Australia Offers "Best Job In The World" o.O

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bolt, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Bolt Moogle Assistant

Most of you have probably heard about this , but you can read more about it here : http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jaxcIb71fkpboX3q4GHTJl3prH_A

Seems like they are using this as part of a advertising campaign to promote Australia's tourist industry during this recession xD

The winner will get to live there and work there (more info in the article about what the winner will be doing ) for 6 months with no days off and a pay of 150,000 AUD ( about US$103,000 )
    No academic qualifications are required O_O

And the site for signing up for this job loads VERY VERY slowly and may timeout a lot (due to overwhelming response xD )
    If you want to check it out : http://www.islandreefjob.com/en/

Too bad it's only for people who are 18 years old and above =(

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

haha, wish...but I would only do that if there was internet and I could take my bf with. Bet they are gettin a ton of responses O.o
    wouldn't wanna be in charge of that site.

3. Bolt Moogle Assistant

There would be internet cause you'll be updating a weekly blog for them with pics and videos that you took when you're on the island xD

4. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Now I really, really wish I'd be graduating a year earlier than I am... I would totally apply if I wouldn't have to finish school first <.< (although it's so unlikely for me to get the job xD)​

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Cool, but I would still need my bf, and I'm not 18......

6. Bolt Moogle Assistant

Yeah the age restriction is really a pain x_X

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I read 'bout this yesterday. I would LOVE to have a job like that. Well, who wouldn't? Lucky pup whoever gets in.

8. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

Wow. Whoever wins that is lucky. You'll probably all think I'm weird for this, but it's not a job I'd really want. I mean, yeah, I'd enjoy being on the beach and making money from it, but when it comes down to it, I'm just not an outdoorsy person. I'd get bored and want to leave. I dislike blogs, because I see them as online diaries, and I'd be scared to death for interviews. So yeah, it's awesome, but not the job for me. ​

9. Smackdoodle McGiggles Hollow Bastion Committee

cool but dont you think they would monitor you and broadcast you on TV or internet? they wouldnt leave you alone incase of like dying on the island or some emergency

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I think you're only the caretaker of the island. N' of course they'll check up on you. Besides, you'll need to leave sso you can replenish your supplies.

11. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

I'd be the same =[
    Still, since they'll have so much money to take away from it, and some amount of fame, whoever wins will be sooo lucky

12. Destined Working for WDW

A voluntary stay on a tropical island for 6 months. Free room and board. And they pay you.

Gilligan, eat your heart out.

*goes to sign up*

13. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

Man, now that I think about it, how the hell are they going to pick someone? There must be thousands of people who applied for that job. You do send in a resume, after all, so I wonder what they judge the job on? ​

14. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

Since it's judged on personality, sociability and obviously somewhat on appearance, I get what you mean. Those can't be easy things to judge without meeting or talking to the person.

15. Destined Working for WDW

You have to submit a video though....

16. Bolt Moogle Assistant

Yeah but at least it's a short 1 minute video xD

17. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

I would've gotten a raise with that job. I can't believe they did that >.> I mean, really, I need that.
    Well, greatest job ever indeed, I guess, I kind of like interacting with other people and would probably go insane on the island if I was stuck with the same people. It seems like a lovely job though.