Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 4(47) (Dec. 23rd - Dec. 29th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Right, another catch up week, this now puts me at a month behind. I spent time yesterday when I should of been revising for a test I had today, but instead I did this. So if I failed then it's all your fault. =P Anyway lets being, and I would like to remind you that I now allow any Square-Enix related videos for the Top 5.

[top5number1]6f0c3d34-c53d-45a0-83a1-9a0d002efc81[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: ANewBosnianKing, budds, Fayt, HazHeartz, KL93, SephysHeartlessAngel. | View Video
    Song: Various

Well here you have some of the best editors here together in one video, can't go wrong with that. It's a good MEP or Worm (whatever you want to call it) I liked the transitions between each video, very nice and all of the editors involved did a good job, but I do have some little criticism's about it, in some of the videso the flow was a bit iffy, don't always go for fast cuts, but beyond that, great. Also I'm seeing alot of Red being used, but hey i'm not complaining (....yet) I personally love the band.

2. Submitted By: HazHeartz | View Video
    Song: How far we've Come by Unknown

I loved this video, the video had great timing and flow was generally good, though try some smoother tranisitions for some parts and some of the scene selection seemed very random. Beyond that great, good job. But I would like to mention something (same goes for alot of editors) it would be nice if you add credits at the end, it would make it so much easier when finding out song names and the artist, like as you can see above I have no idea who sung the song, and also it can be useful for those who want to know where you got footage from.

3. Submitted By: KL93 , tallboy44, KairiDaSouljaGurl and Stardust | View Video
    Song: Carol of the Bells

Another MEP huh, aren't we spoilt, but what did you expect, it was the christmas week after all. Anothrt great video, all of you did very well, but I do have some criticisms, the flow when you switched editors wasn't all that good, you don't need to introduce who's part is who during the video, save it for the credits or in the description who's part was who's, the idea is to merge many editors efforts together to make one whole continuous video. Also the song makes me giggle as it's the same tune as that burger song thing, but beyond that great and I loved the intro.

4. Submitted By: TheclamWhisperer | View Video
    Song: Monster by Meg and Dia

Another really good video, though I do have 2 negatives things to say, first of all some overused effects, but also the quality wasn't pretty bad, it would be great if you up the quality. It would make it so much better to look at and make it better as a whole. But great job

5. Submitted By: tallboy44 | View Video
    Song: Until the End by Breaking Benjamin

I liked this one, maybe not the best on a technical aspect, but it had a good story and timing, good job.

Now for the Special Mentions:

Submitted By: Mohrchen | View Video
    Song: Insanity by Darin

There was something about this video that bugged me, it could of been the overused effects and debatable song choice, but it deserves a special mention for it's technicality and orginiality.

Submitted By: LovexOnParas | View Video
    Song: Unknown

Another beta I really like, shows promise, though one thing I would like to say, don't overuse that spotlight effect, it was good to begin with, but it gets old.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next Monday!

2. KL93 Twilight Town Denizen

Ugh, maybe I shouldn't have uploaded that. Now it becomes public how horribly I edited the parts together.

3. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

It looks fine to me KL, I've done MUCH worse before now.

4. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

Another great bunch of videos. I'm just kinda looking forward to the day Im up on there. I'm still a "rookie" by standards of figuring things out, but I've got a couple AMVs out there that are doing well. Windows Movie Maker has been a pain as well. x.x

But once I get myself stable and find my style, I'll be all over these top 5's as number 1. :P
    (No offense to the other hard working amv makers, it's a dream, okay? xD)

5. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

nice pick and sorry we made you fail your test lol

6. [Total.Chaos] Destiny Islands Resident

What does it take to get our AMV up there? I made quite a few good ones that have 60-200 views, no rates, no comments... Oh well, the first one was good.

7. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

good choices =D they were all neat in their own way

8. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Rates, views and comments mean nothing to me. I look at the videos and see which ones are well editted. I look for -

-Timing
    -Flow
    -Story
    -Techincality (effects)
    -Good choice of clips
    -Good song choice

9. KL93 Twilight Town Denizen

DA, I was wondering, if I took down a video I uploaded a while ago and re-uploaded, could it still have a chance in the top?

10. Darkandroid Gets it Together

If it has already been in the Top 5 already then a definate no since it's unfair. Technically speaking I shouldn't since it's already had it's chance, so people would just constantly do that hoping they will make it another time. So to try and not be favourist I will have to say no. =/

11. [Total.Chaos] Destiny Islands Resident

Hmm. Interesting. Could you do me a favor and give a few tips on how make some really cool AMVs? I want you to watch two of mine when you get the chance. All are made with WMM. Fun right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymp6bcPBPc Epiphany Sweeney Todd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqDPTIV4wwc All the Small Things blink-182

Even thought I am known as ChaosFinale on Youtube, I'm known in the portals as Naxist. Watch them if you want, and if you do, give me suggestions on how to make them even cooler.

12. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Right, well the main problem is timing, it's a good idea to time and change clips to regular beats. I don't know how to teach timing, but what I can say is careful watch any good AMV (like ones in the Top 5) and see where they change clips or use an effect to.

It's practise makes perfect.

13. [Total.Chaos] Destiny Islands Resident

Well, WMM isn't really good at timing. That's why want to get Sony Vegas. I entered a really cool one into Katsucon 14 AMV contest. I guess you could watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8lhcL2ieyk Danger in the Sky 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUl0EPac2M Danger in the Sky 1.0

If you want to watch one of those, then start with 1.0 and then 2.0 to see what I changed. I will tell you I'm obssesed with using the 180 degree rotation effect in one scene.

As for Sony Vegas, which one is the best to go for? I've made 13 AMVs and I understand effects and music.

14. FreeShooter Moogle Assistant

can i have a list of songs in order from the vid that got first please? i would really like to know what that very first one is with the piano

15. Heartless Angel Destiny Islands Resident

Sure! ^^

Intro: 'Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)' - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    First: 'Soldiers of the Wasteland' - Dragonforce
    Second: 'Already Over' - Red
    Third: 'Otherworld' - Final Fantasy X soundtrack
    Fourth: 'False Pretense' - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Fifth: 'Goodbye' - SR-71
    Sixth: 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' - Linkin Park
    'Zexion' Intro: 'Let the Bodies Hit the Floor' - Drowning Pool
    'Get Your Zexion': 'Sexy Back' - Justin Timberlake
    VALOR Studios Intro: 'Whispers In the Dark' - Skillet

Wow... Long list. XD

I'm so glad we made first! =D (I'm SephysHeartlessAngel. =))