Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 18(61) (Mar. 30th - Apr. 5th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

A day later then I wanted to, but I ended up working on coursework all day so I couldn't post it, but here is the Top 5.

[top5number1]f3ad7fc7-c965-4dbe-95db-9a6f00e55058[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: HazHeartz | View Video
    Song: Goodbye Apathy by One Republic

Yes it's not your best work, but it doesn't stop it from being good. It was quite a dull song in my opinion to work with. But I still enjoyed the video. I like your editting style with nice soft transitions that look professional instead of using an effect for the sake of using it.

2. Submitted By: LovexOnParas | View Video
    Song: Prelude 12-21 by AFI

A video with a nice charm, but you overused that spotlight effect, it got old after a while. But I still enjoyed the video. Good job.

3. Submitted By: Daae | View Video
    Song: Rewind by Pillar

Crisis Core Spoilers - A very good video, though some of the transitions could of been smoother and a little bit of repeatition, but it was still a very good video. Good job.

4. Submitted By: khfan1661 | View Video
    Song: Raise Me Up by Sela

A good video, my main complaint is the lack of variety of clips, but the transistions were nice and quite professional. A good video.

5. Submitted By: PaopuDragon | View Video
    Song: Doomsday by Atreyu

The songs heaviness isn't best suited for KH, but it worked somewhat. It was a enjoyable video good timing, though at times it seemed a litte off. I've used the song before and timed it differently (doesn't matter, different opinions on how to time it), though there wasn't much consistency with it, like in the chorus, you timed with the drums but then changed to lyrics randomly. And I don't like how you ended it, you missed out the best part, and it ended randomly. Sorry i'm sounding quite harsh, having used it before I have strong opinion on how the song could of been done, but don't get me wrong it's a good video and deserves praise.

Now for the Special Mentions, only 1 this week.

Submitted By: EvilMeRc8 | View Video
    Song: How Could You by K-Ci and Jojo

Crisis Core in the video - A nice beta, I look forward to the final product.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

Yay... 5th. o.o
    Yeah, I know it could have been MUCH better. But I was rushing because I only had two days to start and finish it before my Vegas trial ran out.

Now all I've got is WMM again. x.x;
    I won't be doing too many AMVs until I can get Vegas back. :x

3. SuperStardustHD Banned

Damn the first one was amazing, I really need to get my skills in AMV making up!

4. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

o.O.. I didn't think that video would get 1st.. xD Quite a surprise to me.

5. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

love number 3 going to get crisis core

6. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

i really like the rewind video i was hoping it would be in the top 5! and great job, Haz as always! ^__^

7. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

must get sony veges only $149.99 to go ahh

8. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

which edition are you getting? i got sony vegas 6 for only $60.00

9. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

i am geting pro 8 got about $400 its $549.99

10. SimpleAndClean640 Merlin's Housekeeper

I loved! the #1 video, congrats =)

11. whitemushroom Moogle Assistant

Hi to everyone! I've seen many vids of you guys, but I have a question: I'd love to send one of my vids, but this is my first forum ever and I haven't got the faintest idea of how to submit it. Someone can help me? Thanks all you!!!

12. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

yeah learned that last week

13. keyblade bearer Destiny Islands Resident

The first video is really fantastic...the synchro is incredible!!!!!!!And it is a great work...I see the third too...all talk about it like a fantastic, and I have to say that you have right..!!Is awesome that, too!!!But the maker has used too much clips two times!!!There is Zack's death TOO MUCH TIMES!!!!!Anyway...is fantastic...the song is perfect too!!!!!!Congratulations boys!!=)

14. Daae Moogle Assistant

...Did I just get called a boy?

Anyway, yes, I used lots of clips from the end of Crisis Core because that's sort of the focal point of the video. Zack thinking about Aerith and Cloud and wishing that he could change the way things ended up because he knows that it hurts them.

15. keyblade bearer Destiny Islands Resident

Oh sorry...I don't know your gender...!XD...well...I got it...

16. Aryn007 Moogle Assistant

While often I agree with you critiques, in this case, I thought it was very clear that the spotlight effect was a theme of the video rather than an ornament. I think in a piece of art (which I consider these videos to be) it's important to keep color and lighting as artistic choices to tell the story. Some filming styles like that of "The Office" employ a technique that, in normal movies or television shows, might only be used to for short periods of time to make a point, but in this case it's used to convey the story.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

Loved the videos!

~Aryn

17. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I understand and do somewhat agree with your statement, it did indeed really add to the atmosphere of the video, but there are other effects that could add to it instead of sticking to 1 effect the whole time. It was far from a bad idea, it was better to have it then not at all. But that's just my opinion. I understand the point you made about "The Office", but camera styles and that effect are different things in my eyes, for different purposes.

18. Devrev Merlin's Housekeeper

Oo soon as im done with my next video ( prolly next month im busy dont ask ) If it doesnt hit number 1 im going to foceivly crap my pants aned il record it to proove it >.>

19. Sadden Blood Warrior Lost in the mind! Help help me god!!!!! Their afte

These were awesome, I liked 2 and 5 I don't know why just something I liked about them...

20. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

ok the last part was not needed realy