❖~Come, Little Children~☾

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Genre: Horror, Psychological, Puzzle/Mystery
    Rating: PG-13~ PG-16
    Idea Inspiration: Cover of Come, Little Children by katethegreat19, Cupid’s Brew, Coraline, Ib, The Witch’s House, Jayn’s countdown/day system, my psychology class, and my weird brain
    Setting: Pediatric Psychiatric Hospital (Very beginning), Alternate Dream Reality

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Saint Rose Pediatric Psychiatric Hospital... Home to the abnormal kids ages eight and eighteen. Some can go outside to get fresh air, others are imprisoned indoors- sometimes in their own rooms.

]You don't know why you're here, or maybe you do. You're sick, but it's not a cold or a flu, something everyone can see. It's something no one can see. Perhaps you're not sick. Your parents or guardians probably thought something was wrong with you, but there's nothing wrong. But you can't leave for some reason.

All that is true is that you are forced to take medication day in and day out. It could make you feel funny, it could make you feel better. Nurses and doctors check on you daily, and every day a patient or two may have a break down because they can't handle the state they're in.

Another thing that you know for sure; your parents or guardians just signed you up for an experiment. Scientists and researchers have come up with this new medication called "The Miracle". You only have to take one pill, and one pill only. It's suppose to work with the chemical balance in your brain and stabilize it, fixing all psychological problems big or small. The only downside seems to be you'll be sleeping for a long, long time. The doctors and nurses told you that you'll be asleep, because your body is repairing your brain. But it's not just you who's going to undergo this experiment; some of your peers are going to do this with you too.

Tonight is the night, you're going to take this medication whether you want to or not. What will happen? No one really knows.

Now is the time to say goodbye for now to your loved ones and friends. Visiting Hours only last for one hour.

You have ONE HOUR to say and do what you figure you need to do before you go into hibernation. Use it wisely.
    [​IMG]Time~ 7:37pm[​IMG]
    Saint Rose Pediatric Psychiatric Hospital
    "Miracle" Time
    Day 1
    [​IMG]

The rest of the day went on almost like any other day. You all had dinner together around 5:30pm (except for Trevor, who had to eat in his own room), and Ainsley probably gave you that piece of banana bread you were look forward to.

After dinner, you didn't go back into your main pod like usual. Nurse Anthony let you all know ahead of time that you would be going to a different place in the hospital after dinner. The "Miracle" had to take place somewhere else after all. You (and Trevor) are all led into one big room. There are hospital beds lined up on either side of the wall, just enough for your group. You're all instructed to change into hospital gowns, and then each of you are assigned to a bed. The nurses that you are most familiar with are in the room with you, helping others get comfortable and ready. As soon as everything is situated, Nurse Anthony takes a step to the head of the room and looks at all of you.

"Head Researcher Ms. Izanami will tell you what to expect."

