Cinderella

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Garxena, Jan 19, 2010.

?

Cinderella Disney's first black princess?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

So I went to the library the other day and found Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. I noticed that it's a Disney movie as well. So I got it to see what it was (which is very good by the way). But what I was wondering was why they hype about Princess Tiana being Disney's first black princess. She isn't. This live-action Cinderella was. What's up with that? Seriously, give Brandy some credit.

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I can understand yor logic but I disagree.

That version of Cinderella is an interpretation of the story, and for sure they cast a black woman as Cinderella, but in the original (and the majority of versions since) she is portrayed as a white woman. Cinderella was not (as far as I am aware) a black woman originally, whereas Princess Tiana is.

The character Tiana is a black woman, and will be cast as such no doubt in any versions that come in the future, whereas Cinderella is typically a white woman.

Though personally I find the whole big deal about race stupid anyways.

3. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah, I see. That makes more sense now. And I do agree about the race thing; it is getting a little old. I just thought that it was a little weird how the two worked together.

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I remember that movie, my sister got it for her eighth birthday and watched it over and over.

I don't think it was really a huge hit, they just cast the woman without reference to anything racial or political. Plus it was a longer time ago, and what littler kids know about the movies twenty years back?

5. February Destiny Islands Resident

oh, was thinking about watching that movie on youtube but thought that it was fake. There is alot of rumors out there that Disney is racist, and that the original Walt Disney was a Nazi supporter so why don't Disney use this movie and the Donald Duck cartoons that show Donald fighting off the Nazi soldiers to fight off the bad rumors about them ?

It's sad that Disney has forgotten about this movie, because it looks really great and it could save them alot of trouble that they receiving from the ''Disney is a racist company, and they are brainwashing children '' bullfluff.:xp: