Help cutscenes downloads help

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by ventusangel, Dec 10, 2014.

1. ventusangel Moogle Assistant

Hey guys. I'm a huge kh fan and since I'm poor and will probably never get the chance to play all the games like some people do.. >_< Ive resolved to try to download cutscenes from the entire series...

So then I can piece up all the parts of the story's puzzle and find out what happened. I'm dying of curiosity! I downloaded some videos from kh2 in mp4 but... for some reason I can't play the files. I don't know what happened.. I downloaded like 20 scenes and when I looked at the files it read:

0:00-0:00

And a message popped up saying they weren't playable.

T _T *sigh* and they took hours to download....

Someone please help me...

2. Explode Who?!

As confusing as it is, not all mp4's have the same compression codec, which means that not every player is equipped to open (correctly, or at all) every mp4 file. Try playing them with VLC player, if you haven't already. It's a free media player that will play most files/codecs.

Otherwise, you might want to try converting it to another codec. I find that Handbrake (again, free software) works for me, at the default settings.

If you don't want to go through that, you can just watch them from KH-Vids' youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39CC1162037CE63F

Use KeepVid.com if you want to download them. Youtube videos convert to a pretty standard codec, so you should have no problem playing them.

Also as a side note, the KH2 Final Mix scenes on the site right now are from the 2007 version of the game, for which the extra scenes do not have voice acting, and since there are no subtitles either, you won't know what's happening. If you wait a little while, we should have HD cutscenes from the PS3 collections, which have all those scenes fully voiced.

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

That's really inconvenient. I don't know whos Idea it was to do that and not have it work on something simple like WMP. I wonder how many other people had this problem and never mentioned it.

4. Explode Who?!

Yeah, it's not great. There must be a weird setting somewhere. It's showing up as H.264 codec, which should be fine, but even Quicktime can't play it correctly (it has weird artifacting). WMP isn't exactly known for good compatibility, especially with higher quality video, and in the past I've had to install codec packs to make things work, but Quicktime should be able to play mp4s, no question.

I'm pretty sure the new cutscenes will be fine. I've had no trouble playing the ones from either Misty or Karuta.

5. ventusangel Moogle Assistant

Thanks I'll try it. I had no idea that not all mp4's were the same... :/

XD am I the first to ask?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  6. Misty gimme kiss

Have you tried any of the KH1.5 FM videos? Those are the latest recorded (and done by me), and I believe @Karuta is using the same method for encoding the MP4s for KH2.5, so I'd like to know if they're suffering from the same issue!

Also, moving this to the Feedback & Assistance section. The KH help section is for help with actually playing the games. :)

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Yes, I fully suggest VLC. It's always updating and it works for just about everything.
    MKV....MP4....etc etc....
    Here's a download link if you haven't already gotten it: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
    You can also use VLC to watch Twitch streams! Isn't that cool?!

VLC also allows you to change/force the video to be in 16:9 in the right-click>video>aspect ratio selection when you are looking at a video. Also, pressing shift+< or > let's you skip forward or backward a few seconds instead of having to click on the video timeline.

Side note: if you are watching a lot of videos at once, just set the default to VLC and then just double click on it, you don't have to close the program to watch another file. The program automatically switches to the new video!

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary