A convention given opportunity

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Odamadillo, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Last Sunday I attended a convention where I was given contact info for Madius Comics and the creators of the new 2Kill comic. I showed the ones there some of my basic ideas and small story plots and they gave me advise on how to improve them. They said I should email a script to them and they could have it published if it is good enough.

I am asking if any of you would take this opportunity if you had been given it?

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Um I want to be a comic writer so I would've probably kissed the guy and then taken the opportunity

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Kill him and eat him so you can gain his power!

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Take it!

5. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

So do you think I am being stupid for considering that I ignore this opportunity?
    I know this is the spam zone not the dicussion section but I would like advise on this.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

Take the opportunity. Advice from someone who's gotten work published and sold is some of the best for beginners.

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The only risk I potentially see is being strong-armed into surrendering copyright. But the emails would show it's your IP, and so long as you're careful about what you're agreeing to then it seems like a good opportunity.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

There's also the "Poor Man's Copyright" if you want to be extra safe and can't afford trademarking your script.
    There's also the issue of how a lot of comics work is considered work for hire.
    Regardless, I would heavily consider taking the chance, BUT I might research them quite a bit first

9. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Research them. Have someone you trust research them. Have a dialogue with your new potential employer then of course research further.

If it's not a "you're gonna be a star!" type scam, go for it. Once you throw work on a resumé, you have a 1000% better chance than someone who's not in the industry already.

10. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Thank you all for the advise. I have began discussion with both and await to hear back from them. I already have an idea to pitch to them so lets see how this goes.