Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust OOC (Open/Accepting)

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    ♥ Creator/Owner: Aelin Fireheart
    ♥Literacy: Semi-Literate (2+ Paragraphs)
    ♥ Status: Accepting
    ♥Links: Main Thread, Skype

Title/Intro/Plot/Rules/Reserves/Profiles/News and Updates/Graveyard

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust -Ecclesiastes 3:20
    Religious or not it seems all that share this wing of the hospital are familiar with this verse of the bible. It reminds them all of the fate that they all share. From dust they came, and it is to dust that they will return when the illness that they have been battling has finally won the war. While ages, races and beliefs may vary there is one thing that these people share. They are all dying and there is nothing the doctors can do to help them. They are trapped in a little white cell that is called a hospital room and they are waiting to die. This is the reality of those who live in the eastern wing of Glenmore Regional Hospital.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "How about one last adventure before we die?"
    Welcome to Glenmore Regional Hospital, your health is our first priory... or it usually is, right up until they can do nothing more for you. Too sick to go enjoy the world beyond the hospital. There is no real hope of living a happy rest of your life. You are stuck in a small white room with doctors and nurses constantly checking on you. The only problem with that is, no matter what they see, no matter what they find, they can't do anything about it. Sure they could give you some pills or hook you up to an IV, anything to ease the pain and make you comfortable. Anything to shut you up and make you sleep.

This might be the ideas of the staff but not everyone feels the same way. If one only has a few months to live, why waste it in a hospital room? Being a smaller town the security around the hospital isn't as good as it should be. Some of the patients have gotten good at sneaking out at night, much to the nurses dismay. Some sneak to other patients rooms and some outside the hospital all together. Some go alone, and some bring friends. Even friends from the outside help out and give you the time of your life.

Though some patients need more encouragement than others to get them out and up. Learning you are going to die, is hard on anyone. Some don't take it well and fall into depression. Some have known for a long time and accept it, they have moved on to having fun. Some have family always by their side, making finding new friends hard, and some don't have any family visiting anymore. But no matter what the circumstances, no doctor or psychologist can help you. The only people who can help you are those going though the same thing as you, because they will be the only ones to truly understand what you are going though. That is why you have to stick together, and perhaps even go on an adventure or two along the way.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Follow the rules of KHV
    Relationships are okay if you want to have them with the other characters but don't take things too far. If clothes come off, it is behind a door off screen
    While you are encouraged to take other players out on an adventure with you, do not move the character without the other persons permission
    Everyone will have their own private bedroom for the most part. If you really want your character to share with someone, decide who and let me know, I may allow it
    Characters will die, be prepared for that.
    You are allowed to make patients, nurses, doctors, friends or family if you would like, but the roleplay is based around the patients, so if you have another character while they could very well be very useful to have around, be prepared for them to have to take a back seat, or not have as much focused around them.
    This is a semi-lit rp, meaning two plus paragraphs. While I did make this roleplay with new roleplayers (Or ones that haven't rp'd in a while) in mind I still want at least that much writing. I believe you are all smart people and can do it. If everyone does it, it makes it easier to reply to.
    Try not to just stick to your friends. I know it is tempting to have your characters talk to the peoples characters that you talk to most, but it can make others feel excluded.
    The roleplay takes place in a city I made up. So feel free to add details that you want, play off others details, and such. It makes it easier than everyone being expected to know what one city in real life looks like.
    I will have you post reserves in the thread to claim your character, then PM me a profile. That way I will group the profiles together to give easy access to everyone, as well as give you a chance to get help with a profile, or me a chance to correct things if needed.
    I really don't have any set plot for this rp, so have fun with it. Cause problems, create drama, run away and give the nurse a good chase. Just have fun with it and do what you want. As long as you follow the rules you can't really mess anything up.
    Age is not limited. Please be over the age of fourteen, but after that, they can be as old as you like
    Once the roleplay starts, I would ask that any new doctors, nurses, or patients be transfers or newly admitted to the the hospital. It just makes a little more sense than a character being there all along and no one recognizing the ever existed up until then.
    I ask you to try to post at least once to twice a week. If you know that won't be possible for a point in time remove your character from the situation for the time being so you don't hold everyone else up.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    I will list everyone's character reserves here when they come in, as they come in. They will remain here and a similar one in the main thread as long as the characters are active. If they pass away then I will move them to the graveyard, but your character sheet and reserve will be saved.
    Patients
    [​IMG]
    Name: Nicholas (Prefers Nick) Manzi Jr.
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    [​IMG]
    Name:Lisa Church
    Sexuality:Heterosexual

