Best Persona Game? (Persona 3 through Persona 5)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LadyAzura, Oct 6, 2017.

1. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Hello!! It's me again!!! (Sorry 0-0)So!!! I have a question for all my Wild Card Holders out there!! Persona games have come and gone through the years. Stories have been told, best girls/boys were claimed, villains were defeated, yada yada yada. What I wanna know, which Persona did you find the most interesting? What, in your opinion, is the best Persona game? From Persona 3 to Persona 5, which story glued you to your couch the most? Which soundtrack was the most appealing for your ears? Which visuals kept your eyes on the screen? I wanna know!!

Now back to your local Dark Hour, Midnight Channel, Mementos!!

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. 61 No. B

havent finished p5 but i always liked p3 more than p4. a combination of the music, tone, conceit, characters, art, everything about it just worked so well for me in a way p4 never did. i still think its a good game but it just aint p3.
    p5 so far is a step up from p4. thats all i can say on it

3. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

It's the same for me with P3! The music is SO catchy! I think one of my favorite tracks is Master of Tarturus, which is the boss theme when you fight a boss in Tarturus. I could've listened to that track for hours and I actually have for about an hour and half xD. In terms of characters, I just couldn't pick between Junpei, Yukari, Aigis, Akihiko, Shinjiro, and even Koromaru!!!! I loved all them!!! The areas were just amazing, the colors of it just set the tone no matter where you were. I don't give as much love to P4 (besides some memes) as I do to P3 but they're both good games!

4. 61 No. B

sweet. my favorite was mitsuru.
    also the p3 main personas are cooler than p4. but p5 has both those beat no sweat
    but now that i think about it i was playing p4 almost entirely for the junes girl so if not for her i probably wouldnt have finished

5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I really liked Orpheus' design but Arsene beats both of them in a heartbeat lol. Wait junes girl?

6. 61 No. B

nanako. i forgot the name. the sister

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The best game? To me that requires the complete package. While you won't hear me say anything but good things about how heart wrenching Persona 3 can be, and how easy it easy to go with the flow in Persona 4, Persona 5 to me is the complete package. The team and social links feel more believable in terms of bonds made and communication/interaction.

There is also something fantastic to be said about just how easy Persona 5 has made it for you to just get lost in the world (not literally, like enthralled). From the story lines, maps, overworld, animations, music, writing. It's all there and more. I am hard pressed to believe I'll find a game I'll enjoy more than Persona 5 for a very very long time.

That said all three games listed have their strengths. For example Chie is still one of my favorite characters of all time. Her growth and personality are just infectious for me, I love it. Then there's Persona 3 and man somebody musta been chopping some maaaaad onions when I played that game. Hoo Boy.

Random special shout outs that aren't exactly organized but I still think are valid to bring up.

• Sojiro is hands down one of the best caretaker type characters in any game, let alone the persona series.
    • The new battle menus are the bee's knees
    • A modern mix of Jazz and random Japanese stuff will always be a sweet mix to me. I want more.
    • Mona made me realize how annoying Teddie was to me.
    • They keep making the characters and their struggles more and more human, and I am in freaking love with that

All in all this was the greatest gaming experience I've ever had and honestly ever expect to have, and that is perfectly fine. Thank you Atlus.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Persona 5, hands down, has to be the definition(at least to me) of Persona. The music is just beautiful with it how calm it can be when you're just walking around town or chilling at home to when you're in battle. I always feel like dancing when I hear these tracks because my god are they EXTREMELY catchy. The art style is breathtaking and I really like how Atlus approached this. Sojiro is #bestcaretaker btw. As for characters, the protagonist is 10 outta 10!! Yusuke is best boi to me xD don't kill me o-o. Best girl....Lux please have mercy....I got no opinion. Annnyyway, Persona 4 fav character would have to be between Naoto and Yosuke the Brosuke because yes. Persona 3....WHERE ARE MAH TISSUES???? So yeea.

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

>fav characters

No Futaba?
    No Chie?

[​IMG]

Speaking of Persona music I am unashmed to be as hyped as I am for the Persona 3&5 music games. Dancing All Night was pretty damn fun as far as the arcade mode is concerned. That said I'm biased because rhythm games are some of my favorite types of games.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

LUX NUUUUU!!!!! HAVE MERCYYYY!!!
    Anyway, the P3&5 rhythm games look really good. This coming from a person who plays rhythm games nonstop ask the RPA.Now I haven’t been able to play Dancing All Night (cause this girl don’t own a Vita QnQ) but it looks really fun and the outfits look so good!! Naoto’s outfit especially is one of my favorites!!!!

