Change In Ownership

Discussion in 'Introductions & Departures' started by Blaine, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to inform everyone that there has been a change in ownership here at KH-Vids. Your previous owner "Tienewman" and myself have agreed on a price and finalized the deal this morning. I wanted to let everyone know that I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan so you are getting an owner who is very familiar with the franchise. Also, I made this purchase not to place ads everywhere and peace out but to make this website once again the best damn Kingdom Hearts fan site on the planet. As you noticed, the ads have been removed from the forum but I will have 1 or 2 that will only be visible to guests meaning that as a logged in member, you will see no ads.

As far as the staff, I don't know anyone here personally so I can't make judgments. I will leave the staff as it is right now as long as they are active in the community. I'm big on communications so I will be having discussions with the staff on what changes need to occur to make this website a better and more active place.

Upcoming Changes
    - Ads are removed for logged in members.
    - Extra security measures have been taken to stop bots from registering. All new registrations will be humans.
    - We are in the process of switching servers in the next day or so. You may experience downtime or a few errors until the switch has been made. Once the switch has been completed I will post here to keep everyone updated.
    - I'm experiencing a few issues with the current theme so I will be adding a new main theme to the forum which will be very easy on the eyes. If you have any experience in GFX please contact me in regards to a new banner/logo.
    - Some of the forums need to be reshuffled, the staff and I will discuss on reorganizing.
    - Much more on the way.

If you have any questions for me or suggestions for the website, please post them here.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm definitely looking forward to the server switch. Nothing major, and it's actually been good lately for the most part, but there'll be times where there's random slowdown or downtime. I even remember a while back there were server errors that made it impossible for the administrators to change usernames.

As for the styles, I'm hoping you'll still leave the current ones available. Although I'm now wondering if perhaps updating XenForo to the latest version would rectify the issues you're having. (Of course you'd have to make sure that that won't break anything, like add-on functionality, first, haha!) For reference, we talked about this on Skype, and it's the same issues @Stardust was having here that @Misty provided a temporary fix to.

Here's to the future! :)

3. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

The styles here will not be removed or changed. I tried the fix that Misty mentioned but it didn't work and the theme still looks all crunched up. I even tried it on my work computer and still the same issue.

Attached Files:

4. Llave Superless Moderator

on a scale from 1 to 358/2 how much of a kingdom hearts fan are you?

your join date is a total joke dude haha but welcome :'D

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Wow, new owner. Awesome. Welcome to the community officially. Can't wait to see some of the changes in action.

6. Misty gimme kiss

It's an issue affecting some Chrome browsers that I never got around to adding a workaround for before I left. I'm sure @libregkd or someone on the XF support site could provide some help. The easiest way to do it would just be to add a conditional for Chrome browsers to revert the thread list layout to the default and then do some styling on top of it just to make it more cohesive/fix any problems that appear.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

New owner. Hiya. I am excited to hear you are going to make an effort to bring this place back up to what it used to be. Sad watching it slow down over the years. Excited to see what you are doing with the site. Welcome to the community.

8. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Hah, I see what you did there. I'm a huge fan, I grew up with KH1 and KH2. The side games annoyed me though and I've been waiting for KH3 for what feels like a lifetime.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Ads being removed for logged in members is a very welcome change. I did notice something different but I couldn't place my finger on it haha.

It's good to hear you've got high ambitions. I've been here for about 6 years and seeing it slow down has gotten kind of sad. It's like watching a huge part of my life just slowly fading away, something I definitely don't want to happen.

I'm Hector, by the way. Nice to meet you. Hope you'll be active enough that we'll see each other around often.

10. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]

Welcome! Excited to have you here, and to work with you!

I can definitely echo the sentiment that it's been rather hopeless feeling watching this place slow down over the years. Here's to a great future for the site.

11. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Everything should be good and set now regarding the server! I apologize for the delay and down time, we had to contact the old owner to give us root access to his server which took a while. I'm please to announce we are running on our new server and you should notice a nice speed change.

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Hello, new friend. Welcome to KHV. I hope you enjoy your stay, because now you can never leave.

I'll believe you won't peace out on us when I see it with my own two eyes.

13. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

#makekhvgreatagain
    #bringnovahome
    #unbanmakaze

Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

14. Krowley Moderator

Probably very late to this, but welcome Blaine!
    Nice to see a refreshing push in the right direction. I look forward to assisting in whatever projects you have planned.
    We're all professional here.

[​IMG]

15. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

1. We shall try
    2. Don't know who or what that is
    3. Done and done.

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

[​IMG]

17. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Hey new owner! I'm Heart! I've been here forever (God like 7 years? I feel old) and I'm trying to be active again.
    You mentioned you're not a fan of the side games, but I totally recommend KH 3D, at least, as it takes place after KH2 and has little summaries in game for all the side games (if you haven't played them).
    I hope you enjoy your time here as owner of KHV and thank you for everything you have (and will) do.

18. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

That's kind of you to say, I appreciate that, I'm hoping Square Enix releases 1.5 remix on the PS4 so that I can buy it and catch up. But thats a good suggestion, thank you ^_^

19. C This silence is mine

How I imagine you approached Tienewman:

Anyway, hey bro!

20. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

You must be a wizard, that's exactly how it happened. Except I didn't approach him first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.