A Breakthrough in Nanotechnology Leads to the Possibility of a 500,000 GB MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

It seems so sci-fi-esque I can hardly believe it. How amazing would this be if they could perfect this method?

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

actually, according to Moore's Law, technology improves about once every 8 or 10 months ( i not sure which one). so i guess it would've had to come to this point eventually. tho i wonder who the hell would need that much space JUST for music anyways, lol

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Oh yea, I learned about that in my computer class. And true that about the music (XD), but it would be extremely useful for videos (considerably larger in size as I'm sure you know).

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i never knew MP3 players can carry other stuff besides MP3 files. i don't have one and i never owned an MP3 player, i never was really into portable music.

5. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Wow, you hear 500000 GB, and the first thing you think is "OMG DAT'S A LOTTA SONGS!".

Imagine how that space could be used for computers and videogames?

Moore's law says 8 to 10 months, but scientific development and scientific evolution both improve at an exponential rate.

6. Repliku Chaser

I agree. If this can be done for MP3 players, in time it could be done for computers and video game consoles, disks etc. It could really be terrific.

7. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Zomfg... COMPUTER STORAGE CAPACITY was the 1st thing in my mind. =O
    500000 GB *dies*
    This is some awesome shyte! O_O
    I eagerly wait for THIS!

8. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Whoa. That's 250,000 times what I can hold. This is really major, though. Imagine how powerful computers could become.

9. cronoking Chaser

If they ever do that, hard drives would be a one time thing to buy xD. This is pretty spiffy though. I wouldnt mind getting my hands on a 5TB PS3 lol. Although I have to wonder how the prices will be on stuff using this breakthough. Cause if they're just gonna make it super expensive, then I guess the average buyer wont be seeing any changes in their wares.

It wouldnt work on disks though since they dont use semi-conductors.

10. Destined Working for WDW

We can figure out how to create a micro chip with more memory than we know what to do with, and yet we still haven't found a way to lower gas prices...

11. Hissora ahurhurhur.

You could pretty much put a small computer into something the size of an ipod with that, couldn't you?
    That's amazing, not for the whole "Oh think of how much songs we'll have" but for the, "that's a lot of space in one small thing" factor.

12. cronoking Chaser

I agree. Once this is proven in practice, it can reduce the size of computers and other data storing hardware. Add that to future breakthroughs with RAM and motherboards and stuff and we might be walking around with handheld desktops lol.

13. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I'd buy one of those iPods. <_>

14. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

This is going to be usefull for so much more than music. Think outside the box people.

15. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Yea, exactly. The MP3 part was just the article's title. RAM cards, video games, memory cards, and so much more will be improved so much.

16. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

Wow. That'd be useful when I need to listen to my entire list of fav songs! I'd love to have one but then again money is the prob for me. -_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.