[​IMG]
    Doctor Izanami didn't bother to correct Anthony. She liked to be addressed as Doctor, but she read over the patient's files. Some of them were afraid of even the word. As soon as Anthony stepped aside, Doctor Izanami took his place at the head of the room and smiled warmly. "Hello everyone," she began with a slight nod of her head. "It's nice to finally meet all of you in person. I have spoken with your parents and loved ones over the last few months and have heard so much about all of you. I know I am a complete stranger to you. I am Ms. Izanami as Anthony had said, and my goal is to help all of you feel better and help you get a hold of your lives once more. Most of you have been in this place for a very, very long time and I'm sure you want to get out of here as soon as you can." She paused for a moment, letting her with everyone.
    "That is why you have all been opted to try a new medication, generally known as "The Miracle". As you might have heard, it is a medication that will help you feel better, more relaxed, and with help you carry on a normal life outside of this hospital. Yes, you will be asleep for a while, but I and your nurses will be watching over you to make sure you are receiving the best care as you're healing. Your parents and loved ones will also visit you as you sleep, and they will be watching over you too."
    She glanced over at each of the patients. They were all so young... Life was cruel sometimes to let these children suffer for so long. "Your parents all signed a permission slip for all of you to take this medication, however, if you do not wish to participate in this, you may opt to not take it at all. I will not force any of you to take it. It is solely up to you, and you alone."
    Her smile faded just a bit, growing very serious. "If you choose not to take this medication though, it might take you months or even years to become stabilized enough to leave the Saint Rose. Most of you are close, or have reached the age of eighteen. At this point, you could be transferred to another hospital where they are more strict and it will most defiantly be an unpleasant experience..." She took in a little breath of air, relaxing her shoulders. "Now, do any of you have any questions or concerns?"
    [​IMG]
    Part One
    Day 2
    It doesn't take you long to fall asleep after all. Some of the nurses and doctors told you that you probably wouldn't dream, but something seems to be happening... You hear this strange voice singing some sort of poem, something about beckoning children to come to a land of enchantment. Suddenly, you have the ability to open your eyes. Is it done? Is the experiment over?
    [​IMG]
    Apparently not, you might think to yourself as you look around you. It's night, it's somewhat dark, but there's a full moon out that's shining brightly. Everyone that you saw with you in the big room with all the hospital beds earlier are here with you to. Is this some kind of joke? You were told you would probably not dream. Yet here you are, in some sort of dream, with the people you know, hate, or love. You may feel something different about you. All your fears probably have quieted, your rage is at peace within you, and most of all you can think very clearly. There is a thick wall of trees behind you that shapes into a semi-circle. They look impossible to go through. Up ahead, you see a strange looking house, and a beautiful elegant woman. Behind the woman are people dressed very nicely, but not as nicely as the woman before you.
    [​IMG]
    The woman smiles warmly, opening her arms to you and everyone else. "Welcome, children. Welcome to my realm of dreams." The woman's voice is calm,and even soothing. Most of you probably can't help but to be drawn to it. The woman lowers her arms, still smiling at you. "I am Dream Maker, mistress of all dreams. What ever you wish for shall be granted... Most of the time." She then gestured to the small group behind her. "These are my servants; my butler, my two maids, my three gardeners, and my cook. They are all at your disposal. And this is my mansion." She motioned to the strange looking house you saw earlier. "It looks more pleasant on the inside, trust me." She clasped her hands in front of her. "I hope you will all love it here very much so... Is there anything I can do for you before my butler gives you a tour of the place? Anything at all."
    Should you ask for your deepest desire? Dream Maker said that not all your wishes will come true though. What does that mean exactly? Should you ask her what the hell this is all about? Or go along with it?
    Make your own choice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • You can die
    • There will be puzzles/mysteries to solve
    • Five days in reality equals a day gone by in the RP
    • You can trigger events any time anywhere (good or bad)
    • This might make people VERY depressed, so heads up
    • There will be “Chances" to build your character up before all hell breaks use. Use them.
    • There are twists and turns in the story. Be prepared.
    • There will be "COUNTDOWNS"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please read VERY carefully
    No Godmodding (EXCEPT ME. You’re fighting against me, my NPCs, my Triggers, and my puzzles. I will be fair, but DO NOT let your guard down at all costs.)
    No Powerplaying (Except me: Only the beginning, death scenes, Triggers, etc)
    ONE character for each person (I think this is best, let me know if you have other ideas)
    You have no "Super Powers". You only have your wits, brain, and maybe items you come across.
    Expect to die (Dead, gone, death, you’re finished. No if, ands, or buts
    No drama, No Crazy Llama (Meaning, the less hassle you give me about anything, the nicer I will be: Deadlines, posting, rules, ANYTHING.)
    If you think you can run this RP better than me, then please, don’t join. Be willing to work with me.
    Five days in our time equals ONE day in the RP.
    Midnight PST Timezone is the deadline and the next day in the RP will start. If you do not post an ending for the day, or a stop off point for your character before that deadline, you lose a “Chance”. Meaning, expect to be active during the week and then finish. (If you live in a different timezone and don't know what midnight Pacific Time is in your time, message me and I'll help out)
    The more posts you can get in during the “Five Days IRL” thing, the better your survival will be later. Trust me.
    More rules will be added as the story progresses

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Time~ 4pm[​IMG]
    Saint Rose Pediatric Psychiatric Hospital
    Visiting Hours
    Day 1
    [​IMG]
    It's exactly four o' clock, and the afternoon activities are coming to a close; art class, dance, yoga, exercise, and so forth. Depending on your level of stability, you're either permitted to participate with everyone else or you're locked up in your room as usual just waiting for the day to go by...

Tonight is also the night you heard they're going to start the "Miracle" experiment. You either don't know what to think of it, protest it, or are willing to go for the idea.

The TV in the main pod where you are staying with others has been turned on to the Movies channel. Some of you aren't probably going to get visitors after all, and who wants to sit around and do nothing? Chess, checkers, puzzles, and Chinese checkers are available to use with permission.

It's a coed wing of the hospital, meaning females and males are allowed to mingle with each other. You just can't be in each others rooms alone. The bathrooms are locked to, cause a nurse has to go in with you no matter your diagnoses and watch you to make sure you don't do anything rash.

The intercom rings as its turned on. One by one patients in your wing are called by name. They have visitors today. And it may be the last time to see anyone from the outside world for a long time...

You're all in the same wing. Did anyone come visit you today? No? How about a game or a puzzle to put your mind at ease? Or maybe watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe on the TV. If you ask nicely, the nurses might turn on the game TV so you can play a video game...

That is... if you're not all locked up.
    `•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

[​IMG]

"Ainsley, dear, look at us."

Ainsley stopped fiddling with her fingers and glanced at her parents, keeping her eyes hidden with her bangs. They sat across from her, worried sick about her. She could see it in their eyes as she looked from one parent to another.

