Anyone Play Magic?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by twilightsown, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilightsown King's Apprentice

This is out of nothing more than complete and utter curiosity, as I am a Magic: The Gathering player. Is there anyone else on the site that plays this card game? If so, what are you playing right now? Standard Extended, whatever you are playing, let it be heard (If anyone here even knows what the hell I'm talking about. :D

2. General Grievous Gummi Ship Junkie

I use to play Magic. Not that much though. I was a Yu-Gi-Oh! Player, I kicked butt, and also Pokemon. But I sucked at Magic.

3. twilightsown King's Apprentice

I started with Pokemon and Yugioh (and did really good at Yugi for awhile) But I went to Magic essentially for the prize factor. Plus I felt it had more depth. Though I won't forget my time with Yugi and Pokemon. I still have my Pokemon cards though:p Anyone interested in buying?

4. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

LOMG I LOVE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

but alas i cant find anyone to play with:(

i have a mixed kinda deck.......i got some of the old school in it and some of the new school..............i got a 'door to nothingness' card.....yea if you know what it is, it pwns basically all the cards:cool:

and i love my heartseeker card........its uber sexy:D

5. twilightsown King's Apprentice

Lol, those two used to be my faves!!! :D Also, if you can't find anyone to play, did you know there are places to play online for free?

6. Roxas OG

I do like Magic, but there's rarely anyone to play with these days.

7. Mr. BuBBLeS Merlin's Housekeeper

I haven't played this game in ages since I graduated from High School. I stopped at the time "Invasion" was released.

My current decks are a Green Weenie deck that consists of cards such as Kavu Titans, Pouncing Jaguars, River Boas, Gaea's Cradle, Rhox, Llanowar Elves and Priests of Titania along with numerous artifacts like Tangle Wire. By 5th turn I can usually generate around 12-13 green and/or colorless mana and rid of my current hand, then pop out a snake basket using 15-20 Colorless mana to generate around 15+ 1/1 green snake tokens that I hit with a nice Overrun to hammer my opponents with a nice set of 20+ 4/4+ creatures with Trample by 6-7th turn which hurts big time.

I also play a Blue counter deck with Counter spells, Creature Control, Force of Will... basically pure control.

Wow... I miss this game.

8. Roxas OG

I do remember the Planeshift-Invasion-Apocalypse days. I was obsessed with the Draco card from Planeshift, even though it sucked.

And you should miss it, it's a great game.

My deck right now is a blue counter-deck, intermiffled (is that a word? XD) with white cards to defend meh life.

9. Shadow Banned

Yeah im heavily into magic...its all i do besides video games and the computer

i usually go to friday night magic that we have at the mall..on fridays..yay

i have an awesome 150 card Highlander* deck...mostly all rares..

*Highlander is a deck that can consist of only one of each card and can also consist of no cards that can search for any thing but lands

(after reading that over i sound like a nerd compared to anyone who doesnt play the game)

EDIT: I play type 2(standard) which is...Ravnica, Guildpact, Dissension, Coldsnap, Timespiral, and 9th edition Core Set

10. Roxas OG

Did antyhing new come out after Coldsnap? I seriously think I only got 1 booster from the whole CS series.

11. Mr. BuBBLeS Merlin's Housekeeper

If you play Type 1 (I believe in Type 1 nothing is restricted) you should look into Force of Will (2 Blue 3 Colorless), it counters target spell... but it is actually an awesome card because it allows you to discard a card in your hand to play it with no casting cost!! It is an uncommon from Arabian Nights but it goes for about $20 a card although you can most likely grab it cheaper.

If you wish to play life gaining however... look into a White/Green deck that runs off of green weenies like Bird of Paradise and Elves. Use Congregate to gain 2 life for each creature in play (which will be many) and Angelic Chorus (Whenever you bring a creature into play, you gain life equal to its toughness).

Now the big part of the deck is the big bad monster... Serra Avatar (3 White, 4 Colorless) It's Power and Toughness are equal to your life total, so when you play it (Which is easy due to the many generating elves) your life total doubles!!!

Better yet, when Serra Avatar is put into a graveyard from play you shuffle it back into your library.

Now add a couple Tithes in there to grab some quick lands and a few Abeyance and your deck will be a force to reckon with. Then to top it off you cast Cataclysm which makes everyone sacrifice all they have until the only have 1 Land, 1 Monster, 1 Echantment and 1 Artifact... by that time the game is over because you are sitting with a Minimum 40/40 creature with nothing for them to defend with.

Fun times with that deck...

Oh yeah, if your feeling extra cheesy make that 1 artifact a Tangle Wire... this way they need to tap 3 permanets they control on the first turn... which will have to be their creature, artifact and land which will leave them open for a Fatal attack = Game Over.

12. Shadow Banned

Actually yes..and people who enjoy the older cards will be quite pleased

The set is called Timespiral

They introduce new cards called "Time Shifted" they are older cards that have become "Type 2" through this process

You get one of a random "Time Shifted" card in each booster

For more info see: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/expansion/timespiral

13. Roxas OG

Sounds good, Kairi.

Aslo, Legi, did you honestly have a Serra Avatar? Those things are so good.

14. Mr. BuBBLeS Merlin's Housekeeper

I still have them... 7 total, 2 Foiled from Saga

15. Shadow Banned

Did you call me kairi?

Its "I<3kairi"

and serra avatars work better with armadillo cloaks or loxodon warhammers....

Just think about it...

16. twilightsown King's Apprentice

Wow, I;m gone for a bit and you guys take off with this thread. Anyway, anyone here ever hear of Magic Workstation or Apprentice? They are two different programs that allow you to play Magic: the Gathering as well as a few other card games online for FREE. You have access to any card ever printed, and can build decks however you want. If anyone is curious about this, post a comment or pm me, and I'll set you up with the one I use (Magic Workstation) and show you how to use it (I'll need an aim so I can walk you through it.)
    Also, I hope this doesn't classify as advertising, since it's a program not a site. If it is, please tell me and I'll edit. I'd like to not have this thread closed...

17. Shadow Banned

Hmm id be interested in it...but i have to get off now...

Also i have aim so im going to add you quickly..

And you can play Magic online with "Magic: Online" that you get in the core set Fat Pack

18. twilightsown King's Apprentice

Cept you have to buy the cards for that. *looks in wallet. Moth flys out* Hehe. See Why I play for free? And IM me real quick before you get off. I'm on but invis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.