Currency in America

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Roxas is Hot, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Apparently, some pizza place in Texas has allowed people to pay in Pesos, since half of the customers are Mexican. This is the 2nd restaurant that has allowed people to pay in Pesos.

Should most places in the U.S also allow people to pay in Pesos?

2. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Only near the border. If I found something like that in, say, Chicago, I'd find that ridiculous.

3. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I don't think so for most of the US. Businesses should accept different currencies (within reason) but salaries should always be in the currency of the country in question, unless as has been stated it is very close to the border, and even then it's a bit iffy.

4. N Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, I can understand a small business letting people pay in foreign currencies, but as stated above, salaries should be paid in dollars, not foreign currency. I think the foreigners should get used to American money, because they are in America, not Mexico.

5. SplitOverload Chaser

Well if it's near the border, then they can have both currencies. If it's in NY, wtf.

6. xAXELxFIREx Destiny Islands Resident

I went to Canada and a lot of the stores along the border accepted American or Canadian dollars. I can understand the stores around the borders and stuff, but if America decided to have 2 different currencies..it wouldn't make much sense.

7. Riku Sora Merlin's Housekeeper

Borders and areas in that vecinity yes. However if it was like in Boston, Miami, or San. Fransisco it would be stupid, very stupid.

8. Eternal_Darkness Merlin's Housekeeper

Well Im Not Sure Who Else May Live By The Border But I Do. I Live In Sunny San Diegooo...

when I First Heard About This I Told Of How It Is In Tijuana And How If You Cross The Border They Accept The American Dollar In A Lot Of Places Nowadays Now When I Heard White Facists Arguing About The Fact That A Small Business Decided To Accept Pesos As Well As The Dollar It Really Bothered Me. Why... Because When I Go Down To Tijuana And I See White Tourists Paying, What Are They Paying With????with Their American Dollar, They As Well Dont Take The Time To Exchange Their Money Into Pesos They Assume They Will Take The American Dollar Which In Todays Year, In A Lot Places, Mexican Businesses Have Accepted The American Dollar As A Form Of Currency To Buy Items. Now When A White Man Complains It, It Raises Thoughts In My Head. You See Many People In Todays World Are Afraid Of The Future Because They Cant Secure Their Own Future. They Have Fear Against The Ones They Dont Know, In This Case It Would Be The Mexicans And All Other Ethic Races Illegally Immigrating To The Country, But One Must Realize People In Different Countries Dont Just Wake Up One Day And Say "hey Lets Go To America!" One Of The Big Reasons Why A Foreigner Would Think Of Illegally Crossing Would Be To Aid Their Families From Proverty, People Dont Realize There Are A Lot People Out There Struggling Barely Making Ends Meet And Tons Not Even Making It. They See Everything As Social Darwinism Or The Thought Of Only The Strong Survive And I Believe In That Mentality But To A Certain Degree. I Think Everyone Is Entitled To The Same Things As The Bum Down My Street But Not Everyone Has The Opportunity To Excel And Make Somthing Of Themselves...

sorry I Went A Lil Off Topic There But I Think Its An Issue That Should Be Embraced Rather Than Ignored, The Longer It Is Ignored The More Time People Becoem Ignorant....

in Short I Dont See A Problem With The Small Pizza Business Accepting Pesos As A Form Of Currency Because They Can Easily Exchange The Money For American Dollars....

p.s. Im Mexican....lol

9. Repliku Chaser

I can't really see a problem with border places accepting foreign currency since that neighboring country is right there and all. I live in NY and go to Canada and there are places there that accept both Canadian and American money. Also, when I go to Mexico, they accept my dollars if I don't have time to go get money exchanged. Deeper in each country, of course the currency that is dominant should be adhered to. Sometime in the future, we may be moving to currency known as the 'Amero' which you can wiki to find out information on, and if so, it will involve Canadian, U.S. and Mexican money much as the Euro is a combined European money now. If that happens, well, there won't be any griping about pesos or Canadian quarters anymore.

10. Gravity Chaser

I think that's totally rediculous. There are differences between the value of Pesos and Dollars, and paying them interchangably doesn't make things much easier. It could be allowed near the border, but anything else is rediculous.

11. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Everyone seems to be missing the point, it's fine for places to accept different currencies, the point is they were PAYING the employees in a different currency. I don't appreciate being called a facist. So as to avoid any more confusion READ THE ORIGINAL POST CAREFULLY NEXT TIME!!!

12. saxoR_vs_aroS Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree with your statement Bunterx, if this is what you are trying to say: for places near the border its ok, but te people who work there should be paid in US dollars, since pesos are pointless to them...

13. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The point I am making is that there is a massive difference between businesses accepting different currencies as payments, and employees being paid in a different currency. Salaries should always be in the countries currency.

An example being, here in northern Cyprus they accept British pounds, the Euro and the Turkish lira, BUT workers are paid in Turkish lira everywhere as it is the countries currency.

14. saxoR_vs_aroS Hollow Bastion Committee

Thats what i was getting at.... i agree with you.

15. Repliku Chaser

I am kind of confused why they are being paid in pesos as there is a fee for exchanging money and it would seem that the employers would lose more money paying these people in pesos, but hey, it's their loss I guess. I still don't see the big deal in it really unless they are getting the pesos illegally.

16. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Well as long as there's an exchange rate it shouldn't matter. It's no different than someone from Germany paying with Euro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.