Her father reached across the table and pushed the bangs out of Ainsley's eyes, causing Ainsley to look back down at her lap once more. She was wearing a dark gray sweater with big pockets in the front (something she liked) with blue jeans and white hospital socks. They were comfortable clothing, but that did nothing to soothe Ainsley at the moment. Ainsley kept her eyes on her lap, not daring to look out the windows at all. She heard someone sigh, probably her mother.

"You'll be alright," Ainsley heard her loving mother say before her hands were gently clasped in adult hands. "We're so proud of you, Annie. So proud."

Those words made her look straight up at her mother, meeting those soft blue eyes. Proud? Proud of what? What did she do exactly?
    "That a girl..." Ainsley blinked and looked away. She saw the sadness in that woman's eyes. She figured her mother saw the dark circles under the her eyes. She still wasn't sleeping well.

"We brought you a little something." Ainsley heard something being taken out of a shopping back and then it was placed on her lap. Looking down, she could see that it was bread wrapped up in plastic. The girl could faintly smell banana...

Ainsley's eyes darted up, this time to her dad. "It's your good luck present." Her dad smiled warmly, joining her and her mother's hands. "You're going to do good, baby. You'll be able to sleep soon with no nightmares."

She held back a sigh, looking down at the hands that encircled hers. They felt warm, comforting... If only she could just go home. No, home was a bad place. Home was where-

Holding back a shudder, Ainsley squeezed her parent's hands as she took another look around the room, trying to keep her eyes from focusing on the windows. Why couldn't things be easier? Why didn't she talk? Why was she so afraid...?

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[/url]

She was tranquilized by sound. The pills no longer worked, but music always did; it suffocated the world around her and in so: her fears. There was once a point when the medication worked. There was a time when she was tricked into giving the orderlies all of her medical complaints because she’d throw a fit if someone who even looked like a doctor stepped into the room. Her fits ruled her life; as did her fears. She wasn’t simply afraid of doctors and so many other irrational things that the track she listened to almost seemed to represent her vibrantly transitional nature. She did not speak or understand Latin, but Mozart’s “Dies Irae” didn’t necessitate an understanding of any dead language; it necessitated an understanding of the evergreen language of music. She possessed this last quality in such great deal that it was typically her one reason to live. She needed no society. The only thing society truly provided for her at all was new music. She knew who Katy Perry was and liked her, but she did not like her because some society liked her. She liked all the modern artists and composers of past because of the music they made. It was funny, to her anyway, how she could be so in love and have so much respect for men who were dead (Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach, to name a few) and she could even stand living male artists like “N’Sync”, but as soon as soon as anyone who even looked like a male personage walked into her room: she would inevitably lose her composure. Saint Rose provided, however. Only female staff would attend to her. Once there was the mishap of her bringing a great insult and great injury all in one to one particularly manish-looking woman by throwing a vase at androgynous woman’s head. Saint Rose scrutinized which staff that would go to her room after that… and she didn’t have any more flowers… or vases to keep them in. Were anyone to walk in during that exact span of time they would hear “Rondo Alla Turca” playing on the iPod-docking stereo that played the transitioned Mozart track softly. Someone did walk in and Kyla Garnet responded by throwing herself onto her bed and covering her face with the pillow on her bed; she didn’t want to see anything. In soft, cushioned darkness she heard muffled Mozart and felt a warm, familiar hand on her shoulder.

What’s the matter, Kyla? Don’t have a hug for us?” An older gentleman’s voice asked with undertones of humor and untold wisdom.

Henry, I told you to knock.” The man’s voice had a fitting counterpart elderly, only her voice was a bit more touched with concern and reproach. “Honestly, Henry.

Kyla recognized those voices the same as her favorite song. She rolled over and took her head from out her pillow; she sat up on her bed and faced her grandparents contentedly. “Thank you for coming.

Just wanted to know that you’re doing okay.

I’m doing… alright.” Kyla responded. It was a façade for staff that took it at face value, but to the people who knew her better: it meant she didn’t hurt yet in the past few hours and nothing more. She was never “Alright”. She was conscious of the fact she was nearing her second anniversary of being an in-patient at Saint Rose and that it wasn’t long before she was a drooling mess. “Thanks for the wireless.” She said, in regards to the stereo sitting on her bedside table.

It was difficult to get it for you, after the incident with the vase.” Sylvia said with a clear note of understanding. She was not reprimanding her granddaughter; Henry and Sylvia had their share of outbursts from Kyla during the early years of adolescences they had been her legal guardians. They were likely the only ones alive who did understand her and Kyla knew their ages; Kyla knew very soon she would be alone. It was a mutual understanding, as both of the parties recognized it was the younger generation that required the most care. Henry did not want to admit his hands shook every now and again involuntarily and doctors were studiously testing Slyvia’s blood work for “an abnormality they noticed”. Kyla wasn’t aware yet of the individual onset mortality of her caregivers, but she knew she’d lose them because it was all she ever really thought about.

