30 Seconds to Mars

Discussion in 'Music' started by Daxa~, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Daxa~ #stalker

Well I think that they are the best band ive ever heard,and that everyone should at least hear one of their songs. Jared Leto(singer) is also one of the hottest men alive :D
    But all of 30stms songs mean something,and if you`l listen to any lyrics that becomes obvious.
    Lots of people say theyre awful,with no sense of musical taste,but when I ask those people have they actually heard any of their songs they normally reply no. It is for this reason im asking people to listen to them,to Jareds amazing voice,Shannons drumming skills and Tomos guitaring awesomeness before writing them off. Then youre definitly entitled to think whatever you want about them XD

2. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I used to be a huge fan of them. Like I thought they were seriously the bees knees. That is until I went to see them live.

First of all they kept all their fans stood outside in the rain waiting for almost an hour because they were running behind, we later found out it was something to do with Jared wanting a costume changed. Then when it actually got underway it turned into the Jared Leto Shows Off How Amazing He Is show rather than the band. He kicked the band off stage and did a lot of solos, which considering I actually went because of Shannon's drumming irritated me no end.

Then at one point he was leaning over the crowd, and I remember this kid reached out to him, he only looked about 14 or so, anyway, Jared punched him smack in the face.

Its a real shame, I do like their music, and I thought their relatively recent album was pretty good (especially the song Hurricane), but the arrogance of Jared has severely dented my like for them and has done ever since.

3. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    30 Seconds to Mars is one of the many, many, many generic "emo" pop punk bands out there that don't really do anything to differentiate from the rest of the crowd, relying more on image and the members' attractiveness to bring in new fans than on the music. They are, in fact, quite possibly one of the worst bands of the emo scene I've ever had the misfortune of hearing and if they can't match up to crap like Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance, then they're doing something wrong. Not to mention the audacity they have to market their work as progressive rock to try and say "hey! We have depth!" as if just being classified as progressive makes music deep.

They fall under many of the same marketing tricks that most modern pop punk or "emo" bands do. They sell their image, not their music, they pretend their work actually means something when it really doesn't (and 30 Seconds to Mars goes even further than most modern pop punk bands do by pretending that they play progressive rock, completely ignoring that early punk came about as a rejection of progressive rock) and they pretend to be a pure punk band to seem edgy.

If you want real modern prog rock, go listen to The Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria or, especially, Children of Nova. If you want pop punk, go listen to Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World or even Green Day.

4. Final_Ian997 Merlin's Housekeeper

I love them, I just could not live without them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :3 Here they r: [video=youtube;mLqHDhF-O28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLqHDhF-O28[/video]
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I haven't seen them live, I've only ever listened to their music, I don't even know what they look like. I do love the lead man's voice, it is very soothing. However, they aren't top of my list, I have a few of their songs on my iPod but I'm not a huge fan, most likely because I just haven't listened to loads of their songs because I never felt the need.

They are a band I have to feel in the mood to listen to, like if I'm not in the mood I will just skip past them on my iPod but otherwise I will happily listen to them.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Never seen them in concert but The Kill and This Is War are like my favorite songs of theirs. They're great. (:

7. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

Close to the edge, is a personal favorite. I love their band so much its almost a crime! TSTM!

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

They're kinda awesome, but I really wasn't a big fan of their first album in which all of the songs kinda sounded the same, but a lot of the other ones rock. I also kinda like the fact that their videos are kinda like mini movies.

9. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

yea. Saxima I agree with some of your statements.
    Arent all music vids supposed to be a mini movie to describe the meaning of the song? :p

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I've seen some really...stupid, uncalled for music videos that have no plot. Don't ask me to name names, I suck at that. BUT THE ARE OUT THERE!

>_>

11. program Twilight Town Denizen

Only I song I know from them is the one from the movie Guardians Of Ga'hoole, other then that, I would agree with Cloud.

12. xigbar.nom Destiny Islands Resident

Nomnomnom 30 Seconds to Mars..don't you just hate it when people say their songs are real bad but they haven't even heard them? I mean like how dare they?!
    I think they're just very jealous of Mars' amazing looks..and yes even Tomo <3 - what a babe xD

13. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Omg, I just found this topic... Yes for 30 Sec to Mars! And not just becauase Jared looks hot!

14. xigbar.nom Destiny Islands Resident

I know right? You have to admit they're all pretty smexi ;) Jared, Shannon and Tomo <3

15. Daxa~ #stalker

30 Seconds to Mars won two Kerrang! awards last night xD
    For Best Single(Hurricane) and Best International band.

[​IMG]
    Naww look how adorable they are with the awards <3

16. xigbar.nom Destiny Islands Resident

Well done to them..thank you to the echelon

17. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

30 Seconds to Mars is a pretty good band in my opinion. I used to hate them because I thought the lead singer sounded kinda whiney, and their music videos were a tad strange. But my friend who is completely obsessed with them got me hooked evetually. They're an acquired taste. But once you get used to them, they sound really awesome :D

18. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

I've heard of them but never really heard any of their songs.

19. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

I want thgem to come to Michigan for a concert! I WANNA GO!! xD :lolface:

20. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Love this band! My favorites would be Attack, This is war, Hurricane, and closer to the edge.