A Kingdom Hearts Quickie: The Joke

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Forever Love, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Here's a quickie for you. :) Well, enjoy this little short story of mine.

-----------------

*Click*

The young teenager flipped the switch to the bathroom. She walked over to the silver sink, reaching for her toothbrush. She turned the knob to the faucet, water rushing out of the stem. The sound of the running water calmed her nerves from a stressful day. The girl leaned on the sink, staring at her own reflection in the mirror. Her crimson hair was the same as always; shoulder length, straight, and incredibly thin. Her delicate fingers ran through a portion of it gently and she tucked some behind her ear. She hovered her toothbrush under the warm water, a stream of it slivering down the handle. The red head reached over for the toothpaste...

"Huh?!"

Kairi turned around immediately after the word left her mouth, her eyes wide in fear. Her eyes were glued to the doorway that led out into a dark hallway. I could've sworn I saw something there through the mirror, she thought, alarmed.

Shaking it off, Kairi grabbed her toothpaste and, with a squeeze, placed a good amount on the bristles of the toothbrush. She brushed her teeth in the quick, circular motion, just like the school nurse had shown her class when she was eight.

The water was turned back on as she spat out a majority of the paste in her mouth and rinsed the brush off before she stuck it back in her mouth. Kairi repeated the routine until her pearly whites were cleansed enough for her satisfaction.

The thought was still in her mind, what she had sworn she had seen earlier. Kairi walked over to the doorway, placing her hands on the doorframe as she peeked out into the blackness of the hallway. Her eyes raced back and forth, only to see a few pictures along the wall to her right and pure darkness to her left, the mayor's room somewhere in it. Kairi leaned back into the bathroom, chewing on one of her nails nervously. She took a deep breath, looking out into the darkness again. She flipped off the light and ran as fast as she could into her room across the hall. She shut her door and leaped into her bed.

"Phew," she said with a sigh of relief. Kairi looked over at her door again and then to her mirror to her right. Her pink pajama pant leg was just below her right knee, the other covering up most of her left foot. The black tank top she was wearing revealed her pale skin on her lower back. She pulled the back of the top down, covering up the skin, and squirmed into her covers. Kairi rolled over on her left side, gazing out her window as the moon shined brightly through it.

Just then she caught sight of a shadow move on the wall, more like flash really. She rolled over quickly, gasping. "Who's there?" she asked. There was no answer. The girl sat up. "I said, who's there!?" she called out again. Still, there was no reply.

Kairi looked around nervously, her breathing becoming heavier. Calm yourself down, Kairi. It's nothing, she assured herself. She searched every corner of her room for a sign of someone, or something, moving in her room. Her eyes continued to jot right to left, top to bottom, until she finally caught sight of the figure.

"Who are you?" Kairi watched as the black foot twitched slightly. She brought a finger to her lip in question, watching the figure's foot twitch again. "Hey, what--" She stopped immediately. Her room still smothered in blackness, the pale moonlight had just enough shine that she could see the black figure move toward her bed from her closet. Kairi only gasped as she watched the mysterious being crawl slowly to the foot of her bed. Her heart began to beat faster and breathing became shorter.

The girl waited for another sign of movement, but with no signal at all, slowly moved an inch or two closer to the foot of the bed. She waited; still, nothing. Kairi moved her hands forward, her feet following from behind as she crawled over to the edge of the bed. Her heart was beating as fast as it could now. She felt as if it was literally going to pop out of her chest. Kairi was so shaken up and scared that her breathing halted completely. The girl slowly looked over the bed.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Kairi screamed at the top of her lungs in terror. The black figure jumped out of nowhere at the foot of her bed. Its yellow, glowing eyes stared daggers at her as it hissed in anger. She sat against her head board in fear. The creature touched the bed. Is that a claw? Or a... hand? Kairi stared at the figure as it came closer and put a leg on the edge of the bed.

The girl whined in fear, knowing that there was nothing she could do. She could only think of one person. "Please... someone help me," she whined quietly. Kairi looked at the figure again, only to have it hiss at her again. It crawled closer, the spikey hair blowing in a mysterious wind.

Eyes wide in terror, Kairi tried to scoot back further but couldn't because she was as far as she could get. The creature came even closer. Kairi squeezed her eyes shut, raising her hands in front of her face in self-defense as the figure hissed and brought it's claws up to attack. Kairi could only think of one person at that moment.

"SORA!"

