._. Help please

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Rosey, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosey Chaser

I know this isnt a like huge problem but I would like some advice anyways .-.

So everytime I look in the mirror or look at someone else, I look at how fat I am, or how skinny they are. And its like I KNOW Im not fat, but every time I look in the mirror, I have this sorta distorted perception of myself and I feel fat ._. And Im not anorexic or bulimic, but ive done things I told myself Id never do it the past ._.

Help? ._.

2. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Just assure yourself, like you said, you're not fat. Believe in yourself and how you feel of your body. Sweetie, I know you do a lot of active things. so you are fit. Don't say you are fat or anything. You have a healthy body, exercising and everything. Best thing to do is tell yourself that you are not fat or too skinny.

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

The fact that you recognise what you are doing and see it as a problem is a very positive thing sissy <3

It is pretty much a common thing that most girls (and an increasing number of guys) percieve themselves as not having the right image and we criticise ourselves a lot whilst comparing ourselves to what we see as ideal in others. Whilst this doesn't exactly help our self confidence, it is something most people can relate to.

Next time you look in the mirror I want you to focus on something different other than weight. For example, look at your reflection and tell yourself that you have really pretty eyes (which you do) and nice hair (which you do). You need to pay attention to the positive things hun.

If you truly are worried about weight then I would advise making an appointment with a doctor, they can take your weight and calculate our BMI (body mass index) and they will be able to tell you whether you actually do need to lose weight or not. They will also be able to give you advice on the next steps to take.

Life isn't just about skinny and fat, it is about health. Health is measured in relation to each individual person (again another good reason to see a doctor, they can give you personal calculations and know more of what they are talking about as well as what suggestions to make specifically for you).

A key tip I can give you though is moderation, don't crash diet, instead eat foods in moderation. Eat little and often and make sure you eat a lot of fruit and veg as well as the occasional treat xD Maybe some gentel exercise too? I know you find it hard to be physically active because of your joints, but even something simple like say dancing around to your favourite songs or perhaps jogging?

Most importantly of all, remember that just because someone else looks skinnier or whatever compared to you, that doesn't mean you need to be what they are. You need to find what is right for you and your body.

I hope that helped D:

4. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

D'aww, I had the same problem :nono: It's a bad thing, I know, but the best thing you can do is believe in yourself and don't care about people's comments. Trust me, the best thing is ignore people when they say something bad about you :) Then, if you really think you're fat, I heard that black chlotes "make you thinner", I tried it ;)

5. The Fifth Element Traverse Town Homebody

Quoted because this is the smartest thing I've heard all day. I used to think that I was fat too but then I calculated my BMI and found out that I was well within the normal range for my age. Keeping healthy is the key.

6. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I agree with the Fifth Element, that is one of the smartest things I've heard about in a long time.

I know you are active Rosey. Believe me, if you assure yourself you are not fat, no, if you KNOW you are not fat, then you aren't. This is a rising problem people are having, especially from ages 13-ah, I'd say 20? Hun, I know you're active. Don't compare yourself to those people who may be super super skinny. That's bad for them. You are who you are. You aren't fat. Just keep telling yourself that. You know you aren't.​

7. Repliku Chaser

If you can look at yourself and find faults such as you think you are fat while there are other girls who are skinny or around your size, and you compare, well it's kind of normal. People care a lot about how they look, especially in the teens. So any sign of something means it's not right. I can assure you a majority of those girls that are the same weight or thinner than you may even say they are too fat too, and it isn't true. Everyone can't be a size 0 Paris Hilton and well, it just isn't healthy to be.

CtR probably gave the best advice really on it. We all look and see things that are not so great about ourselves. We critique ourselves and are often the biggest critics around. No one will judge your hair, weight, body appearance, zits on the face etc as badly as you personally will. Others may totally never even notice the discrepancy you feel you have. If you keep that in mind, maybe it will help you to lighten your judgment on yourself. Also, if you feel so critical of yourself, really you can study others too and see their flaws. No human body is perfect and remember that all of those models etc we see in the media are mostly airbrushed to perfection and angles of cameras make them look thinner and taller often than they are.

If you really feel though that you are seriously 'fat', perhaps going to a doctor is a good idea and he/she can check you over and well, show you whether you are overweight or not by using BMI etc. The goal really though in the end is to try to be more happy with your body because it's what you are in. Take care of it and it will look its best for you. Don't go on crash diets or anything like that. You seem pretty active and all so also don't mistake muscle for body fat. I do hope you will feel better about things soon.

8. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

We all get that way sometimes and I feel that when that happens, we need to remind ourselves that we are NOT perfect. It's not healthy to become self obsesed and start doubting our own beauty.

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I remember reading something a long time ago. It said that if you look at yourself in the mirror and just keep repeating "I am not fat" a lot, then your self esteem will go up. Not just doing it one day, but doing for a little while every day.

10. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

I'm not a girl but EVERY girl I know thinks their fat even if they ARE anorexic. Trust me your not actually fat no matter what the mirror or anybody else says. And even if you WERE fat some people actually have it it in their genes and the weight is already there some people just gain it naturally no matter how much they diet because of growth spurts. Trust me your appearence is nothing because its not what other people say or do that counts its what you say or do that counts(I am not saying you can break the law or anything though ^^). Just enjoy who you are because you only live this life once. Let appearences get in the way and your probably gonna screw up. Just enjoy your lifetime while it lasts. Not trying to be scary but anything can happen any day one day you may get hit by a bus. No offence. Just enjoy the time you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.