Digital Art Coloring test

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by cstar, Jan 22, 2015.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

I've been working on my digital coloring for black and white images and I'm wondering if it looks alright? The only thing I personally am not loving is the hat, but what does everyone else think?

2. Misty gimme kiss

Are you filling in the blocks of color above the lineart, then changing their layer mode to something to let the lineart show through? That's what it looks like by the hat -- I've found the best way to color is to put the lineart layer above all the rest, set it to Multiply, then color underneath it. It makes everything look a bit more consistent and helps to preserve the shading on the original scan.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

What I had done was cut up the picture into little pieces: skin, dress, hair, hat. Then I had taken it and just used the adjustment tools and added color based on that. I didn't think to make a lineart layer, but next time I do recolor I'll remember this trick. Thank you!

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I was impressed by the professional appeal of the artwork. The coloring was excellently executed, and I really only spotted a slight inconsistency in top of the ribbon of the hat because I was looking very, very closely for something to add critically. It's seriously just a fraction of a bit of space that doesn't quite click.

The dress, on the other hand, is another world entirely. It's a mesmerizing example of rich color; excellent color selection and shading, to say the least.