Television Arrow

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by 61, Jul 9, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

There's not already an Arrow thread?

Season 3 approaches. Who's excited? I am. After a somewhat... disappointing conclusion to the second season, I anxiously await the third to see what it has in store. After season 2, there's not many threads that need be addressed, only the , something that has all but been confirmed to be the focus of this season, and Laurel and her bs come to mind. This season needs to be good if this show wants to be remembered as the outstanding show that it once was and can be. The first part of season 2 was great, the last.. not so much. Season 1 was, on the whole, good, though it had it's moments that were less than good. It needs to redeem itself after the mess that was the last quarter of season 2, and I know it's capable of doing so. The writers need to be less ambitious and not worry about pushing the envelope, and focus instead on making sure this season is solid. Really solid.

Oh, and this is a thing.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53892

2. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Slade has given this series so much life, I hope the next bad guy (maybe Ra's al ghul) will be so fun to watch!

3. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

I've really appreciate this antagonist compared to Merlyn.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I just started Arrow a little while ago, and I'm on episode 18 of Season 1 right now, but I'm hoping I can enjoy it as much later. I definitely enjoy the flashbacks; did they make those just as well in the later seasons as well?

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I Think they'll continue through all the series, I don't even know if they are keeping record of the chronology of these 5 years
    First he said he was on the island for 5 years, than there was Sarah, than they split, by the end of season 2 he remembers leaving the island and learning how to pilot an airplane, but when the series started he was rescued from the island.. so he will go back to the island AGAIN after escaping?

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I think it's pretty obvious that Oliver will end up back on the island since that's where he was rescued from at the pilot.
    I think Season 2 started out much better than Season 1 and while I have no real complaints or think the series is losing its touch, I don't think it ended as strong as Season 1 did. I'm excited for Season 3 (and Oliver needs to grow a goatee already) and seeing it tie into Flash (hopefully). Also, Devon Aoki has been cast as Katana and Karl Yune has been cast as her husband, who will act as Ollie's handler in Hong Kong.
    I am extremely excited to see the Atom on live-screen. So far, his New 52 adaptation (or should I say adaptations) have left much to be desired when compared to his old self.
    (also, I'm pretty sure that there is a thread for this, but if it is, I haven't seen it since before the show actually premiered).

7. 61 No. B

[​IMG]

yo.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/sdcc-2014-arrow-panel-and-season-3-first-look/1100-149365/

Looking through the article I noticed that one of the shows creators said that season 3 is "all mapped out." That's wonderful news if it's true because that's one of the things I said needed to happen given the sloppy and lazy ending to season 2. I don't want to get too excited too soon, but given some of the things the article says I think season 3 is shaping up to be fantastic and perhaps the best yet.

This television season is going to be absolutely insane. I'm super excited for this but there's also The Flash to look forward to. Oh man it's going to be so fun.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

9. 61 No. B

I'm so curious about what the deal with unconscious Felicity is. The show seems to be going in a direction of her and Oliver getting together and I kinda don't want that but eh we'll see. Oliver in Hong Kong seems to be really intense from what they've shown and I want more now. right now. I still hate Waller. And not even in that way that you're supposed to hate Amanda Waller. I don't like the actress. I don't think she's good at all and I still don't like how she's skinny.
    Roy looked awesome for the 1 second that he was on screen. I love that costume and I'm super excited to finally get him using a bow. But seriously though that costume is amazing. Imo it's the best in the show and is up there with my favorite superhero costumes. I hope they update Oliver's to look closer to that. He's had the same costume for two seasons now and it's time for something fresh. If nothing else please make the hood look like Roy's. I'm still kinda holding out for the hat-wearing Oliver though lol, I think it could look really good if done right. I hope they do Roy justice this season.

10. 61 No. B

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

RASHE, DAMN IT. PRONOUNCE IT "RASHE." Anyway, something I didn't catch before; the guy at 1:40 who tells the Arrow that somethings don't stay dead is the new Count Vertigo.

12. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Who will interpret him? I hope Liam Neeson

13. 61 No. B

Great start to the season. That ending was crazy.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I just finished Season 2, and I actually liked the ending. I thought Ra's al Ghul was Batman's enemy though, so why is he such a big thing in Arrow? I guess if we don't get a Batman TV show, we'll need him in something.....scratch it, I'm fine with him in Arrow. The last thing we need is another Batman franchise. I just wish Slade teamed up with Oliver more

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

A few upcoming things:

-Manu Bennett will return as Slade after Arrow's midseason hiatus.
    -Though Laurel will be donning the Black Canary costume (Costume seen here) in the tenth episode of the season, it is definitely premature. She isn't a "superhero" yet and will make mistakes; when she takes a hit, she does go down.
    -Though initially wanting to keep superpowers on the Flash side of the universe to keep Arrow more grounded, the producers said that filming the Flash/Arrow crossover have changed their minds. Evidently, they originally thought that powers wouldn't work well on Arrow, but seeing the Arrow cast deal with it in the crossover showed that it can work if handled right.

17. 61 No. B

yeah no joke
    I get wanting to give the shows distinct identities, but if they're going to run with this idea of a coherent universe where crossovers can happen (which I don't know why you wouldn't be all over that after this week, my god), they have to commit to the idea of superpowers and not shy away from them. I don't think it would be good to suddenly have Arrow fighting all these "metahumans," nor would it make sense considering the accident happened in Central City, but to ignore them would be a problem as well.

But those crossover episodes, man. Specifically the Arrow one.
    Ignoring the fact that it's not a good sign when the best episode in you main show's current season is the one that crosses over with your new show and it's the new show's cast that makes the episode something special, that episode was some kind of awesome. Good themes. Good character exploration. An all around solid episode. Not without a few things that didn't sit well with me, though. I did have some reservations about what Diggle and Waller did this episode (and really disappointed with what happened to Captain Boomerang), but nothing so extreme to hurt the experience. Best episode this season imo. I sincerely hope we get more episodes of this caliber. The season started out very strong and then quickly dropped off. I hope it picks up momentum and starts doing things that actually matter.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

19. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

So no goatee?

20. 61 No. B

if the writing in season four is as much an improvement as the costume is, i may consider coming back