[​IMG]

Name: Ella Blair
    Sexuality: Bisexual

[​IMG]
    Name: Lukas Fraiser

[​IMG]
    Name: Alec Schwart

[​IMG]
    Name: Elizabeth Jolene-Joanna Williams (don't call her JoJo, she hates that. She prefers Lisa or Elizabeth but doesn't frown upon being called Jolene or Joanna)

Sexuality: If she had to guess, she's bisexual, but she really doesn't care and she'd prefer to make friends.

[​IMG]
    Name: Ivy Jones

[​IMG]
    Name: John Glurr

Doctors/Nurses
    [​IMG]
    Name: Janet Rein

[​IMG]
    ♥ Name: Benji (Short for Benjamin) Baxter.
    ♥ Age: 26
    ♥ Gender: Male
    ♥ Sexuality: Bisexual
    Family/Friends

[​IMG]
    ♥ Name: Meredith Jones
    ♥ Age: 56
    ♥ Gender: Female
    ♥ Sexuality: Heterosexual.

How to reserve:
    All I need is what group you fall under, a 150x150 image of your character (I can help if need be), name, age, gender, and sexuality. I will do any formatting past that to add to the thread, so do not worry about it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Patients

• ♥Name: Nicholas (Prefers Nick) Manzi Jr.
      ♥Age: 15
      ♥Gender: Male
      ♥Sexuality: Heterosexual
      ♥Appearance:
      ♥Personality:
      Nick is a good natured kid who always tries to lighten the mood, though he knows when to be serious. He tries to not bring up people's diseases, and will often joke about his when it is brought up. Particularly his blindness. However, this sometimes put him in a state of denial, and when reality hits him he can seriously shut out and get out of his typically cheery mood
      ♥ What do you have: Batten Disease, late-infantile NCL
      ♥ Backstory: Nick was raised by his grandparents since his mother passed when he was young and his father was deployed in the army. His father unfortunately died during combat so Nick was left under the care of his much older grandparents. By the age of four, he started having noticeable behavior changes and one day had his first seizure. This panicked his grandparents, and when he began having more frequently they went and got him diagnosed. They were expecting epilepsy, but instead it was much worse. Nick wasn't told he had a life-threatening disease for several years, his grandparents kept helping to raise awareness of his disease but Nick was told he just had a disease that would make him go blind eventually.

At age 14, his vision now worse and his physical activity beginning to impair him, his grandparents began getting to an age where they couldn't take care of him anymore since they could barely take care of themselves. Nick ended up being moved to Glenmore Regional, and that was when he finally began to learn, although no one dared to say it, that Nick was going die. At age 15, he is a bit slower in movement, and he is almost completely blind. At this point he sticks to his wheelchair a lot, but he can stand with a bit of assistance.
      ♥ Played by: cstar/tribbles

• ♥Name:Lisa Church
      ♥Age:16
      ♥Gender:Female
      ♥Sexuality:Heterosexual
      ♥Appearance:
      ♥Personality:Lisa is a calm but happy person,despite knowing her condition could cause her to drop dead any second. She is willing to make friends with anyone she comes across no who they are and spread her sunny disposition.
      ♥ What do you have: Dilated Cardiomyopathy
      ♥ Backstory: Her parents knew she had problems with her heart since she was little but it wasn't serious until they kept getting calls from the school of their daughter fainting. After taking her in to see what was wrong they found out that Lisa had Dilated Cardiomyopathy and that it was terminal. They tried to take care of her at home but problems with her heart kept happening more frequently which led them to finally decide to take Lisa to Glenmore Regional where she could recieve care whenever she needed and have a easier life before she passes.
      ♥ Played by: Ghost