Kyla wrapped her arms around her grandfather and beckoned for her grandmother to get closer so the elder woman could be accepted into the embrace. She held them tightly. “Thank you for coming, really.” Henry’s right shoulder was slightly dampened when Kyla pressed her face into the cotton shirt; her tears seeped through and he felt them.

We’ll be right back.” Henry’s voice no longer contained a touch of humor. Only humility and the repression of his own tears dominated his voice. “We have to talk to the doctors.

Kyla jumped back at the mere mention of the word. The paradox was not lost on her grandparents; the one place she could get better was a place so rich with all her varied phobias. Choking on the lump that arose in her throat, Kyla bit back the urge to scream and nodded. She wanted to say “Okay, I trust you. Just don’t let them come in.” as a vision of doctor after doctor flooded the room and surrounded her on every side with scalpels and syringes in hand; their faces cool and calculating behind surgical scrub masks. She didn’t have to say those words, because she did trust her grandparents and they knew her fears and the strength of them. No doctor would enter the sanctity of that small enclosure; not then, anyway.

Sylvia and Henry exited, with tears streaming down their faces as they finally released them upon closing the door. They had to be strong for her; they were the only symbols of strength to the child they loved. It was the same love that stirred Sylvia back and forth between upcoming decisions.

She doesn’t like needles, she doesn’t like pills. Maybe we shouldn’t-

We have to, Sylvia. “The Miracle” is the only way to take care of her after we’re gone.” Henry’s hands shook a great deal more than they had in the room as he took Slyvia’s; it was not nerves that caused the tremors. “You know neither of us have much longer to sign for her and you know she won’t sign herself up after it’s been tested. She’s a strong girl. She wouldn’t have made it this far if she wasn’t. She can make it.” Henry was not utterly sure, but he did believe in Kyla. He was just not sure if he was right. “I have to calm down. I still have to sign the release forms.” No amount of calming down would stop the shakes. The shakes would pass in a little while, maybe. Tired, teary eyes met as both confirmed their belief.

She’ll be strong enough.” They said as one.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]

"Mommy, I'm too old for naptime, do I have to go?" came the voice of a little girl, seated in the bed in her room, as she spoke to her mother. The room was quite bare, the only things inside of it that gave the little girl any comfort at all were her mother and father standing in front of her, and her stuffed teddy bear that she clutched to her chest to comfort her in her upset state.

She had been fine a good twenty minutes earlier, but then she had been taken out of her room and into the visiting area, a place that she wasn't comfortable in at all. People came to visit their loved ones, sure, but there was always somebody who gawked at you, who had a look of superiority, all because they didn't have a mental illness. So naturally, she hated the place, and the very second someone grabbed her and tried to force her out she bit them on the arm, kicked them in the leg, and began screaming at the top of her lungs. They reacted quickly, slamming her back in her room and restraining her arms and legs to prevent it happening again.

"Sammy, we've already told you this. This isn't a normal nap, it's one that's going to stop you from seeing the imaginary creatures" came the response from the girl's mother, attempting to calm the young child down. "But I told you Mommy they's not imaginary. Everyone says they are but..but they aren't. They..they speak to me Mommy, they tell me that I'm sick, which I sort of am. But i'm not sick sick, they say that i'm sick up here" the girl, Samantha Pleygian, said as she tapped on her forehead as if to enforce her point. She was met with a warm smile from her mother, a reassuring smile.

Her father's turn to try now, as he stepped forward and gently ruffled the little girl's hair. "The people are going to fix that, they'll make you better, you'll see" he said. Samantha hugged Bear tightly to herself, her only friend, as she shook her head. "I don't wanna" she said stubbornly. Her father sighed and bent down until he was now staring at her at her eye level. "Sammy, if you go for a nap we can get you and Bear icecream afterwards, okay?" he offered. Tears welled up in Samantha's eyes now. "But Daddy..what if I don't wake up? What if I sleep forever like in that story?" she questioned. Neither of her parents were shocked. They had had this conversation with their daughter several times leading up to the 'cure', and had not been successful in convincing their little girl to go along with it.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

He sat alone in his room. The nurse had walked in earlier and said that his parents were there, but he couldn't possibly give less of a damn. They'd left him here to rot, and nothing they did could change that. And then they went and signed him up for some experimental "miracle pill?" Bullshit! He couldn't even take a dump without some woman in white watching him. "Honey?" He looked over and saw one of them in the doorway. "Your parents are insisting to talk to you. Are you sure you don't want to-"
    "Screw you!" He lashed out. He'd never liked people, and locking him up in the madhouse was never going to change any of that. What could a some pill do to fix problems that were never there?
    "Tell those morons that I'll be eating before I'm drugged." He moved, pushing the nurse out of the way and sitting down in the lounge. There was no way he'd ever talk to them. Not after this.

