Art Competion #2: Home Sweet Home!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by HOSPITAL STAT!, Jun 18, 2007.

1. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Aight. This competition calls out more for Imagination and Creativity, so even if your technical skillzs ain't top notch, but you have the imagination or simply a sense of humor, there are still chances of you winning. (...why does this sound so familiar?) Just to make it more clear, the accuracy/technique is mainly there to help influence the appreciation of your work, nothing more. Anyway the idea!

~Contest Sheet: Home Sweet Home!~ (....D:DD:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D::stfu)
    - Create an appartment (storey building) with an enticing scenario going on! You know, the kind that shows what people are doing in each room? Like this : http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154/StupidAquarius/Untitled-1.jpg

My idea of scenario is: make something happen in each room, just like in the example above. It could be funny, tragic, or straight-up crack, whatever - just depict some sort of scene!

It doesn't have to be an apartment, it can simply be a one room house with something going on. Here's a sexy example of a Stick Man drawing that I whipped up, since apparently I can't find crap on deviantART: http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n154/StupidAquarius/Untitled-3.jpg

If you're leaning in more on the idea of making an apparentment, just to note it doesn't have to be big like in the first example. It can just be a one storey with 3 rooms, with a detailed scenario of what's happening in the rooms, like thiiiiiiiis: SUPER SEXY STICK MAN EXAMPLE #2!

The size and/or number of storeys is up to you. What I'm really looking for here is an interesting house/ambiance and, the designing of the house/people.

Now you can TOTALLY stylize this to your appeal. Design the people, the house, make it a theme - hell, create your very own universe through this. Originality and personality is the key to this competition!

I hope I was clear. Any questions, lemme know!

///~DEADLINE~///
    Okay for the deadline, I'm thinking 31st of July. It'll probably be expanded, we'll see how the contest goes.

~Contestants~
    - +ぼくはくま+ (?)
    - Zandyne
    - Xigbar
    - splitoverload
    - tummer
    - XiggyII

~Judging Criteria~
    [NOTE: Kairi, if you don't mind being a judge, I'd like to call for help ;_; If one more person wants to be one, hollaaaaaaaaah~]
    - Overall Presentation : /3
    - Accuracy and Proportions : /4
    - Creativity : /8
    ....+ Scenario : /4
    ....+ Design, Interface : /4

2. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I'd love to be a judge again, it's fun =D

(I said that I'd help you in a PM to but I don't think you noticed with all our randomness xD)

3. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Aw naw I did notice! <3 Thanks Kairi!

This competition is slightly silent compaired to the previous one, ahuuurm.

4. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

No preoblem it's just fun (:

Yes, but it will be great.

5. +ぼくはくま+ Destiny Islands Resident

6. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Does that mean you want to be in it ? :3

7. +ぼくはくま+ Destiny Islands Resident

well,im thinking bout it. D=
    but one question,: does it have to have people in it??

8. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Eermm....

What, you plan on only drawing architecture?

9. +ぼくはくま+ Destiny Islands Resident

kinda... =\ but does it look better with peeps in it? ..i was thinking about it...

10. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Yeah. Generally, adding people creates an ambiance. But that doesn't mean if you don't draw people your work will suck.

You can go ahead and take the challenge to not draw people, (with that said, I'll hafta edit the judging criteria) and instead make a hella awesome looking architecture. P=

EDIT: Your signature....D: D: D: *hide*

11. Zandyne King's Apprentice

I'd llke to join! I completely suck at drawing interiors...and can it actually be outside....ie: Garden Party? If so.....*cackles*

12. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Then you are in the competition =D

13. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

(I suck so much as well when it comes up to interiors DX)

Cool! I'd add you up on the contestant list. (Still not sure about the girl with jap symbols...)

Meh! D: It sort of defeats the Home Sweet Home purpose....xD But sure, why not! If you keep to the idea of a scene, then it could work. :D

14. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Joy 8D

Well, the home will still be visible in some form I guess. You know like a backyard BBQ or something (flaming neighbors XD).

15. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Considering that it's YOU, I'm totally eager to see what you come up with XDD

16. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Such high expectations! ....you said...anything can go in the area riiiight?

17. Senbon_Zakura Merlin's Housekeeper

1 question: can It be ONLY one room? .or it has to be like 5 rooms? ..the whole house etc.

PS: I DONT KNOW IF IM JOINING K?

18. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Aaaaanything baby, aaaaaaaaanything. <3 (;

And yeah, it can be just one room. The number of rooms is totally up to you.

19. Xigbar The Freeshooter

Guess what ?

I'M IN !!

20. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

That's good, then we are starting to get some contestans :D