Television Bee and Puppycat

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Dec 5, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

For the uninitiated, Bee and Puppycat is a Youtube series from the creators of Adventure Time and Bravest Warriors. It follows Bee, a woman who has recently found herself jobless (yet again) and stumbles across a creature that looks more or less like a cat, but smells like a dog. She takes the aptly-named Puppycat into her home and is surprised when Puppycat turns out to be from another world. Together, they earn cash by doing odd jobs around space as given by the friendly Temp-Bot, while Bee explores her feelings for her friend Deckard, and Puppycat reflects on his mysterious past.

There are three six-minute episodes, plus a pilot up on Youtube, with more to come.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Apparently episode 4 went up, like, two weeks after I made this thread and I had no idea until today.

Also, a quick comment trawl informed me that there are to be a total of ten six-minute episodes. This episode is meant to be the mid-season finale of the show.

3. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I wasn't COMPLETELY happy with the design changes from the pilot, but it has grown on me somewhat.

It's such a comfy show, especially the color pallets they decide to use. I just kinda wanna watch more character-interactions, and less about the fishbowl space stuff. It seems like a really cute and fun environment too, so more laid-back episodes would have a lot to work with.

But I digress. I feel as though this show only has its aesthetics going for it at times. I can't really think of why I like it other than that it's cute and is anime-inspired. Hopefully B&PC turns out to be more than just a nod to Miyazaki films and anime.

4. Ghost King's Apprentice

I recently discovered this and thought it was just weird at first, but the more I watch it the more it grows on me. It's one of those shows that you watch to cheer you up when you sad or just need something simple to watch. Also, the song/story Puppycat sing to Wallace in part 2 has been stuck in my head for days and I can't get it out.

Any who, it really is a good show that I feel is going to have more to it later on like Adventure Time.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

SO THE REST OF THE EPISODES ARE FINALLY OUT

However, the show made the move from YouTube to the app VRV, which you have to make an account to access. Fortunately, you can make a free account without going for any of the available subscription options, but you'll have to watch with ads. Episodes 5 and 6 were smooshed into one episode, and 7 through 10 were smooshed into another single episode.