Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LadyAzura, Oct 3, 2017.

1. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

So! With the release of Danganronpa V3, I was looking around the forum and I had not seen any threads talking about the games or the anime series. Sooooo! Here's a thread! This thread is mostly about the first game but I can make a second thread for the second and V3 for a combined thread so I don't annoy the staff more than I already am >.<. Warning! This thread may or may not contain spoilers! I apologize in advance. Story starts off with our main protagonist, Makoto Naegi! He comes up in front of the most prestigious school, Hope's Peak Academy after winning a lottery one day. For that, he was award with the title of, Ultimate Lucky Student! However, Makoto blacks out and wakes up to find himself in a classroom. He walks out and heads into the gymnasium to find 14 other students. After introducing themselves to one another, a stuffed bear, half black and half white, appear before the 15 students. The bear went by the name, Monokuma, who had described as being half hope and half desBEAR he makes a lot of cringy bear puns so BEAR with me..o-o. Within in instant, Monokuma places them in a killing game! For every murder, a class trial is held! The students have to figure out who is killer in order to stay alive! If they guess wrong, then they are executed and killer roams free or "graduates". If they guess right, then only the killer gets executed. This game is an adventure and mystery visual novel! It is out on the PS Vita and on PS4 in Danganronpa 1.2 Reload. For those who have played or seen it being played on YouTube, what were your thoughts? Favorite characters? Least Favorite? Thoughts on any of the trials? For those who haven't, I highly recommend this game! It really throws you for a loop with the story and it feels like you're a detective, at least I do xD. If you can't get your hands on it, I recommend this YouTuber who played it. For me, I thought this game was wonderful. It really left me speechless over all the mysteries and the characters were a bit diverse, in my opinion, and it made think more than I could when I'm doing homework xD. Gameplay was interesting, story was so interesting with its many mysteries, and the characters were pretty memorable for me. I wanna hear your thoughts!! Again, this is a thread for the first game! I can make a combined thread for the second and V3 if you guys would like! Let me know!! Have a BEARY good day!! Upupupupupupu!!!!

2. Trigger hewwo uwu

Oh hey, I'm actually playing this game right now! I've been meaning to play through the series for a long time and with V3 coming out I figured it was finally time. I'm on Chapter 3 (which has been the easiest case in the game lol, it's so obvious who the killer is!) right now and loving it. I enjoy just about all the characters (except Byakuya Togami because he's a huge jerk) but my favorites are Mondo Owada, Aoi Asahina, Celestia Ludenberg, and Chihiro Fujisaki. Even though I hate Byakuya, I do think he makes a good character and a good 'rival'.

The music is so good in this game though, I've listened to the soundtrack so much since I started playing. This track gets me so pumped during class trials, and walking around during free time while this song plays really helps lighten the mood from the regular oppressive atmosphere.

Now I'm gonna go play some more so I can finish and move onto DR2!

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Truer words have never been spoken

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Ayyyeee!! The third trial was kind of easy for me to figure out but I did do some second guessing for a bit before I was like, "Yea they're definitely the killer!". I love Kyoko Kirigiri, Makoto Naegi, Celestia Ludenberg, Aoi Asahina, and Sakura Ogami. I can definitely agree with you on Byakuya when it comes to him being a little brat/jerk. For me, I really love this track just before a class trial. It makes me feel like I'm a detective getting ready to solve a case! As for free time, I really like this song. It relaxes me and bring like this calm vibe during free time. In DR2, oh my god!!! There are SO many tracks I just absolutely love!! The last class trial and the second one are a tie for my favorite trial because of the twists and reveals!!! You're gonna love DR2 when you get to it!!!
    --- Post updated ---
    But truer words can be spoken for another jerk in V3. You know who it is mok xD