Question A Graphic site

Discussion in 'Help' started by Cin, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Obviously one or two of the artists on this site has to go to a main gfx forum every once in a while.

I'm really just requesting a place to go, because KHV is my base and like Pepto said, this place isn't really for GFX. I know that during my early days I was both a member of Gamerenders and IGFX, gamerenders is way ****ing big now and IGFC died a long time ago. If anyone can suggest a place to hang, please do so here, but not just for me but for a lot of people who probably don't have a good site to head to.

2. cronoking Chaser

lol, this base was really your base? xD

Well the places I frequent would be GuildInn, Anime Renders, and Planet Renders. All are fun places to go to and can help you learn some new techniques~ Not sure if others know any better places but those supply me with tons of resources and skilled GFXers that give me good CnC.

3. SplitOverload Chaser

i was a member myself in the early days of GR. Now it's way too big and strong. PR is a great place to hang, especially to get inspiration. But you must have good talent and get known or it's a dead end there too. And that place is big too. But it's fun ^^

I for one have contact with several fantastic artists that I've met over at other forums that turn out to be dead when I check them again. They often help me out on msn and such. Try to get more friendly with people in the good forums and get 'em on msn or something.

Now don't be straightforward for a gfx forum. I know a megaman forum where I get a lot of tips too. KHI has some extraordinary artists, check them out. Some of my friends go to slashTHREE. I've had a very old account before the forum merged but now I've been on it again. Check them out, they I can honestly say...are the first ones on line for some real gfx designer jobs.

4. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

You could try to go to tagmonkey... but if you do keep in mind that your work will most likely be ripped to very very tiny pieces or completely ignored.

Alternatives are either PR, but only if you can get on a team, because the critique you get in the critique section isn't worth **** OR wm studios.

There are other sites which are only good for resources, inspiration and such, like slash which Pepto mentioned, but there really isn't a forum where people would actually point out the flaws in your tags or tell you how to get better.

5. SplitOverload Chaser

Oh WM studios. Forgot about that oldie.

Tagmonkey is worse than NSL. **** is like a massive screwdriver ready to ****ing nail you to your tags. Believe me. You either got to be that extraordinary someone who got their work featured on DA all the time. PR is good if you are in a clan, that's what I meant.

6. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

NSL and PR are pretty much popularity contests, tm on the other hand will rape you just for fun even if you are decent lol

7. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, I've joined A LOT of graphics sites, but they all were either dead or they didn't really stick. The best ones I had found were probably KGB (or something along those lines), TechGFX, and Layered GFX. All had friendly members, were active without being huge and over crowded, and it wasn't a popularity contest like it is on Planetrenders.

8. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

This place is a horrible base Dx
    I go to PR for inspiration and resources, though I haven't posted in months. I've been planning to start being more active there though. I used to go to Dead Concept everynow and then but I just can get a feel for the place.

9. SplitOverload Chaser

Wait what? I've never seen you in DC. I hardly ever go there anymore. The place is dead isn't it?

10. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Yeah I went there like a week ago and it was dead. And I never saw you on DC either.

11. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Planetrenders is pretty nice. I've been a member there now for 2 or 3 years. They're pretty nice, but the only drawback is the critique department; the members there suck huge monkey testies at giving CnC. Like, worse than here.

But they do have a nice system for buying nice .psd's and getting good resources from their "Credit" system.

So I suggest there.

Though personally I use DeviantArt for inspiration. Some of the art on there is amazing. So if you ever go there, use the random-art search function and see what you get, maybe something will inspire ya.

12. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

^You get free LR .psds if you are in a team on PR lol

13. on mirrors edge Traverse Town Homebody

i find "gimptalk.com" as a good place

14. Misty gimme kiss

I don't think they'd appreciate those of us who use Photoshop over there.

15. Cody Chaser

Meh, I lurk alot of gfx sites. A nice one that's still emerging(it has been for years.) is gfxskool.
    I was on team toxic on pr for awhile. I wasn't satisfied, though.

16. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

Eh Toxic has a grand total of 2 good members now, such as shame, it used too be a good team =/

17. SplitOverload Chaser

I respected Toxic's work back then. I guess it's dead now. The only real crew I see there nowadays is Avant or HD =\

At least it's keeping up, unlike GR xD

18. Xidon Traverse Town Homebody

HD sucks ass now, everyone that has a friend in HD can get it, skill isn't a requirement anymore. aV is good, they were always quality team.

Moonlight and Air are the best though.