Film After Credits

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Fellangel, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Fellangel Bichael May

Sometimes, movies have that small scene at the end of the long list of cast whether it's there for the sole purpose of being there or maybe a hint of an upcoming sequel to that movie. Whatever the case, is it a good idea to put a scene there? Why not just add it to the ending? Many people don't tend to stick around the entire list of credits to see one small scene. Though there are the few~

Anyways, yay or nay?

2. Antidote Façade

Depends how they do it. I like movies that show extra footage during the credits as opposed to after. Some movies have very long, drawn-out credits, and I wouldn't like to stay put after every movie I see at the cinema just in the off chance that there is a little extra something...unless I was told about it prior or whatever.

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I think it is a good idea. I know whenever my family goes we stay behind for the credits (Much to my sister's dismay). It's to pay respect to the people who put all of the work and effort into the Movie. I think it's a good idea, it's something for the people who think this way.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I agree with this. Credits are so often slapped on without thought. Cut black, roll names, play some cool music, and we're done here. But you can take the time design the credits as an experience that people actually want to watch. I guess the counter to that is you aren't really giving people their due if you are looking at art in the margins, or bonus clips, or whatever, but people aren't going to pay much attention to names (or remember those they had read after 30 seconds) so I think it would be best to make it something that people will at least stay in the room for.

Additionally the film makers should respect the fact that they have lost most of their audience the moment credits started, don't put anything of any plot-line importance in there. I can't actually recall watching a full feature where that is an issue, but it crops up in indie films (more forgivable due to short credits) and video games and it annoys me a lot.

5. Antidote Façade

Precisely. There's a way of doing it where you get the best of both worlds - in my experience the screen is split 50/50 with the bonus footage on one side and the credits on the other for those that are interested in them. That way no one is missing out.

Besides, aren't you already giving all of those people who worked hard on the movie their due by actually being interested enough to go see it, paying for a ticket and watching it?