Anime Danganronpa: The Animation

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Shinichi Izumi, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Danganronpa: The Animation
    (ダンガンロンパ: The Animation)
    [​IMG]

Trailer:

Spoilerless Openings:

[/quote]​

Genre: Horror, Psychological Thriller, Tragedy, Murder Mystery.
    Episodes: 13
    Animation: Lerche
    Seasons: 1
    Airing: Crunchyroll, Funimation, Madman Studios
    Personal Rating: 8.2/10

If you own a PSP or PS vita I recommend getting the Game the Anime is based on because it is much longer and you get to know the characters better, and the story has a greater impact, the anime is sometimes rushed, but its still something that gets the story trough, and it's still a very good watch worth your time, It's a bit sad at times, but the main reason why I like it is because it is based on 2 of my favorite themes "Hope" and "Despair" (Or as i use to call it "Madness") and it's generally well made, especially the Animation and the executions.
    and by the way, dont search it on youtube or tumblr without having watched it, because you will find spoilers, you have been warned.
    if you do choose to watch it I hope you enjoy the school life of mutual killing as much as I did.
    upupupupupupu.​

2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow! It looks great! I can't help but feel the art style reminding me of The World Ends With You, and Persona 3 series.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I would only recommend the anime if you're looking for something quick to do. It does the job and tells the story, but you miss out on so much personality that the characters have. There are deaths early in the series, and they leave you wanting to know more, so I would recommend the game over the anime.

The anime however is still one of my favorites. It's really well done (other than being rushed as ****), and it has really awesome music.

4. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

It Was animated by the same people who did P3.[DOUBLEPOST=1388640328][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Agreed, they die as your getting to know them and as your getting attached so it's kinda wierd, but i feel some people are to harsh on the anime, despite it being a good watch non-the-less.

5. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I started off watching The Animation then once I finished I played the PSP game in english with a patch by Team Zetsubou.

The game is alot more in depth and takes it's time between trials to get to know the cast better and the game to me is like Phoenix Wright but alot more sadistic. But I still recommend watching The Animation AFTER playing the game so you can compare and contrast what was cut.

6. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Agreed, Playing the game first is certainly an advantage, but the main themes still get across trough either one, so im not too buthurt about the anime, quite frankly Id prefer an anime Adaptation of Super Dangan Ronpa 2, instead of a remake of the first one.

7. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Well If I remember correctly these was a teaser for Super Dangan Ronpa 2 at the end with Usami saying she was looking forward to meeting everyone very soon. And it was followed up on by the team stating if the dvd/blu-ray sold alot they would adapt Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

8. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Yes, exactly, A Huge "IF" (pardon the reference), In japan sometimes good anime just does not sell, take a look at Deadman Wonderland for example...

9. Jin うごかないで

I have yet to watch this, I will be soon because of a friend who's forcing me to watch it with them. But first I have to finish off reading a lot of other piled up stuff but I've heard a lot of good reviews about this so I'm looking forward to watching it.

10. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

My friend managed to make me watch this in one day. The anime was actually very good. It was better than I expected.

11. Jin うごかないで

Really hoping they'll make Super danganronpa an anime. I've played Danganronpa 1 along with the remake happy trigger havoc amazing games amazing anime just amazing. I really have hopes for SDR mostly because I love Komaeda.