Traditional Art Calling All Assassins!

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Razgriz Thirteen, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Now this one's big. It's my biggest piece yet. Well, it will be once it's done. XD A friend commissioned me to make him Connor's Tomahawk, and I really am quite excited with how it's turning out, so I thought I'd share it wit you guys~

09122012326.jpg
    The handle wasn't all that difficult coz it was just really a shaft with a curve. Getting all the math done for the blade though, was a big hurdle.

IMG_0037[1].JPG
    and now I have this! Almost done :) I even have all the accessories and stuff, just missing some brass nails. No idea where I'm gonna get those.
    IMG_0038[1].JPG

IMG_0039[1].JPG
    Now I know it's still a WIP, but if anyone can tell me anything at all they're noticing that I can improve with the blade, please tell me! I'm really anxious about this part coz yeah, it's pretty much the part everyone will look at. Used the ThinkGeek latex tomahawk as my primary reference since the one from the game doesn't really have enough pictures I could use.

Oh, and I'm gonna paint it of course, the blade. Would've used actual metal, but I don't gots no forge, HAHA.

I'll post updates as I make progress c:

2. Yozora Archer

Dude that's crazy how you made the head of the tomahawk. You gotta make a tutorial or show us something online cause I want in.

Looking good so far, though I wish the head of the tomahawk would be metal.

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Nice handle. That wood looks great, smooth and polished. It won't hurt your friends hand while he's playing with the tomahawk ^^

As for the blade piece, it looks excellent so far. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. And I agree with Klaro, shame it couldn't be made of metal. But it still looks fantastic ^^

4. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Maybe if I get the chance to take a video or something if ever I make another, sure! As of now though I have those pictures of it in the different stages up there, but none of me working.. I suppose I could post some scans of how I got the measurements for the blade, but it's all just really geometry!

Most of the handle will be wrapped in leatherette and those other accessories up there too though. I don't even know why it's shiny, it's just wood stain. HAHA.

If only I had a forge D: I'll just have to do my best to smoothen the blade then use an airbrush to try and get a natural looking blade colour.

5. Daenerys Targaryen ok

You called? Wow that's honestly really cool. It's going to look so amazing once you do the finishing touches and paint it and such

6. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Why yes, I did. Once I'm done you can kill all the Templars hahahaha
    Thanks :) I'm quite excited to see it done myself, though it's a ways off. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress!

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

That looks amazing! It looks almost like the one Connor uses!

8. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

:O This looks really great so far! :D Very nice work!

9. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Finally finally found the time to continue and it's entering the final stages~
    Just gotta and some shades to the blade and arrange and glue down the rest of the accessories and I'm done!
    IMG_0916.JPG

10. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Can I . . . Can I buy this?

That is absolutely amazing!! This would definitely make any Assassin's Creed fanatic's day. You are a genius ^^

11. Llave Superless Moderator

Raz you've done a marvelous job on making that look real, simply spectacular. I've always been interested in wood carving, but never had the patience or resources to try it out.

I look forward to more works if you do any. Great job!

12. Sara Tea Drinker

Beautiful work on it... I was actually thinking of going to get my Assassin's Creed III game with an Ezio costume, but it fell through. That and the mall decided to change their plans on when to do Halloween. That's great detail and is incredible.

13. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks guys, it means a lot! ;___;

If only I could somehow get it to you yeah absolutely! I mean I make these things for sale anyway. I'd keep a woodwork or two for myself but I need the money :'(

Thanks Llave!!!!!!!! I can make tutorials or junk if you guys are ever interested~
    It's not entirely difficult, it's just having all the necessary materials, and a load of patience.

The series is absolutely worth it I'm telling you. Although you may wanna start with AC or AC2. Connor was ayt but he never really achieved Ezio's level of like er, swag. HAHA.