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

CLACK! CLACK! CLACK!
    There was something truly wonderful she found about the so called "guest hours" the people around her had. All of the people they knew just coming and visiting them, all of them being older than the ones around her. She thought it was sad, because if the people from heaven coming to visit them were their parents, then their parents died before or with them. Xyloh knew her parents were still alive, which is why they couldn't come and visit her. No one she knew visited her, because everyone she knew was still alive. Except her grandmother, which made her sad because she kept constantly hoping maybe she would come and visit her here in purgatory. It seemed like that wasn't the case.
    To keep her mind off of it, Xyloh was wandering about the room with a pair of clackers. It took her almost a month of "good behavior" to get them back, but she was happy now. She didn't care if it annoyed the others because she was having a great time. Xyloh moved her arm up fast and made the clackers connect both at the bottom and at the top. She stopped after a full minute when she hit herself in the face. She giggled and laughed off the pain, then continued again. As she clacked she thought about the "miracle pill" they were talking about, and how it was going to make her sleep. She finally got used to the idea that dead people do in fact need to sleep, but everyone telling her she wasn't actually dead must have been crazy, because if she was alive she'd be in school and doing other things. Not waiting judgment in purgatory. But she assumed that this "miracle pill" was her last test before she'd get accepted into heaven... she hoped.

Xyloh noticed Trevor sitting in the back corner, and she decided to check up on another occupant of purgatory. With a smile she skipped over, continuing to clack, and sung out, "Hello friend, how are you on this lovely day?"
    "Go away before I slit your wrists." Xyloh tilted her head to the side and questioned, "Why? Did I do something wrong?" Almost immediately after, Xyloh moved her hand up and did the trick again with the clacker balls.
    "Those balls you're playing with are noisy. Stop it before I give you a wrist watch measured in blood." "Oh that sounds cool how do you do that‽" Trevor gave her a pissed off look and shut his book. Xyloh was curious by this reaction and spoke, "Oh is it a secret‽"
    "Go. Away." He hit her in the head with the spine of the book to finish it off.
    Xyloh rubbed her head slighty from the shock and let out a giggle and almost sung out, "Alright fine, I get you. Get better at hitting though, that was weak."
    Xyloh skipped away, continuing with her clackers, until she saw Leah sitting at a table, she was staring off and dropping checker pieces on a checkerboard. She kept repeating this, and she looked bored. Xyloh wanted to help her break that boredom, so she walked up and sung her ever so common question. "Hello friend, how are you today?"
    Leah looked up at her absently and replied, "Huh? Oh. Fine?" Leah seemed to focus on Xyloh's clacking, so she moved it a bit closer. "How are you Ghost?" Xyloh let out a small giggle at that response and smiled, "I'm good, listening to all the names being called... I've got no one in heaven visiting me again." Xyloh then took a seat at the table with Leah.
    Leah looked around at the others in the room and spoke with a monotone voice, "My birthday. No visitors until my birthday." Xyloh's eyes lit up as she quickly responded, "Oh! When's your birthday?" Leah lifted up her hands and counted on her fingers and appeared to lose track, "One, two, three ... This month?" Xyloh grinned and sung out, "Happy early birthday friend!" Xyloh remembered the miracle pill at that moment and her clacking that she had continued that whole time stopped, "...hopefully we'll be awake for it"
    Leah looked up from her fingers with a confused expression, "What does that mean?"
    "Oh you know that 'miracle pill' thing. They said we'd be sleeping for some time? I was thinking we'd be asleep for um..." Xyloh quieted down for a moment to find the correct words. "I don't know... I don't... not a month." Leah looked at Xyloh with concern, "How do ghosts sleep?" Xyloh tilted her head and replied instantly, "Wouldn't you know? Aren't you a ghost too?" Xyloh looked around again and sighed, "Am I the only one who knows we are all dead?"
    Leah made a confused stare at the wall, " ... I don't ... think so? We're all dead? I don't ... remember dying..." Xyloh shrugged, "Eh... some people don't. But that's okay! It's not how we die it's what we do after! And man... it has been boring here lately.."

"Oh ... Well maybe they will liven up soon." Leah let out an uncontrolled giggle, and snorted.
    Liven... lively... bored... ghosts. Is she trying to be funny?
    "Was that supposed to be a pun?"
    "Was what supposed to be a pun?"
    "I said a pun?"
    "What?"
    "Um uuuum. I... I might have misheard you."
    There was a silence as they tried to think about their prior conversation, "What were we talking about?"
    "I don't remember... birthdays?"
    "My birthday is this month ..."
    "Oh right and I wished you a happy early birthday... and then the miracle pill..."

