Traditional Art ART DUMPAGE!

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Cherry Berry, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Cherry Berry Chaser

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you suppose I'm getting any better at this?

2. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Better than what I can do. Hard to tell if you're getting better if I can't see how you used to draw.

3. Cherry Berry Chaser

I've got a drawing of creeper mickey I used to do when I was younger! But until I can find it, here's something I did around... 2006? It was in my old deviant art page, don't know why I uploaded this and not mickey mouse's creeper face.

Mind you this is before, WAY before I discovered the joys of anatomy, iPads and graphic tablets. Oh, and don't forget moderate common sense too.

[​IMG]

What the buck even is this?!? D8

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh, you definitely got better at this. The guy has three arms, and the girl is crying,but i have no idea what's going on with the rest of her. This looks like something done on Paint

5. Cherry Berry Chaser

Whenever I look back to my old pieces of art, it's like looking back at a horror movie. Especially the Didny Disney art.
    [​IMG]
    Oh god, I uploaded this too on my old account D8 I don't know what the hell was going through my mind when I did these... But the comic's definitely the worst... I'll have to digitalise the creeper mickey face first though before I even think of unleashing a horrific comic with both a terrible plot and an equally unmajestic art style..

Here, since I'm dumping art, Here's another few pieces xD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It's a pony!! ^.^

It's clear from seeing your old work that you are improving. As for the reasons why you would have uploaded your old works, you were proud of your achievements at the time. I also know what you mean when you talk about looking at old work . . . I found some old notebooks I used to draw in when I was in around 2nd or 3rd grade . . . I wanted to destroy them all lol

You're a lot better at computer graphics than I am. I have to use an old fashioned paper and pencil for my work to turn out alright. Keep on working and i'm sure you'll improve even further :)

7. Cherry Berry Chaser

Yes... That was undeniably true. I was proud of my work back at the time, even if some of it still comes back to haunt me today.

Thank you very much. It took me 2 years to get this far, and the iPad has really helped me acquire the skill set needed to further improve on my art. Maybe soon enough I could develop properly on my background art, as that sorely needs looking to. If there's anybody who knows how to art backgrounds, please halp me dbaugadjyggdjuegaed.

In the meanwhile though, here's another 2 pieces.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

You're definitely getting better and better at this. You seem to draw Yosuke a lot.

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

My god, I love these. You are so good at the animu characters (and I love your Junes ad especially <3) and even that Dolan comic was really well done. Please don't stop.

Also, I remember that Voldemort gag.

10. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I love that girl's design. She looks so cute. ^ ^ Do you take requests?

11. Llave Superless Moderator

I'm not sure how the iPad works per se in regards to art, but if you wanna get better at backgrounds, and you have some sort of program on you computer (if you own one, be it GIMP or Photoshop.), that'll help separate your layers. having a layer dedicated to the art and then the background not only makes it easier, but then it'll be more fluid when making avatars, sigs, wallpapers et cetera.

That aside, I really like your sketches, they are vurreh cute. Good style all around and fun to look at!

12. Cherry Berry Chaser

Thank you, and yes. Yes I do. That is due to my current RPing thing I have going at tumblr.
    Thank you again, very much >w< Haha!I'm glad you like the Junes Ad I did! I'm considering doing more of those dolan comics, but I'm all out of ideas on what to do at the moment. ^o^ I'll be sure to continue, thank you so much for the support.
    I do take requests, but my tumblr art list at the moment is a bit full at the moment >o< I'll be open for everybody real soon, but until then sit tight!
    Artstudio (The app I use on the iPad 2) is very much like GIMP. ^^ Sure thing, I'll be sure to use the extra layers to make the background work! :D Thank you for the advice!

13. Llave Superless Moderator

Are you able to import pre existing pictures into layers with that? Sometimes it's more fun and a lot easier to find textures that will compliment your art rather nicely and then use that as a background.

14. Cherry Berry Chaser

Just given the app a check, and found an importing image as a layer option. So I'm guessing yes 8DDD
    I haven't considered as such just yet ;o; But I'll be sure to try out textures and that. About using textures, does part of that involve maybe using the cloning tool?

15. Llave Superless Moderator

I'm not sure you'd need it, but if you can just experiment with it. Art is about finding what works well with you and what you're most comfortable with creating.

16. Cherry Berry Chaser

Ahh, ok! ^^ Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to dabble more with the application, see what kind of effects I can create! Maybe I could show you guys something sometime, when I've nailed it down 8D Thank you very much!

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

These are gorgeous Cherry! <3
    I especially like this one:
    [​IMG]

You colour very well and have a good idea of lighting and shadows and such. Just keep in mind about light sources - sometimes when you look at the image, the source is coming from the front, yet some highlighted bits are there and should be more of shadows instead. Also study up more on anatomy - you have an incredible concept of it already but it could still use some practice.

I love the very animu-style you have. I wish I could draw like this!! (But lol I've tried with no success at all)
    Gorgeous works once again! Can't wait to see more and more from you n _ n

18. Cherry Berry Chaser

Haha, thanks c: I'm glad you like my art work!
    With light sources, sometimes I do get a bit confused as to where to add said highlights :S, but I shall continue to work on it alongside the anatomy of things :D Thank you for the advice!

dajksdgasjkdgshadkashgdkash you are much too kind @o@ And never say ne- You can most definitely do it, the only thing is you might need a bit more time to perfect the things :D

Thank you, and thank you again!]

Here's yet another batch of photos! Sorry if they're all persona, I'll try to get out of the habit of drawing persona related characters soon, honest! Some of these are older than others, the first three are the most recent.

Before anyone says anything, I know that bra looks crooked D8 Its still bugging me to this day and I don't know what to do to fix this problem dashgdaslkdgasd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

your pics are awesome i hope you can teach me to draw.

20. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

MORE STUFFZ!!

lookin good~~~~
    getting much better (proportions wise) compared to the first few, actually. that's good!

LOL you love hana-chan doncha?