• ♥Name: Ella Blair
      ♥Age: 24
      ♥Gender: Female
      ♥Sexuality: Bisexual
      ♥Appearance:
      ♥Personality: Closed off, moody. Tries to not connect with anyone because she's afraid they will miss her when she dies, or that they don't want to be near her in the first place.
      ♥ What do you have: AIDS/HIV
      ♥ Backstory: Ella used to be more of the troublemaker kind of girl when she was younger. She intentionally did things to piss off her overly religious parents. Whether it involved getting a new tattoo or sleeping around with women (which she liked, she didn't do it for show), she would do it. When she was 16 years old she decided to shoot up some heroin and she wasn't aware that through this she actually contracted HIV. She didn't even know about it until she collapsed one day when she thought she was having the flu. She felt she had to tell her friends about this and it only freaked them out until the point she didn't have friends anymore, and she couldn't find anyone willing to stay with her as a partner. As her symptoms became worse, she soon became very suicidal and would intentionally attempt stupid things in the hopes it would end up killing her. But during one suicide attempt when her symptoms had reached critical stages since she hadn't taken any of her treatment medications, she ended up being admitted to the hospital, not just because of her fatal illness but because she was also under suicide watch.
      ♥ Played by: cstar/tribbles

• ♥Name: Lukas Fraiser
      ♥Age: Eighteen
      ♥Appearance: Bloop
      ♥Personality: Lukas is a trouble maker. He knows he is going to die and he hates it, so he makes the same amount of trouble for everyone else. He also hates staying in the hospital. He finds it smells bad and is too depressing. So he got a habit of sneaking out.
      ♥ What do you have: Brain tumor
      ♥ Backstory: Lukas is born to a rich family. His mother died when he was young. It didn’t take too long before his father remarried a woman who only loved him for the money. It didn’t take long before Lukas realized this. Of course his father didn’t care that much, after all she was pretty and fun and young, what more could he want? When it was revealed that Lukas has a brain tumour, his father did everything he could to try and help his son get better. He paid whatever amount that it would take to get his son the help he needed, but it was all for not. In the end there was nothing that he could do and it was clear that he was going to die. At first his dad splurged for the best care that he could get for his son, but his new wife didn’t like the amount of money that they were spending on a boy who was going to die. So instead she convinced his dad to move him to a small quiet hospital in a small town that was a lot cheaper but the care wasn’t as good, saying that Lukas would be more happy there. Since the move his father has not come to visit.
      ♥ Played by: Aelin Fireheart

• ♥Name: Alec Schwart
      ♥Age: 19
      ♥Appearance: Enjoy
      ♥Personality: Alec’s never been one to let something keep him down, even something as severe as a terminal illness. He’s accepted the fact that he will die and thus does everything in his power to live like he normally would, despite being confined to a hospital.
      ♥ What do you have: HIV/AIDS
      ♥ Backstory: Alec wasn’t aware that he had HIV/AIDs and actually lived a fairly normal life at first. Though when the symptoms started to show which eventually lead to his hospitalization, it was learned that not only that he did have HIV/AIDS, but his mother had it as well. The reason why he’d never known about this til now was that as it stood, they didn't have the money to afford the treatment he would need.The truth of all this did come as a shock to Alec, but he bore no ill will towards his mother, but instead accepted it once he had come to terms with everything.
      ♥ Played by: CrownMoksha