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[/url]​
    [​IMG]
    CLICK - click - click. Clack - click. Clack - clack - click. Clack - click. The game pieces fell repeatedly on the table. They would all spill out and then be scooped up, only to be dropped once more. The checkers board sat untouched. Red and black cylindrical pieces of plastic falling against the table. The chairs in the room were hard and uncomfortable. Shoes scuffed against the floor and chatter filled the air. There was arguing and crying, not to mention shouting. Visiting hours were usually filled with more despair than they were delight. Families only came to visit because they felt guilty. Some stopped coming completely.

Leah had that problem. Her parents only came once a month these days. They were supposed to be here last week, but they were detained. Now, they won't be arriving until her birthday, after that pill has been administered and she is for all intents and purposes, 'better.' Her brown eyes watched as playing piece after playing piece landed on the table. Her mind was a blank slate. She couldn't really seem to remember what exactly she was supposed to be doing with the checkers. Leah had picked up the box, set it down, opened it up, scooped out the pieces, and then forgot the next step. Dropping them over and over again on the table seemed like entertainment enough.

She blinked twice. Where was this going again? It was hard to remember. Oh well. Leah bit down on her lip and scooped up the checkers pieces again. Click - click - click. Clack - click. Clack - clack - click. Clack - click. There were more sounds of families in despair. Everyone was getting really anxious about this 'Miracle' pill. Leah had a hard time comprehending what the big deal was. It was just another drug. It wasn't the first time any of them had been required to take drugs. She had to take pills ever day, or at least, she thought she took pills every day. Sometimes it was hard to remember, like now. Her mind was too focused on the checker pieces to remember what she did this morning. What did she do this morning?

There was a clacking noise that didn't seem to belong to her checker pieces. Slowly, her head lifted and her brown eyes honed in on the source of the sound. Xyloh was standing directly across from her with those clacker things that she always had on her. Hello friend, how are you today? she asked in a sing - songy voice. Xyloh continued to play with her clackers as she took a seat.

Leah stared up at the clackers absently. Her thoughts were still stuck on the checker pieces. They were first and foremost in her mind, not Xyloh. Huh? Oh. Fine? she said unsure. How are you Ghost? Ghost was the name she had adapted for Xyloh since she believed herself to be dead and the hospital as purgatory.

Xyloh seemed to giggle at that for some reason. Did she say something funny? I'm good, listening to all the names being called... I've got no one in heaven visiting me again. she told her while situating herself in the seat.

Leah was not receiving visitors either, not until her birthday. Mom and dad would be coming then. She would be better then. My birthday. No visitors until my birthday. she muttered monotonously.

Oh! When's your birthday?

Leah looked down at her hand and started counting the days on her fingers. One, two, three ... This month? she said unsure, having lost count after only a few days.

Happy early birthday friend! Xyloh chirped. She stopped with her clackers. hopefully we'll be awake for it.

She looked up from her fingers in a daze. What does that mean?

Oh you know that 'miracle pill' thing. they said we'd be sleeping for some time? I was thinking we'd be asleep for um... she lowered her voice, I don't know... I don't... not a month.

Leah cocked a brow and asked with genuine concern, How do ghosts sleep?

Wouldn't you know? Aren't you a ghost too? She looked around at all the other people in the room. Am I the only one who knows we are all dead?

Her brows knit together in concentration. ... I don't ... think so? We're all dead? Her brown eyes focused blankly on a spot on the wall. Leah stared in deep thought. I don't ... remember dying ...

Eh... some people don't. But that's okay! It's not how we die it's what we do after! And man... it has been boring here lately...

Oh ... Well maybe they will liven up soon. She snorted and burst out into a giggling fit.

Xyloh blinked. Was that supposed to be a pun?

Leah's expression deadpanned. Her dull brown eyes blinked twice and she stared Xyloh down. Was what supposed to be a pun? she asked with all seriousness.

The other girl seemed to freeze in place. Was she broken now? I said a pun? she asked confused.

Leah cocked her head to the side and stared at her. What?

Um uuuum. I... I might have misheard you.

What were we talking about?

I don't remember... birthdays?

Leah looked thoughtful for a moment as her hands seemed to find the checker pieces once more. She started dropping them on the table again and said, My birthday is this month ...

Oh right and I wished you a happy early birthday... and then the miracle pill...

With that, it seemed to start again, putting the two girls on loop. Due to the distracted nature of Leah's disorder, it didn't take much for her to forget what was going on and then start anew. Basic routines were often times impossible to follow. Conversations were repeated unless someone of sound mind was guiding it in a particular direction -- there usually wasn't one. More often than not, she couldn't talk to a person at all. Her conversations with other people were never more than a few brief sentences. She didn't have much of a problem with hallucinations like other schizophrenic people did, but when the voices and the imaginaries did come, they came at full force.

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

WARNING: VERY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE FOLLOWS
    READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
    [​IMG]
    He tried his hardest to ignore everyone around him. People were all the same: ignorant, condescending assholes. There were two girls, both of whom he'd seen around the institution before. One of them went on about being dead while hitting herself in the face with clackers -- he hated the things -- and the other wouldn't stop messing with some pieces from a dumb board game. "Shut up already! Why don't you two just get a fucking room?" He hated this: being stuck in the madhouse like he was crazy. Why couldn't he just be a recluse? Why couldn't he just sit around and call his parents bastards when they tried to talk to him? Was that really so wrong? He wished he had his music player with him, but the nurses confiscated it as soon as he was locked up in this God-forsaken hellhole. They said he'd get it back "as soon as he showed signs of improvement." Damn them! Damn them all! Now he had to sit there and be subjected to all kinds of torment, starting with 'human interaction' and ending with 'death by drug.' They said he'd only sleep for a while, but they were probably just going to kill them and say that they'd put too much ibuprofen or some shit in the pills. After all, what good were all these 'rejects' in a world that's hellbent on such selfish desires?
    "Kyle?" He turned and saw another nurse. He already knew exactly what she'd say.
    "Your parents really are worried about you. You should come and see them before they leave."
    "Who needs those assclowns?" He replied, tired of this routine that had gone on since they first started to visit.
    "First they leave me here, and now they expect things to be a-okay between us? They can wait there until hell freezes over for all I care." She eyed him and looked around briefly before pulling something out of her pocket. "Look, I'm not supposed to do this, but..." She eyed her hand, which had a familiar pair of red and black headphones dangling from her open palm. "If you just talk to your parents, I'll give this back to you. Deal?" He glared at her. This was all too good to be true, but if she was as sick of this as he was, then it seemed believable that she'd be bribing him. He growled softly and got up from the couch. "Fine, but don't expect me to play nice." She sighed softly, stuffed the cords back into her pocket and began to guide him through a white corridor. He remembered it from the first day he'd arrived, and tried his hardest to repress the feelings of complete and utter hatred that began to bubble up; he'd let those feelings crescendo when he saw their pretentious attempts at guilt. She opened a khaki colored door and gestured for him to step inside. He did so hastily and sat down on one side of the table, looking back toward the smiling nurse as she closed the door. He'd managed to avoid this moment for almost nine months now, and the fact that he was having to play along for the sake of his own sanity would've eaten away at him if he wasn't so glad he'd get to tell off those no good, sons of bi- "Kyle?" He didn't dare to look at them. Looking would only give them what they wanted, and so long as he was alive and kicking, he was never going to let them get what they wanted. "Oh, sweetie, it's been so long." Even without looking, he knew she'd be tearing up, and his dad was probably standing in the corner, both 'overjoyed' and utterly disappointed to see his bastard of a son.
    "Kyle, look at your mother."
    "I don't have to do a damn thing, especially for you."
    "Why are you like this, Kyle? We only did this because it's what's best for you."
    "Best for me? BEST FOR ME!? You think locking me up with psychopaths and signing me up for some wonder drug is what's best for me!?" He looked up at them in his blind rage and saw his mother, nearly nine months after he'd left, with her belly about to burst. He scoffed, turning the chair to face the wall behind him, and tried his hardest to keep from slamming his fist into the desk between them, lest the nurse go back on their deal.
    "Dammit Kyle, don't you dare turn your back on us!"
    "Hypocrite."
    "What did you say?"
    "You're telling me not to turn my back, and then you go off and celebrate my incarceration by having another fucking kid!" He'd had it. He wasn't going to take their shit anymore. He was done with them. He got up and began to walk out, tuning out his father's screams and his mother's pleas. He opened the door and stood with his back turned to them.
    "You know, I'll be glad if I die tonight, because the devil would probably make a better parent than either of you." With that, he slammed the door behind him, and walked back out to the lounge. The nurse stood there, his beloved music player in hand, and he snatched it without a word. She didn't seem to care what he'd just said, but it wasn't really her place to care. He'd warned her from the start that kindness wasn't part of the deal. He sat himself back down on the couch and stuffed the cord of his headphones underneath his shirt before stuffing them both in his ears and blasting his favorite song. "I'M ALIVE," the song started, and he chuckled softly. "Not for much longer," he said, smiling for what seemed like the first time in a long time. Maybe seeing his parents was just the pick-me-up he'd needed after all.

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Ainsley stiffened when she heard the sudden yelling and string of curse words. Kyle. She didn't even have to look to see who it was. Being here for so long, Ainsley learned to pick up what characteristics she could from every patient she was forced to share space with. She mostly tried to not make eye contact with anyone, or get into anyone's way. That's what the nurses and doctors instructed her to do, over and over again.

"Oh my, the poor parents."

It was muttered, but Ainsley heard it clearly. She knew that her parents forgot that she was still listening, even though she seemed to be in her own little world. Were her mom and dad poor too because of her? Because she didn't talk? Because she couldn't get over her fears and sleep at night? She felt her eyes stinging with tears threatening to come, but she blinked quickly. She just wanted to go home, but that wasn't going to happen until the nightmares went away.

