Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 19(62) (Apr. 6th - Apr. 12th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

On time this week. Couldn't post it yesterday due to my Oral exam today. But since it's the last week of lectures this week, I have more time to do the Top 5 sooner. So expect updates on Monday's, if not Tuesdays.

[top5number1]32fa5d4f-5249-4b90-9311-9a7a014547a5[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: TheClamWhisperer | View Video
    Song: Elektra Trailer

A very well synced video, all the characters fit the part. I don't really have any complaints. Well done.

2. Submitted By: AnalisSC640 | View Video
    Song: Far Away by Nickelback

I didn't really like the intro and was a bit long for my tastes, but the main video was much better, good syncing and timing, my only complaint is that it was a bit too fast pasted for the type of song, smoother transistions would of been better.

3. Submitted By: rIkUsBlaD3 | View Video
    Song: Triple Tone Eyes by Just Jack

A very well timed video, but has a similar complaint to the second place video, smoother transistions would of been better, more flow. Good job.

4. Submitted By: ARTfreek | View Video
    Song: Unknown

A well timed video, very good for the limited WMM, you used the software well. Had good flow, but I'm not sure why but it lacks something. But still a very good video. Well done.

5. Submitted By: Xemnas666 | View Video
    Song: Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars

Some weird effects and repeatition of those effects is whar bought the video down a bit. But the good timing and use of clips helped. Good effort with the video.

Now for the Special Mentions, only 1 this week.

Submitted By: Kairih | View Video
    Song: Various

A very nice collection of unfinished videos and Beta's, the first one was great, very epic and nice use of voice overs. The rest were pretty good. Since it was a collection of beta's (which I normally place here), I was iffy about putting it into Top 5, but it definately deserves praise. It would of been number 1 in the Top 5, if I didn't place it here.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

i love how in the #1 video they used a supporting character as the lead role in the trailer. very neat idea! congrats to everyone!

3. Shade_666 Moogle Assistant

yah! I'm glad i made it into the top 5 I thought the best i would get would be a special mention and ya looking back now I think I'm gonna try mixing it up next time, I just wanted to try to emphasis the drum beats and such

(I'm Xemnas666 in case you couldn't figure it out)

4. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

I loved No. 4! ;D

5. WGreyB Merlin's Housekeeper

Absolutely loved the first and the fourth ones. All of them were great, though!

6. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

O_O
    oooo~~~ #1 was sexy!! >.<
    and so was # 3... i liked that one ^_^

congrats to everyone! and keep it up guyz!!

7. Traz Moogle Assistant

awesome choices
    Just wanted to let you know the song in No. 4 is called "Up is Down" it's from the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End soundtrack =]

8. SimpleAndClean640 Merlin's Housekeeper

I got number 2?, that was really unexpected!. Yay me XD

9. squallxrinoa Merlin's Housekeeper

loved #1 , #2 and #4!but the rest were really really good aswell!

the link for the special mention isn't working for me,anyone else got this problem or is it just my dodgy internet?