Kairi waited for the attack, but realized nothing happened. She peered out of one eye in fear, only to notice the black figure froze there, just looking at her. Its yellow eyes looked as if they held a mixture of sadness and surprise inside of them while the face held shock. There was no anger or hate. It leaned back, sitting on its knees. Kairi, still alert, gazed at the thing. It looked familiar to her.

"Sora?" Kairi leaned forward in wonder just as there was a flash of light. She uncovered her eyes. Yellow shoes, black outfit, spikey brown hair. Kairi was completely caught off guard. Sora was sitting there right in front of her. It was suddenly clear to her.

"Hey! Why did you do that to me?!" She punched him in the arm, but Sora didn't move."Sora?" Kairi crawled over to him and sat back on her legs. Just then there was a knock on the door.

She gasped. "Sora, hide!" The boy did as he was told and hid under her bed just as the door opened. It was the mayor.

"Kairi, are you okay?!" He came in wearing blue checkered boxers and a wife beater.

"Uh, yeah. I was...," Kairi started as she thought of an excuse. "I was... practicing a part for the school play! You gotta have a great scream for the role. Everything's fine."

The mayor's shoulders sagged. "All right. Just don't practice as late next time."

She nodded. "Right, sorry." The mayor shut her bedroom door.

Kairi waited until she knew he was gone. "Sora."

He crawled out from under the bed and sat himself at the foot of Kairi's bed, right beside her. The boy turned to her, his blue eyes gazing at her own. His face showed sadness and guilt. "I'm... sorry."

"Sora, why did you do that?" Sora's mouth opened subconsciously. He stared down at his hands.

"It was meant to be a joke, but I didn't know you would get this scared," he explained. Kairi tilted her head to the side as he continued, "I was wanting to come see how you were doing and I had an idea to play a little joke. I figured that you would get a little scared, but I thought you'd be all right because you fought those Heartless and everything. I guess I was wrong. I'm sorry."

Kairi looked down. "Sora, I don't know what to say to you. It was a pretty mean joke."

"I know," he replied, standing up. "I didn't mean for it to--"

"But, I understand why you did it." Sora stared at her in confusion. "You were just having fun. I can completely understand that. Even though you and I don't think it's very funny now, we'll look back on it soon and think it's total hilarity. It's fine."

"Kairi, aren't you mad in any way?" Sora asked.

Kairi shook her head. "No, not really. And you shouldn't be sad either." Sora stared at her and she patted the bed, motioning him to come sit down. The boy followed her gesture and sat down, not taking his eyes off of hers.

Kairi looked down and said, "You're a great guy, Sora, and you live life in a happy-go-lucky way. I admire that." She looked up at him and smiled. "Don't ever lose it either. It makes you who you are."

Sora stared at her in surprise. "Thanks... Kairi." She nodded.

"Sure." She got up and walked to her window, unlatching it. "Come here." Sora quickly joined her, standing beside her as she pushed the window open. "You should go. We both need sleep. I'll catch up with you at the Island tomorrow, okay?"

The boy nodded and she continued on. "Just climb down the lattice, but do it quietly. I don't need any more visits from the mayor."

Sora smiled. "Right." He climbed out the window, but stopped. "Kairi?"

"Yeah?"

He laughed and shook his head. "Never mind." She raised a brow curiously. Before Sora got too far, she called out to him.

"Sora!" He looked up immediately.

"What? What's wrong?" He came back up to her window.

She smiled. "Nothing." Kairi leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. Sora paused and just stared at her. After a few seconds, he went back to climbing down the lattice.

"Don't you wanna know how I got in your--" he started, but Kairi cut him off.

"Don't ruin it." He smiled and nodded, before disappearing from Kairi's sight.

----------------

Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! Keep an eye out for another one of these, there could possibly be one if I have another bump in the road.

-Kairi

2. Sumi suicidé

Ha! i would freak too! lolz dude!

3. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

... You definitely learned something from him, but not enough though. Still, it's very good!

4. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

...I have no idea what Xuan is talking about, but I will say this.

This is pretty cute and adorable in a funny kind of way. And I'm glad this helped you overcome your writer's block.

See, to be a greater writer, you need to keep writing. It doesn't matter what, just do it! Good job! :D

5. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    WOW, OMFG!!!!! great story....how did he get in?!?!?!?!?:yelling:i would yell at him!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Lol. Well done. I enjoyed reading this story.

7. Way2Dawn Traverse Town Homebody

It was pretty good, and I could see Kairi freaking out like that.:p I definitely think you should write another one.

8. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

I heard that you are a good writer and this proves it :)