Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 20(63) (Apr. 13th - Apr. 19th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

A very good week this week. I was impressed by lot of videos. Also on another note, expect an special update within the next few days, the news involves 2 of our beloved editors, but anyway, here is the Top 5

[top5number1]755aded5-6bbb-43f7-84bc-9a8101533f8d[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: DarkenedSky | View Video
    Song: I'm Still Here by John Rzeznik

Crisis Core Spoilers - The video is great, I can't really complain much other than a little too much was probably going on. But without a doubt a brilliant video, congrats.

2. Submitted By: EvilMeRc8 | View Video
    Song: How Could You by K-ci n Jojo

Crisis Core Spoilers - I can't critise the video without really nitpicking. The timing was great as usual, and very nice use of effects and flow. Well done

3. Submitted By: faade673 | View Video
    Song: Cloverfield Trailer

Was synced together very well, the only flaw was the limitations of WMM. If this wasn't uploaded on a very close/good week then it probably would of been number 1. Great job.

4. Submitted By: KatastrophicKaylee | View Video
    Song: Spin by Lifehouse

Very professional looking, but that can only take you so far, it lacked some flow and some scenes dragged on for too long. But still a very well made video.

5. Submitted By: FinalArcana| View Video
    Song: All Around Me by Flyleaf

Very well timed, but lacked some flow and some effects didn't quite fit, but all other effects worked well. A very good video.

Now for the Special Mentions:

Submitted By: Darkandroid | View Video
    Song: Almost Lost by InMe

Yes I know, how arrogant of me to add my own video. But I didn't add it to the Top 5 for obvious reasons, due to my own bias towards my own video, but I think it deserves this at least. >> Also I want to use it as a way to promote this great band who doesn't get noticed in the world of AMV's. Anyway go me.

Submitted By: Jforce321 | View Video
    Song: These Hard Times by Matchbox Twenty

A very good beta, I look forward to the final product.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

Very good videos this week. First week i wasn't up here in a while. Though, I haven't really made anything since a couple weeks ago anyways. ^^;
    I don't think I was up last week, but all I submitted was a KHTAS episode. Not an AMV, so it wouldn't be here anyways.
    Anyways, the constant Crisis Core videos are aggravating me a little. Not because of spoilers, just the fact that I'm not interested in it at all; or any Final Fantasy game for that matter. BUT before I rant anymore, Great job everyone. Looking forward to next week's.

3. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

i had a feeling most of these were going in the top 5 when i was browsing videos. great choices! congrats to everyone!

4. DiveIntoTheHeart Traverse Town Homebody

Number one was AWESOME! :3
    Even though it bugs me that everytime i watch a Crisis Core vid... I have to see the scene where Zack dies... -.-
    And i liked #5. <3

Oh.. And i think the link for #4 is broken.
    It took me to #5.
    xD

Congrats to the winners! :3

5. KatastrophicKaylee Moogle Assistant

Oh yay, I got 4th. And I'm very happy with that place for as long as that video lives, considering all of the tiny mistakes I noticed after I put it on youtube and it being my first full Vegas video [alliteration to the MAX xD]. Anyways, yeah, my link IS in fact, broken but I digress.

I'll put the link up so you don't have to search for it again.
    http://video.kh-vids.net/video/6b06258e-7046-434b-81c6-9a7d0123e50d.htm

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

[Time to go watch American Idol :D]

Oh! and on #5 there is a spelling mistake, it's Flyleaf instead of Fireleaf.

6. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

No, it's all KH for me. Although, I played Final Fantasy once. It was Final Fantasy X and everyone keeps telling me that's the worst of the games, that and X-2. I just couldn't get through the game with turntable battling. I can't deal with that. It's too unreal. I've always been a hacker/slasher gamer, plus KH's added bonus of levels adds to the fun of the game. I'm aware there are new FF games with different battle styles (like X-2 where the enemies attack while your stuck in the same place making a decision for your next move; or the newer games that I'm unfamiliar with). And yes, this means I never played FFVII. I never plan to, either. I read the story from the original game and then watched Advent Children and may watch the cutscenes from Crisis Core, although I don't really like the story. It gets more complicated than it needs to be.

And that is why I said I'd stop sooner than get into a rant. xD

7. KHlover360 Moogle Assistant

jforce321 here hoping to change my forum name to this one soon once i get the confirmation email >_>,all i would like to say is OMFG I MADE IT ON HERE IM SO HAPPY THANK YOU SO MUCH =D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

lots of Crisis Core amvs nowadays

9. Darkandroid Gets it Together

There actually aren't that many, it just happens that they tend to be good ones. >>

And number 4's link is fixed.

10. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

oh ok only good Crisis Core amvs are here

11. Luka Deafening silence

first of all
    FFX is the best Final fantasy game ever >: D:<

and nice submission this week xD
    really liked the third one x3

12. SuperStardustHD Banned

1 and 3 were both awesome Gratz to all the winners

13. Whiteroseofwutai Moogle Assistant

wow i loved all them this week xD number 1 was just amazin!
    seeing InMe being used in a amv made me smile ^^ i love that band! lol

14. Mariam Guest

Congratulations to all the winners! :)

But I've noticed lately, whenever someone who uses WMM gets on the list, they are commended for using the program despite its "limitations". It detracts from the fact that they made a good video because they are only being hailed for accomplishing this with a 'lesser program', even though people were churning out amazing videos with WMM before the Sony Vegas Movement. It's like it's something unusual to make a video with WMM, even though that's what people have been using all along from the beginning.

Sorry for that spiel >_>

15. Aryn007 Moogle Assistant

I would like to see more videos with through-lines. Of course, I am always impressed with the time and energy it takes to sync everything up and appropriately cut, edit and enhance the clips, however, I would dearly love to see some videos that convey a complete theme, story, or specific idea and use the music to bring out the mood.

The more of a distinct arc with a beginning middle and end we can see, the more engaging and interesting the video.

16. Darkened-Skys Merlin's Housekeeper

17. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident