Traditional Art ꒰ෆ❛ั ु▿❛ั ु꒱

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Dinny, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I miss this section a lot and I recently had my first project in my History of Art class. I've done something very new: working on a huge canvas at 300px for the first time so I would really like some critique and tips to help me further! I'm not very confident with my digital art either so I'm challenging myself to improve.

Anyway, here's the piece and how I came about to it. I've been trying to find a way to do digital art on photoshop that I'm comfortable with. I've tried doing line arts then painting and single layer stuff then I tried this little painting technique, working with more layers than usual hehe

lol.jpg I saved it as jpeg so it can upload to khv lol but here's the bigger file: http://dinamplified.deviantart.com/art/Forest-Guardian-468928227
    First, I roughly drafted everything on photoshop. Very rough as you can see. one big lol.
    Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 1.58.26 PM.png

Then I proceeded to adding in colors just to plan everything out and see its composition
    Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 9.47.08 PM.png

Then, on separate layers, I began working on filling in details for each aspect of the piece. My layers were mainly a character layer, throne layer, background layer and birds later. I did this under the original draft so I could still get a guide of what the drawing would be but I eventually erased this layer completely.
    Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 9.46.06 PM.png
    Here's how I did the birds, which was very different from the rest of the drawing. I used a black silhouette then with that I began to fill in some details. Also, I've already added in some textures.
    Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 8.50.02 PM.png
    I should have really taken more progress photos but then I ended up rushing the last bit cause of the deadline (my fault for working so late on it though ahahaha)

So yeahhhh /flails around/
    If you could critique and give me more tips with digital art, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much! ; v ;

2. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

I miss this Section to!
    I really like this piece Dinny. Loving the detail and the effort put to make it.
    I like the overall theme the image has. (Loving the parrots in those cages, pretty colors :D).

3. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Ahhh thank you so much Taffy! I'm really glad you liked it (I look up to your art a lot huehue) <3