Traditional Art Critique plx?

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Cherry Berry, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Cherry Berry Chaser

I feel as though there's something wrong with this digital piece
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any tips on what I should do? I've been trying to draw in the style of Dangan ronpa (on/off) for the last 2-3 months.

I feel personally as though in the last year I've made some improvement with digital art and coloring (2 years ago and if I was asked about ever doing digital art on an iPad, I'd probably have laughed at you due to lack of skills and knowledge in such an area D: )

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Hmm.

Lower body needs a little more depth to improve perspective. The linework could be a little cleaner and smoother on the fingers and the front of her hair. Recheck the anatomy on the right arm.

That's all I'm seeing on a normal technical level. But as far as emulating Dangan Ronpa, a lot of it is actually color choice which you haven't got at all. The series tends towards stark contrast and really strong colors with kinda hand drawn looking gradients. What you have right now is super digital looking and the coloration is too weak and smooth. The eyes also look more persona inspired. Comments all based on the VN and novel art as I've never seen anything from the animation.

Overall, it's okay, nothing wrong with it intrinsically, but since you're trying to go for DR style you've got a bit longer to go.

You have made progress though, and I didn't realize you were working on something as limiting as an iPad so I'm impressed.