• ♥ Name: Ivy Jones
      ♥ Age: 23
      ♥ Sexuality: Heterosexual
      ♥ Appearance:
      ♥ Personality: Caring and overly enthusiastic about learning new things. Ivy has taught herself 3 languages and loves to make people smile. Purely innocent, she was sheltered due to her parents being protective, and then her hospital life exploding into JUST rules. She has never opposed authority, but get anxious when approached by something she has no idea how to handle.
      ♥ What do you have: Lupus disease.
      ♥ Backstory: Growing up as an only child, Ivy learned to make friends at a early age. Soon into high school she was deemed most popular! Winning the title of Jr. Prom Queen, student council president AND MPV for her schools soccer team! But Ivy's popularity would soon end. At the humble age of 17 she was diagnosed with early signs of lupus. On doctors orders, she had over 10 years before the disease would surface further, and symptoms would show. However, this was not the case. At the age of 23 Ivy was admitted for early stages of her disease, and where she will ultimately die. For now, she writes everything down, in hopes it will inspire someone.
      ♥ Played by: Shuhbooty

• ♥Name: John Glurr
      ♥Age: 18
      ♥Appearance: Good.
      ♥Personality: "I've always been headstrong, going in to deal with my problems and getting results, my friends would often try to talk me out of things but I'd rarely listen, often swaying them over with my words to join me in sneaking into a building, going out on the pull or deciding where to go for the evenings; I think I'm gonna miss my little crew most of all."
      ♥ What do you have: "After having fun all my life, leading my friends to fun places and what not, I collapsed one day, doctors told me a tumer had formed in my brain and that If it was removed I'd likely be a vegetable, so I decided I'd live my last few months the way I've lived my life, with a smile on my face and on the faces of those around me."
      ♥ Backstory: Whoops.
      ♥ Played by: Joseph O.

Doctors/Nurses

• ♥Name: Janet Rien
      ♥Age: Twenty-Eight
      ♥Gender: Female
      ♥Appearance: Bloop
      ♥Personality: Janet can be harsh a lot of the time. She is not a bad person, but she wants to make sure people are alright. She is harsh because in her own weird way she cares what happens to them. It kills her to have to work with all the patients that are dying. She invests herself emotionally with each person and then when they die… well that is why she is so mean, she doesn’t want to see anyone push themselves too hard and die too early. Really she has a big soft spot for everyone whether she shows it or not.
      ♥ What do you do: Janet is the afternoon and night nurse for the hospital. She tends to track down patients on a regular basis
      ♥ Backstory: Janet was a smart girl in school but she didn’t know what to do with herself. She was one of the strongest ones in her class, beating all the boys. The however didn’t add up to a promising future at all. She was sort of stuck with what she wanted to do with her life. Her parents ended up deciding for her and enrolled her in nursing school. Her parents knew that she had a good heart and wouldn’t show it. So it was kind of the life she was thrown into against her will. And since she was so reluctant with her job and could be a little forceful at times, she was put in charge of the ward that no one wanted to deal with, that also held a few of the trouble makers. As Janet got older she had chances to change hospitals or careers altogether, but something about Glenmore Regional kept her there, wanting to take care of the patients even if it originally wasn’t her first choice in jobs.
      ♥ Played by: Aelin Fireheart

• ♥ Name: Benji (Short for Benjamin) Baxter.
      ♥ Age: 26
      ♥ Gender: Male
      ♥ Sexuality: Bisexual
      ♥ Appearance: Here!
      ♥ Personality:
      Kind heart'd, loyal and understanding. Isn't shy or afraid to say what's on his mind, Benji loves to entertain the patients, and remind them they are still humans that need compassion and attention. He's only ever put his foot down once, but it was enough to let the patients know- not to make him upset. For Benji is just over-all nice, but hates to be stepped on.
      ♥ What do you do: Late night/ morning shift nurse. Tracking monitors and making sure everyone gets a midnight snack from the vending machines.
      Background: When Benji was 14 he was diagnosed with clinical depression. As he got older, he developed social anxiety and was confused with his sexuality until he was 19. All through high school he sought out the internet and video games for comfort. Coming close to the barrel of the gun, he decided to change his life, and do something with it at 22. After finishing college with high standing- Benji soon dropped the social anxiety and learned that being depressed didn't get people far. And now helps others through what he hoped, would be what he went through (attempted suicide patients) but the only positions open was here at the terminal ward/hospital of Glenmore Regional Hospital and he could not be happier.

