100 cars crash on highway

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by .Kairi., Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071103/ap_on_re_us/freeway_pileup
    And a photo to go with it: http://news.yahoo.com/photo/071103/...c565082b565;_ylt=AppsbtUUiCGb8vLiuhE6hIpH2ocA

2. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Holy ****

And this ISN'T a monster truck jam...Man, it seems much worst than 1...

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

That's ****ed up 0_0

To look at it positively though, it could have been a damn sight worse than 2 who were killed, though IMO it is always especially sad when a child dies, 6 years old, jeez poor kid.

Am I right in thinking they don't know the full cause yet? Or are they blaming the fog (sorry the article didn't make it very clear to me). In which case, if they are blaming poor conditions due to fog, shouldn't there be measures in place for occasions when it gets bad? (Seasonal Fog implies it is common).

I hope those who are injured get better soon.

4. Nailpolish <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

That made my eyes water. This really scares me. All I'm thinking is how is that possible? A hundred cars? Thank god only 2 got killed, but it should have been 0.

"6 Year Old Boy" made me cry ><

5. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Sadly drivers go too fast, aren't always totally in control of their vehicles and aren't aware of local weather anomalies. Here we get fog banks which you suddenly find even if its sunny and they aren't that wide. We have quite a few killed here when they lose control. The little boy is a really sad outcome though its amazing that under the circumstances only 2 were killed. People will never learn.

6. Repliku Chaser

That's tragic but yeah, as others mentioned, I'm quite surprised no more than 2 people died in that mess. I feel bad and don't want to downplay their demises but it is just astounding to hear only two were killed in that and to note a decade before 75 cars were in the same scenario and two people died.

We get fog here sometimes too when in the higher elevated places and if people were going too fast so they could not see ahead of them, that's not good. As someone mentioned, if it's seasonal, it was bad judgment on a few people's parts.

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I too am rather surpried that only two died. They were quite lucky to only get minimum casualties. Some of those cars were completely wrecked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.