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

You seem to forget that I would hurt you too.

For me, seeing all of the new additions was cool, especially the texting. It made figuring out how to hang out with a lot easier to figure out as oppose to running around and trying to find them, especially when you don't know where they hang out at. Man do I regret ignoring Futaba's Social Link because of that. The upcoming Rhytm games look interesting, especially since I didn't expect Atlus to actually go through and make them. Wonder if that means we'll be seeing a potential P5 Fighting Game in the future.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

IGNORING FUTABA'S SOCIAL LINK?

Not only is it like, my fav and is super rewarding to see her grow. The bonuses you get for the battle stuff is a life saver. Big time.

13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I know ;n; Have mercy on my turtle soul.
    Knowing Atlus, they’re most likely to milk out whatever money they can make with Persona 5. So a fighting game wouldn’t surprise me, now if they include characters from P3&4, i’ll be a little surprised but not completely surprised.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

Exactly why I regret it. I didn't know about the abilities it was basically to late to get them, but still that is something that bugged the hell out of me. I will make sure to rectify in my New Game+, I refuse to make that mistake twice.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/atlus-registers-persona-domains-p3d-p5ag-p5d-p5r-p5u-persona-dance-pq2

That could very well be the future of Persona with its upcoming games

15. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Enjoy it when you get to it, I hope you haven't spoiled yourself about that part. I mean even if you did, try not to think about it because that social link is fantastic. Be sure to either post your thoughts when you get there or tell me about it.

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Welp. This has been Futaba Corner with Lux. If I wasn’t so indecisive about fav character, it might be Futaba but again, got no opinion •-• Another question! Out of all the social links in each game, which was your fav from each game?

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Persona 5: Futaba

I really resonated with her. Above all that it was just incredible to watch her grow and become a vital resource to the team as a friend and as a phantom thief. Its like when
    Ryuji redeemed his bad leg and saved the team
    . Its the inner growth and the application of that growth in the missions that really make persona special to me. That and her dungeon was just INSANE. Sucked me in from the start (lol @ the desert bus cutscene tho) and despite it being stupidly early in the morning when I played it, I had to continue until I finished it. Best character. Don't call the cops, that aint my thing.

Persona 4: Chie

Chie's personality is electric to me. Is it over the top? Yes. Is it cheesy sometimes? Yes. With that said, none of that really matters when you have one of the early characters that you meet become such a wonderful friend to the protag. This opens up even more if you choose to date Chie as you get a bit of her sensitive side which is really nice to see. Also helps that I love the color green, enjoy meat, and talk way too much. Best character. Best girl.

Persona 3: Mitsuru is fucking hype but god damn it. Yukari.

Maybe I have a thing for girls you meet early in these games, but wow is Yukari just fantastic. There's a complexity there along with a series of personality types that just resonate with me. I like how sharp she can be, I truthfully enjoy the sass, and when she shows her caring side its just like wow this character is fantastic. Should mention her design and style is also like, killer. Love love love it. Best character. Best girl.

18. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

I haven't played P5 but of 3 and 4 I prefer 4. Entirely subjectively too if I'm being honest. The later games improved the combat but I still have fun, I even enjoy plaything The Answer, and I just prefer the story more of the two. P4 had a more natural feeling friend atmosphere I think but I preferred the P3 cast, especially Aegis. I also liked the scale of the thread better and the entire nature and aesthetic of the dark hour.

19. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

P4 had more of a lighter tone as opposed to P3 which was a bit darker. I unfortunately did not finished playing through the Answer so I can't really give my opinion on it but I did enjoy the main story of P3! Both casts were great and both stories were great!! I absolutely loved Shinjiro, Aigis, and Junpei! They're my favorites of the P3 cast!!! Faves of P4 would have to go to Naoto and YOSUKE THE BROSUKE!! But yea, P4 definitely have a more friendly, lighter tone than P3 did with its darker, deathly tone.
    As far as social links go.......I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!!! QnQ I really can't decide which is my fave from each game and it kills me that I'm so indecisive about this. It's just there's so many to choose from each game and each link had its good points and its 10 outta 10 moments.

Uhhhh.....is it too late to call off the cops?? xD However, I do think Futaba is pretty great!!

20. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

I've only played 5, so 5? I like it so far, I just wish they had 4 on the PS4. That would be nice.