Cloverfield [warning:spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Caetlin, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caetlin Destiny Islands Resident

I am very disappointed that other than a new info thread, there is no post-movie Cloverfield discussion here!

I saw it at midnight... it was so amazing. I mean everything was just insane, it was the loudest movie I've ever seen and should win an Oscar for sound. Also, the monster did not disappoint me as I grew up with my brother watching those Godzilla movies all the time, and I've seen loads of monsters but this one was by far the coolest.

Also I wanted to cry when Marlena died... it was so terrible and sudden. But yeah I pretty much have to see it again.

2. Mike Chaser

Yea, I really got to see the movie...

3. Caetlin Destiny Islands Resident

You should try and check it out this weekend, simply because this is when they tally the weekend box office results.

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I saw the film when it came out...well after school any way. I loved the whole film. The monster is one of the best monsters I have seen in a long time. Now, no desrespect for Godzilla but...he ain't got s*** on Cloverfield. I heard someone say it was that the film was like Rampage, you know the game where the Looney Toon rejects are destroying cities, but the film is way better then Rampage and it gives you an effect of realism.

5. Spike H E R O

I saw it on Firday after school with some friends. Now that movie was awesome! What really got me, thoug, was how you see everything from the camera's point of view.

Another cool thing was how you would'nt be able to guess what the moster was. I thought it was a Scopion or something, but I really have no idea. Anyway, it was a cool movie.

6. Mish smiley day!

Aw, couldn't we have had a spoiler warning or something about that death? x3

Anyways, I haven't seen this film, but from what I've heard about it, I think I'll be disappointed. The whole film is shot like the Blair Witch Project, amirite? Well, I hate that. I've also heard that you barely get a good look at the monster, so how can you compare it with Godzilla? Apparently, a lot of the beginning of the film is just people celebrating and is completely irrelevant to the rest of the film.. Also, that the film is left very open-ended.. how very unsatisfying. I could have been told lies, but oh well. P:

Nevertheless, I will go to see it when it comes to my cinemas. xP Since I don't really want to knock it before I try it.

7. Funkyboy7 Merlin's Housekeeper

i havn't seen the movie yet do to the lack of money but the movie just seems to be amazing..... i wana see the big lady with no had :-P

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

You get a good look of the monster. The begining is good character devolpment. Your right you can't compair it to Godzilla, because this film is greater then any Godzilla film, a Godzilla fan even said so.

9. Caetlin Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, completely handheld.

No, you get a great view of him three times in the movie, not counting the helicopter flight scene.

Um... hello? Characters?

I'm sorry you don't get your happy fairy tale Hollywood ending.

Give it a try though. If you hated Blair Witch Project then you might want to take motion sickness medicine.

10. KaitoX Moogle Assistant

this is the ultimate in ****
    but its free and at your diposal
    cloverfeild
    ftw

KITTY FROWNS UPON SPOILERS.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Dude, you might want to get that out of your post I mean, your basicly spoiling the part of the movie.

12. Dredica SNES was the best.

Thanks for spoiling a part when somebody dies, I am going to see it today...v_v

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Wow, I first saw the advert for it yesterday at the cinema, it just seemed too much like another film I've seen. I would go see it if I was invited but it wouldn't be my first choice.

14. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

It was ok but it rly wasnt as good as i expected it to be >.<

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

And yet it is the number 1 film in the box offices.

16. Agent007 Traverse Town Homebody

Well this movie is shot with a handheld camera but its not as bad as the BWP was. Like Caetlin said, you get some really good shots of the monster throughout. The beginning of the film is not irrelevant. Like every movie, characters have to be introduced. What do you mean it;s irrelevant? The funny thing is that you really are knocking it.
    I don't know if its greater than any Godzilla movie ever made. You cant mess with the classics man!! ;)

17. Dredica SNES was the best.

I was going to see it today, but my little brother was scared of the monster, so we didn't go to see it after all.

18. Agent007 Traverse Town Homebody

How was he scared of the monster? Have they showed it on TV?

19. Cutsman Gummi Ship Junkie

Dont Look If You Dont Want To See A Spoiler!!!

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW OF SPOILERS!!!!

Lol the ending was such crap!!! "I love you!" "I Love you too!" SQUISH!!!!! the movie was great besides that part, and it ruined the whole movie~ not really scary although it wasn't supposed to lol, oh well lol i gave it a 1/5 just cuz it was depressing, sad, and the ending was crap

20. Bone Doctor Merlin's Housekeeper

I would have to agree, you hear them talking, then the camera is buried and then...nothing, its over. I thought it was a great movie all the way up until the ending. Because to tell you the truth, i think ANY ending would have been better then the one they had for cloverfield. But enough bashing the ending, it was a great movie, lots of twists you would never see coming, sorta original but not as original as i thought it would be, and the action scenes we're done really well so all in all. 3/5 (ending blew)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.