Family/Friends

• ♥ Name: Meredith Jones
      ♥ Age: 56
      ♥ Sexuality: Heterosexual.
      ♥ Appearance: Here.
      ♥ Personality:
      A mystery.
      ♥ Background: Meredith is a very mysterious person. She doesn't express her opinion, and never chimes in on conversations. She just watches her surroundings, but expressed her love for Ivy up until Ivy hit 21, and then her mother stopped talking to her. Ivy doesn't have any idea what she is doing or if she is still alive.

How to create a profile:
    So simply fill out the form below to me and pm it to me. Sometimes I would make it more fancy but I won't require it of you. If you want to add colour or anything to the profile go right ahead and I will keep whatever you added when I post it in the thread, but if you don't want to, you don't have to.

♥Name:
    ♥Age:
    ♥Gender:
    ♥Sexuality:
    ♥Appearance: (A description or a link to a picture)
    ♥Personality: (It can be a brief description, we will find out through the rp)
    ♥ What do you have: (Why are you dying, what disease keeps you at the hospital?)
    ♥ Backstory:
    ♥ Played by:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Every time I make a change I will post it here as well as in a new post in the ooc thread. This will include rule changes, if I won't be able to be reached, if I add a new system of doing things, ect.

7/25: Construction is underway and almost done I will be opening soon
    7/25: We are accepting reserves. Will update when we are open
    7/25: Link to Skype added in the Title post
    7/30: The main thread is now created and open for posting

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the Roleplay progresses people will die. They are all terminally ill, so it is bound to happen. When they do pass on, I will move their reserve and profile to here, where they will forever live on in our memories.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Patient
    Name: Nicholas (Prefers Nick) Manzi Jr.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted. Go ahead and make your profile if you like

11. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]
    Patient
    Name:
    Lisa Church
    Sexuality:Heterosexual

12. Aelin Best Waifu

You are accepted, you can pm me your profile whenever you like

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Patient
    Name: Ella Blair

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Accepted will edit her in soon

Patient
    [​IMG]
    Name: Lukas Fraiser

Nurse
    [​IMG]
    Name: Janet Rein

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Name: Alec Schwart

16. Aelin Best Waifu

MoK you missed a part. How dare you! But I assume he is a patient? Besides that you are free to send me his profile

All profiles except Moksha's are up now if anyone wants to take a look, maybe get some ideas to plot with others.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

Yes, he is a patient

18. Aelin Best Waifu

@CrownMoksha @tribbles @Ghost @Hero of Time @Shuhbooty
    I will posting the main thread tomorrow after work. If you are still interested and have yet to make a reserve, or are thinking of making another reserve, I would suggest you do that today, or tomorrow morning. That way, even if you don't have time to make a profile or a post this weekend, your characters can still be referenced if need be. I personally am not a fan of someone appearing part way through an rp, the characters acting like they have been there all along, but have never been referenced or acknowledged. I hope that having the characters at least reserved with help solve that a little.
    Anyways I look forward to starting the rp, and rping with all you guys.

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

image.png
    PATIENT
    Name: Elizabeth Jolene-Joanna Williams (don't call her JoJo, she hates that. She prefers Lisa or Elizabeth but doesn't frown upon being called Jolene or Joanna)
    Sexuality: If she had to guess, she's bisexual, but she really doesn't care and she'd prefer to make friends.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

You are accepted, send me the profile at any time. Also might not want to rely too much on the nickname Lisa, it might get confusing with another Lisa in the rp already. There is a link to a skype chat in the first post if you are interested in joining as well.
    The main thread will be up in a few hours most likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.