Cycle 2: Best Overall Writer

Discussion in '2012' started by Clawtooth, Aug 4, 2012.

?

Who is the best Overall Writer in 2011/2012

Poll closed Aug 11, 2012.
  1. Plums

33.3%
  2. Saxima

33.3%
  3. Sforzato

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Best Overall Writer

Welcome to Cycle 2 of this year’s KHV Awards!! Jayn and I shall be your guide for this week’s cycle in our awards celebrating the more creative among us, from role-playing to writing and poetry, to video editing and more!

Please vote honestly and remember, if you sould have any queries about voting procedure, please read our voting rules here, and if your question isn’t answered there, don’t hesitate to contact Misty.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour!!

Nomination Samples:

Plums

From They Live on the Beach:

Saxima

From The Hunger Games roleplay prologue:

Sforzato

From To Know Terror:

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Going with Saxima, without her writing my Hunger Games RP never would have taken off as well as it did due to her amazing Opening Post.

3. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

If we're going by samples, To Know Terror is the strongest, in my opinion. It has great atmosphere and stays very nice and self contained despite being a derivative work.

I don't see the appeal of the Hunger Games RP prologue because I have never read or seen Hunger Games. It hinges too heavily on knowing what's going on already and basically overlooks the exposition aspect that is needed for those who don't already get it. Also, rasp is a verb in this case, not a noun. Rasp the noun is a tool so that's word misuse at the get go.

I like They Live on the Beach, but it's not amazing. It doesn't really inspire emotion or anything. It's just a nice little, "I see what you did there, nice work," that I feel here. Technically good, but still showing a bit of incompleteness, is that I'd say.

If I'm judging writers, I'd need more to go on so I'm gonna look around a bit, but if past experience is any indicator, Plums is the current frontrunner in my head.

4. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Message from beyond the grave.

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Aim for crazy instability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.