Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 3(46) (Dec. 16th - Dec. 22nd)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

I would like to say sorry for the lack of Top 5 the past month, but don't worry I won't miss those weeks out. I will make my way through and catch up within the next 2 weeks. So expect many more Top 5 goodness. Now this week was a tough one, so many submissions to choose from.

[top5number1]ca227bbe-be28-438f-9389-9a07014f3c98[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: xkhxloverx | View Video
    Song: Alvin the the Chipmunks Trailer)

Now this one could of failed, failed as much as a penguin trying to cook a 5 course meal for Gordan Ramsey, but this one didn't at all. The syncing was brilliant, had good flow and just worked and I liked the colour coordination of Sora, Donald and Goofy to the Chipmunks, it added a little care and consideration, despite it being a simple observation. Great job, you made something work that shouldn't have and was just plain fun to watch.

2. Submitted By: 802e8525 | View Video
    Song: Missing by Evanescence

Now Evanescence, not the most original band to use in a video, but this one had a good originality to it (probably because it wasn't Bring me to life) but I loved the flow, timing and had a real mood and atmosphere, you really connected the video to the music things alot of videos don't have. Great job.

3. Submitted By: Anime17 | View Video
    Song: Break me Down by Red

Might seem a little negative to begin with, but I didn't like the intro, just didn't suit the video that was about to come up, but the rest of it was good, I would of made the white strips at the beginning smaller and a smaller transparency as they are too bold. But everything else was fine, some of the flow was inconsistent but nothing to really complain about.

4. Submitted By: Dpfreak | View Video
    Song: Nine Days by The Moment

I liked most of the transitions for this video, though some didn't work and where too cheesy for that sort of video like the star and heart shaped ones. But beyond that was a good touching video and flow for the most part was good, with a few slip ups. Though something to improve on is the consistency of timing, stick to a certain pattern, I couldn't quite get what you were timing too.

5. Submitted By: Ienzo | View Video
    Song: Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5

I liked the timing and was an enjoyable video to watch, desipte me not liking the band much. Though you did overuse the rapid flash, but beyond that a decent video. Good job.

Now for the Special Mentions:

Submitted By: Hazheartz | View Video
    Song: Unknown

Though she didn't win any awards in the User Portal Awards, this beta of her next video deserves attention, it was just brilliant, the shattered glass effect was great and original (do I sense the use of After effects?) though as some pointers you overtimed a bit at the beginning and some of the transistions could be smoother towards the end, but this has amazing potential.

Submitted By: FreeShooter | View Video
    Song: Rooftops by Lostprophets

A very good FF and KH video, great song and scene selection as well as good timing, was just a great video overall, if I allowed FF this week I would of made it number 1.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next Monday!

Also I would like to add starting next time I will be allowing Final Fantasy videos (or anything Square-Enix related) into the Top 5 to add some variety to the mix and give people more reasons to use things beyond Kingdom Hearts since the User Portal allows those sort of videos. If anyone needs to know places to get FF footage from just PM me and I will be happy to tell you.

2. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

;O Nice vids this week, i still adore that trailer. xD
    xD No 'after effects' was used in that beta Btw.. it's a full Vegas made. All the things you mentioned have been pretty much fixed now since thats an older beta. Great top 5 once again! Great job to everyone!

3. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Then you must tell me how you did it. O_O It looked like something used in After Effects.

4. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

And now I am off to upload my newest AMV I have made. top 5 here I come :D
    And congrats to all of the winners here

5. 8thKazekage Moogle Assistant

:yelling:Curses, My kingdom hearts: the abridged series didn't make it. I'll just have to try harder.

6. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

number one lol

7. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

congrats to everyone way back then, lol

i was kinda hoping to be in the special mentions with my xmas vid....being right before xmas and all:( but oh well...awesome choices again DA:D

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Wow, I'm really pleased with myself now ^^ I got in the top 5! The others that got in deserved it, well done guys.

9. Bakateer Moogle Assistant

I loved all the vids on here, great job guys! The Alvin and the Chipmunks one made me laugh.

10. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

can't believe i made it in the top 5! 0_0 much thanks! and also thank you so much for the tips DA i'll keep them in mind ^^

11. Demyx_MelodiousNocturne Destiny Islands Resident

wow i got #2 in the top five X________x *squee* X3

12. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

lol demyx nice coment

13. kpfjrx7 Destiny Islands Resident

When I saw this topic I was like "Yay top 5 I wonder if I won"Then blam T.T Oh well gotta work harder lol every week

14. xkhxloverx Moogle Assistant

OMG! my trailer came in first!! 0_0 i cant believe it! xD first time ever! thanx so much! the other vids were great too =)