Site News Announcing KH-Vids 7.0!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]

As you might have noticed, the site is looking pretty different! It is my proud duty to unveil KH-Vids's newest redesign, KH-Vids 7.0! Before I start to highlight the new eye candy you've got ahead of you, let me explain a little: it is the tradition of KH-Vids to release our new styles on KH-Vids's anniversary in December. However, in August of 2012 we underwent the taxing but worthwhile move to Xenforo, a new forum software, thus introducing KH-Vids 6.0. In order to get the site up and running as quickly as possible, I downloaded a pre-made style, modified it for KH-Vids, and dubbed it KH-Vids 6.0. It worked well and looked nice!

But I am of the school of thought that KH-Vids should have something entirely custom, built specifically for us, by us. Once everything had settled down after the Xenforo move, I began work on KH-Vids 7.0. I tried my best to have it done by the end of December but was unable to--however, I've busted my butt the past few weeks and the skin is now available, albeit a few weeks late!

I do sincerely hope you guys like KHV's new look. The KH-Vids 6.0 styles will be disabled as I will no longer be supporting them, and 7.0 is really quite similar in color scheme and layout. I know a lot of users want a light style for KH-Vids and I do hope to provide it one day! Instead of explaining the snappy new appearance of KH-Vids, I'll leave you all to see it for yourselves.

KH-Vids 7.0 has been tested rather extensively by myself and the staff team. I have tried all the major browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer), and while it functions fine on any of those, if you are using anything below Internet Explorer 8, I highly recommend that you upgrade to a newer version, or to a more modern browser. You'll be able to experience the full pizzazz behind KH-Vids 7.0!

Should you find any display issues, browser-specific or not, please reply to this thread with the following:
    • Screenshot of the problem
    • Link to a page where you see the problem
    • What operating system you use
    • What browser you use (include the version!)
    ... and I will address it as soon as possible.

Known Bugs/Issues

• Bug #001: Particularly on mobile devices, links and the search bar are conflicting. (Screen) Unconfirmed
    • Bug #002: Links on the likes bar are hard to see. Fixed!
    • Bug #003: Some gray text is difficult to read. (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #004: Tab link hover needs to be lighter (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #005: Quote link arrow needs to be lighter (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #006: Start New Conversation button cuts off (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #007: Some buttons have jaggies (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #008: Spoiler text is italicized Fixed!
    • Bug #009: Post and signature separator needs to be clearer Fixed!
    • Bug #010: Dropdown arrow could use brightening (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #011: Some buttons have black links (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #012: Spoiler bar is threatening
    • Bug #013: I completely forgot to style attachments (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #014: Poll results are hard to see (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #015: More posts to display bar needs styling (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #016: Deletion notices need styling Fixed!
    • Bug #017: Post new thread button cuts off (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #018: Attachment upload bar needs styling (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #019: Tab link hover on profiles (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #020: Sign Up Now! button needs to be styled (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #021: Default avatar has cropping issues (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #022: Overlap in profile signature displays, only when tabs are used (Screen) Fixed!
    • Bug #023: Login bar needs to be styled Fixed!
    • Bug #024: Default avatar is hard to see on discussion listing Fixed!
    • Bug #025: Prefix selection bar is uggo Fixed!
    Once again, I do really hope you guys like the redesign. Happy posting!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Calxiyn
      Calxiyn
      OMG I just logged on and was so confused Lol. This looks really cool and clean :D very nice
    2. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      I refreshed the page I was looking at and I had wondered for a moment if it was a bug or something, haha.

But really, the style's looking good from what I can see (it seems a bit reminiscent of vBulletin <3) and overall I'm loving it.
      Just don't kill yourself tryin' to do too much at once.

Thanks, Misty~
    3. Labrys
      Labrys
      My my this is just amazing!
      You've done an excellent job Misty.
      Only one question though... will this be useful for the mobile version?
    4. Serenacake
      Serenacake
      It actually took me a minute or two to realize anything had changed, and then when I realized it, I wa really confused. But hey! Now that I notice it, it's good. I like how it worked out~

NIce job gurl (and the rest of the staff too)
    5. Peace and War
      Peace and War
      Wooo, it's up! We have POWER!!! XD

Nice work Misty, favourite female Admin by far.
    6. Misty
      Misty
      The mobile style is still available, unfortunately I'm unable to test 7.0 on mobile devices (because I'm poor) but if it's working well (or not) for anyone feel free to post!
    7. Bushy
      Bushy
      I know it says in the style chooser that you're not gonna work on another style, but can I at least ask if a thinner version (the fluid/fixed was it?) will be released again?
      I just don't like seeing KHV so wide especially after getting used to the fluid version before (personal preference) and I think I'm not the only one, so that's the main thing I want to ask about this. lol

Either way, I do really like the looks of 7.0... Just yeah. XD
      Good job, Misty.
    8. Labrys
      Labrys
      Reason why I ask is because my PM, Alerts, and Logout button is cramped up with the search bar ant the advertisment.
      OMG It shows colored usernames on the profile YOU'RE THE BEST MISTY
    9. Misty
      Misty
      The way I've determined the width of the page is... interesting, hah. If anyone reads CSS:
      Code:
      .pageWidth {
          max-width: 1200px;
          min-width: 940px;
          width: 90%;
      }
      Basically, the site will fill 90% of your screen. If 90% of your screen is less than 940px, it will default to 940px. If 90% of your screen is greater than 1200px, it will default to 1200px. It's... confusing I know, hah. So it's kind of in the middle of fluid and fixed. If you're looking for something smaller (or larger), I can write a quick browser add-on that will make it so, but I am not planning to produce two options like in the past.

Edit: If it's causing display issues then that's another story.
    10. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      i clicked a link to another part of the site and BAM. bubbly ultra blue. and i was all neat! cuase the bluer the better. (blue is my favorite!:D)[DOUBLEPOST=1360431318][/DOUBLEPOST]also i like the unversed symbol being added, at least i dont Think it was there before but i is Dumb like that sometimes.
    11. Bushy
      Bushy
      I personally would like to have a smaller option, but I don't want to create more work for you either. lol

Also:

Could I just ask why this is?
      I'm purely curious is all as to why this has changed. It was nice having the options before, so I'm wondering if there is a technical reason as to why they're not being offered this time.
    12. Misty
      Misty
      It's difficult to maintain, basically. But considering there are some reported issues on mobile styles (see Bug #001), I might change this.
    13. Haseo
      Haseo
      The "x others" link in the likes bar is really hard to read. They're almost the same shade of blue.
    14. Fearless
      Fearless
      EVERYTHING IS SHINY.
      I LIKE IT.

From my point of view, the graphics look much more streamlined and clean than 6.0, and it looks very modern. And since the layout is essentially the same, there should be very little complaint.
    15. 61
      It's going to take some getting used to for me.

I'm not saying I don't like it, I just take a while to adjust to change.
    16. kingdomheartsgeek
    17. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Pretty much this. I do like it, I'll admit, but it'll definitely take time to get used to
    18. Misty
      Misty
      That's okay! I understand it's a big change. Within a few days I think it'll be familiar to you all.
    19. kingdomheartsgeek
      kingdomheartsgeek
      Its only a skin. The forum software remains the same