Birth by Sleep Attacks

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Shika93, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm playing to Birth By Sleep with emulator for psp (JPCSP). I chose to play with Terra.

Is it normal that everytime I try to attack enemies, Terra hit no one? He fails every attacks!
    Yesterday I tried to complete Ade's mission at olympus coliseum but I'm not able to complete it because Terra doesn't want to hit .

Is it a problem of emulator? Or is it the same on PSP?

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm guessing the emulator, or the copy you have, because as far as I know that shouldn't be happening. Does he really hit no one? Like no matter how long you've been fighting?

3. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Sometimes he hit, but is very hard. Not like on KH1 or 2 anyway.
    For example: I have an unversed in front of Terra, right in front of me, I try to attack and he fails. Sometimes he can hit but once in a hundred attaks.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Yeah, it just sounds like the emulator is struggling with hit-box detection. Terra is slow so it isn't that uncommon for enemies to end up dodging him, but that should be like 20% of the time if your luck is terrible, not 99% of the time.

You could try Ven as he controls most closely to Sora, but I don't think it is an issue of practice.

5. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

I must restart the game choosing Ven?
    I'll try to find an other plugin for emulator or change settings.

6. Antidote Façade

I don't think you need to restart - you can save and begin another character's story whenever you like. I would suggest trying with Ven or Aqua to see if you're still having the same problems with hit-boxes.

7. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

But to begin another character's story I must press New Game, right? Or can I switch character while I'm playing with Terra?

8. Antidote Façade

Yeah you would still have to start another New Game to choose a different character under another save slot.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Each character has a unique plot so the game expects you to play and beat it 3 times, with each save file intact so it can link back together into the final ending after clearing all 3 characters. So we aren't asking you to backtrack so much as asking you to do something sooner than you normally would.

10. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ah I didn't know that. I'll do then.

Edit: ok I've choose Ven. It's definitely an emulation problem because it lag a lot and he miss white spheres like Terra with the unversed. I can't remember if Terra missed that white spheres too, but he probably did. I've start KH Birth By Sleep a few months ago

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That is a shame.

I don't know what kinds of settings that emulator has, but sometimes you can mess around (even by trial and error) and find something that works better. I found people that beat the game emulated when I was trying to find a compatibility list, so it isn't a global bug. I'm just not sure if it is fixable for your machine.

12. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah I think it's the only thing to do.
    First let's see if there are updates of emulator, then I'll try to fix with setting

Thanks everyone!

Edit: just another thing. Could be a problem with targeting? With PSP which button is to aim enemies? Because I can't find it with emulator and maybe I didn't setted that key with joypad

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  13. Explode Who?!

It's been a while, but I think you tap L and R at the same time to lock on. If not, just R.

14. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Try running the game on PPSSPP. I have no problems playing the game using that emulator. Well, maybe a bit of lag but not that often.

16. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Very good! It works perfectly and I don't have to set anything. Plus with target of enemies Terra hits better

Thank you very much!

17. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

So targeting enemies worked?

18. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, at least Terra doesn't miss enemies and approaches quickly.
    I don't know if was an emulation problem. Maybe it wasn't, but yours works better than JPCSP