Bush in Israel

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jafar, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafar custom title

Bush is now in Israel trying to force an impossible peace between Israel and Palestine. This morning, all the city lights in Jerusalem were turned off so he could see the sunset in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. What's wrong with this picture? It wasn't done in his honour or anything. He asked the Israeli government to do this, and they complied. Seriously, WTF....

2. Spike H E R O

Well, he has good motives, at least, but how will turning out all the lights solve anything? The way I see it, he's acting like he's on vacation.

3. jafar custom title

By having all the city lights turned out? Right.... Anyways, his motives aren't even good. He's trying to escape America and cause even more chaos elsewhere. And Israel can never have peace with Palestin, Iran, etc. Islam works so that other religions are underneath it. Especially in the religions territory, which is where Israel is. If one has any power in it's territory, everything goes berserk.

4. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Unfortunately, the current administration rules through fear and intimidation; that's how Bush is getting Israel to comply with this.However, would you be able to provide a link to your source? This is certainly possible, but didi it just happen overnight or something?

5. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Wow...the whole lights scene is pretty strange.

Anyways, I think we should b more concerned about his main purpose of the trip, this whole "unity" thing...which I think most people have doubts will work out...

I think Bush screwed up again...

6. Repliku Chaser

Hmm, I didn't really find anything about Bush saying to shut off the lights in Jerusalem. Bush and the current Prime Minister of Israel seem to get along well and there was sort of a day of Pomp and Circumstance where kids sang songs and all. If that night it was done to shut off the city lights, it was a friendship thing it would seem and not just a 'demand' issue. PM Olmert and Bush are friends and Bush is there to try to help make a Palestinian state as well as secure the Israel one so they can live side by side. In the end, it will probably fail but these sorts of talks are important and perhaps it can lead to in the future something positive transpiring. Bush has always been pretty pro-Israel, though the former PM Sharon was really not a good guy to work with towards any methods of peace. Sharon had too much blood on his hands and was not one to care at all for the Palestinians. Maybe though things can improve sometime. I don't think I see it happening in Bush's era of presidency but any headway at all is something. I just hope it doesn't set things further back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.