Kingdom Hearts III Corrupted Mickey?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Glen, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

Warning: This post does contain spoilers. Mild ones, but spoilers about the secret boss in KH3D, KH1 and KH2/possibly the Big Hero 6 movie itself? You have been warned.

So, after the reveal of the Big Hero 6 world in KH3, I saw the concept art that was so kindly linked in the article on this forum, and on it I couldn't help but notice what appears to be the evil baymax. Now, I don't remember the article too well but I'm reasonably sure that that is the body of Baymax that was left behind at the end of Big Hero 6 inside the portal, taken over by darkness.

Which makes me wonder; are there going to be other disney characters that succumb to darkness in some way or another? Maybe this is how a toy story world could fit in or something? I don't know, but that's not what this thread is about. What it is about is the secret boss of KH3D: Julius.

KH1 Final Mix had a secret boss as Unknown, KH2 Final Mix had Lingering Will as a secret boss, and BBS had Mysterious Figure. All of these secret, optional bosses were foreshadowing something in the next game; something big in the plot (Xemnas being a thing, Terra being taken by darkness, Young Xehanort being a major antagonist too). Although, Julius seems just a little out of place with that. Strong as he is, I can't see him being a massive antagonist himself due to the nature of his lack of intelligence.

But in Runaway Brain, which is what Julius was from, he was switched with Mickey. So is it possible this isn't suggesting Julius himself is the antagonist, but some form of evil Mickey? If Baymax can be corrupted, is there not a chance that our lovable mouse friend could turn to darkness for a portion of it? Just an interesting thought, really.

2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

That is a good question. I'd love to see this happen; for a portion of course because Mickey's just too cewl for the darkness. If my memories serves right, there was an interview where nomura stated that among the seven guardianz of light, one of them would end up doing something plot twisty. So perhaps this could be what he was referring.

The KH games have aalways had hidden bosses that end up playi g a major role in the next installment of the series. So unless 3D is there to break that pattern, it could be that your logic is correct Glen.

The question is....what causes Mickey to go all king king?

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[banging fists, chanting] CORRUPTED OSWALD, CORRUPTED OSWALD

4. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

If Mickey does turn to the darkness for a small portion of the game, I believe it could most likely be caused by the 13 darkness's trying to weaken the 7 lights by trying to reduce the amount of allies they have. I imagine it would have something to do with them using Oswald against Mickey, and maybe when Mickey tries to fix things between him and Oswald, he gets led into some kind of trap.

5. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

It might not be corrupted like Baymax, but it could just be some disney like plot where both parties are merely manipulated. The more I think about it, the more I think that seeing Oswald go all Dark mode or corrupted seems unlikely. Sure Oswald is very bitter towards Mickey, but he doesn't harness anger and rage towards him like some characters in KH. It's more like an upset child envying another child for getting more attention than him. What makes the other kid so special compared to me? or How come he gets that and I get this? type of thing.

And remember, Big Hero 6 had already introduced
    Baymax going all killer mode because Hiro inserted that disk into Baymax's drive.

So for all we know, the "corrupted" baymax could just be Baymax with that program doing the controlling. But w.e, that's just speculation on my part.

Bringing it back to Mickey and Julius, I really doubt that it'll be a DARKNESS related thing, and it could just be a more Disney plot related thing that accidentally drives these characters to introduce Julius.