Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 14(57) (Mar. 2nd - Mar. 8th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

It's good to see so many talented editors appearing here. Back in the early days of the site there were little to no good editors and look at the site now. It's so good to see such progress from everyone. Just imagine everyone in another years time. And now for this weeks Top 5, and also the day I finally catched up, now expect the week's Top 5 on either the Sunday or Monday.

[top5number1]9e2bdc5e-3b5c-4028-aef9-9a530062ff8e[/top5number1]​

This Week's Winner: Various | View Video
    Song: Various Artist's

Yes I was being lazy with the people taking part, but there are a full explaniation of all the editors that took part and what songs they used on the youtube version. Well what can a say, it's a good collection of short videos froms some of the best editors here, a few of the videos lacked but overall it was impressive and the tranisition between each clip was done nicely. Congrats everyone involved.

2. Submitted By: SoraKey89 | View Video
    Song: The Bourne Ultimatum Trailer

Forget the fact it's in another language, the editting was top notch, it was synced so well. Very good work.

3. Submitted By: angelsinflight14 | View Video
    Song: Into You by Zebrahead

Since we accept FF it's only fair to include Disney in the mix, so here is a KH and Alice in Wonderland video. A very good video, was timed well and had goos flow, but some of your choice of clips I wasn't so keen on, for quite an upbeat video, some of your scene selection didn't really represent the mood all that well, like having Roxas walk when it's reallt upbeat doesn't really fit well, and AiW doesn't suit the type of song all that well, but overall it was really enjoyable.

4. Submitted By: Anime17 & Kairih | View Video
    Song: What have You Done by Within Temptation

A good collab here, was very nice indeed, was good overall, though your watermarks stand out to much, make them less visable, don't let them dominate the video, just have there in the background only slightly visable.

5. Submitted By: 72f4647d | View Video
    Song: My Odyssey by Scarf

A very nice use of effects, there stood out but didn't dominate, the way they should be. And something many editors don't get right. Though that circle effect throughout got annoying after a while was was kind of unneeded, but good video in general, Good job.

Now for the Special Mentions, since this week was so hard, here are 2 videos that didn't quite make it, but deserve a mention:

Submitted By: HazHeartz | View Video
    Song: [Unknown/I]

You are definately one of the best editors here. Each video is done so well, we a good variety and effects which don't overpower the video and have such good flow. I look forward to the final version.

Submitted By: FmaKnight22 | View Video
    Song: Hero Heroine by Boys Likes Girls

A good beta, with nice transistions. I look forward to full version.

Submitted By: meachulin | View Video
    Song: We Are by Ana Johnson

What's this? A third one, well from time to time I might have an extra one for good first AMV's for editors that have potential. The video is far from perfect but they have potential. I would be good to see what the future holds.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

*has a rant to myself over how bad i must be at making vids*

*looks around* oh! *cough* sorry ^_^ great choices again DA, everyone definately is getting much much better....

*goes back to ranting to myself*

3. Haynette Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm sure they're all awesome, even tho I haven't seen them all yet.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Link fixed. Thanks.

5. Anime17 Destiny Islands Resident

hey! our collab got in the top 5! thanks for the tip about the watermarks ;)

6. Unknownkid Traverse Town Homebody

I loved all of them (as always, I know hah xD)

#2 was simple, yet it had the perfect scenes, matched perfectly to the shots/sounds/etc.
    Makes me want to complete me upcoming one even more x3

But good choice and great AMVs. Respect! ^_^

7. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

every week amvs are geting better and better

8. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

Great top 5! And great job catching up. You pulled it off xD

9. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

da is caught up again nice lol

10. [Total.Chaos] Destiny Islands Resident

Waahhh! *Ahem... Anyways, I thought my Hello KH video would make it in, it's my best! Oh weel good choices...

11. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

sorry your amv did not get into the top five

12. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

The link for #3 isnt working for me. Anyone else have this problem? I had to search for it in the portal. Haha! xD

13. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

yeah me also just tryed it

14. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

XD haha... loved the ending to #1 (the Eminem bit... ^_^)... great vid... and awesome transitions... made the vid very smooth... i love it...lol

and of course congrats to the rest who made it!!! ^_^
    hope to see u ppl up here again.. GOOD LUCK!

oh and CONGRATS to DA for catching up! ^_^

15. KH_Beast Moogle Assistant

Is there a place where we can see past winners?

16. Unknownkid Traverse Town Homebody

17. angelsinflight14 Merlin's Housekeeper

xD Whooo~ I'm tired right now but so, so happy that my crack-induced video actually got somewhere. It was so much fun to make.

The link on here to it isn't working for me either, though. =/

Oh, and DA, it's "Into You" by Zebrahead. xDD Thought I'd just point out that little missing "to."

18. FmaKnight22 Moogle Assistant

gosh...

O MAN! when I saw I got a special mention, i FLIPPED! its truly an honor to get mentioned! This has given me inspiration to get that dumb video FINISHED.
    I lost inspiration and have had WAAAAY too much homework to have any time to finish it. But when it's done, IM AIMIN FOR NUMBER ONE BABEH!

19. PaopuDragon Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, but if things keep going as they are, won't you have to stop doing a Top 5 due rto so many good videos and do maybe a top 10? I dunno, just a thought.

20. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Possibly, but at the moment I think it's fine with 5 and special mentions. =D