"Poor kid," she heard her father say. "Sometimes I think some kids don't deserve to be here..."Her hand was caressed by her father's calloused thumb. Maybe he thought she shouldn't be here, but what choice did they have? Ainsley was not the Ainsley they knew and loved before. She changed. They wanted the old Ainsley back so badly.

Ainsley stared at the banana bread in her lap. Maybe she would give some to Kyle later. Then again, it would probably be best to leave him alone. Ainsley didn't like to get yelled at, even though she seemed to take it well. People had their own crazy minds, and at age eleven, Ainsley knew everyone wasn't like her. She learned as well not to take things personally, no matter what. As soon as the girl heard footsteps approaching, her parents let go of her hands, and Ainsley tucked in her little loaf of bread away in her big sweater pocket. She didn't want it to be taken away. This was her last thing to comfort her before she went to sleep for who knew how long.

"Excuse me Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald. The doctor would like to have a word with you."

Soon, Ainsley felt the warm embrace from first her father, then her mother. When her mother hugged her though, Ainsley couldn't help but to hug her back, burying her head in her mother's chest. "I love you," she whispered so faintly. Despite the hell they put her through, Ainsley still loved her parents. She missed them so much.

Abruptly, Ainsley let go of her mother and walked back to the lobby with one of nurses, not looking back at her parents. She kept her head down, waiting for the nurse to scan her card to unlock the door to her pod, and let her in. As soon as the buzzer went off, Ainsley was let in back to the noises and string of different people. None of them were close to her age. All of them were a lot older than her. Except for one girl, but Ainsley didn't talk to her much.

She walked over to one of the couches in the corner, and sat down. She kept her eyes to the floor as she carefully took out her banana bread, unwrapped the plastic wrapping from it, and put a couple of pieces on her lap. She shoved the rest of it back in her sweater pocket, knowing that Trevor or someone else would probably take the whole thing if she left it out. Gingerly, she took one of the pieces of bread and began to nibble on it, her eyes staring off into nothing.

[​IMG]

"Checks!"

Nurse Rachel walked in with a clipboard in one hand, and a pen in the other. Checks was the time to check on everybody to make sure they were still here, not misbehaving too badly, and all their needs were met. She walked through the sea of children and teens, scanning for their name on the piece of paper before putting a check mark by their name. Nurse Rachel was one of the few nurses who actually connected with the patients, often times playing board games with them, watching TV with them, or playing video games. She even went as far as to comfort fears at night when she worked on the night shifts. But she was no pushover.

"Let's see, Trevor is... mostly keeping to himself. Trevor, keep the book to yourself!" She shook her head, muttering as she glanced around the room again. Leah was mindlessly playing with the game board pieces as usual, though Xyhol seemed to be trying to make conversation with her. She saw Kyla's grandparents leaving the pod, escorted by a nurse, and she knew that Sammy's parents were visiting as well. Ainsley just came back from the Visiting Room, and then she saw Kyle. One look, and she saw that there was a problem. One of the nurses gave him headphones with a cord on it. She hated to be the one to disturb Kyle, but it had to be done. No cords were allowed.

Tucking her pen away on the clipboard, Nurse Rachel came over to Kyle. She took out a pair of red wireless headphones from her apron, ones that fit comfortably over the ears and blocked out all noise, and tapped him on the shoulder. "Sorry Kyle, I need to trade with you," she said with somewhat of a smile, holding out the wireless headset. "Remember, just wireless headphones are allowed."

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

[​IMG]
    Kyle felt someone tap him on the shoulder and looked up. It was one of the nurses. He really didn't bother with names, but he'd seen her around, and he thought she was one of those 'goody-two-shoes' who tried her hardest not to piss anyone off -- and for good reason. He lowered the music and took out one of his headphones. "Sorry Kyle, I need to trade with you." She was holding two red wireless headphones, which looked really dumb, but he wasn't particularly in the mood to make another scene. "Remember, just wireless headphones are allowed." He scoffed and pulled his out from under his jacket, dropping them in the nurse's free hand before grabbing the ugly wire-free monstrosities. "Fine. Just don't break them." She walked off, a smile still on her face, and he plugged them into his player -- which he was glad to still have, since most other nurses would've gone into bitch-mode and taken it from him. He put them into his ears and proceeded to lie down on the couch. Before he started the song again though, he looked over and saw one of the younger kids sitting in the corner eating... what was that? Bread? Again, he didn't want to make a scene, but he was getting pretty hungry. He decided to indulge before they jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire and walked over to her, making sure the nurse was out of earshot. "Whatever you're eating, you mind if I get a bite? I could go for something that doesn't taste like dog shit." He didn't particularly like talking to people, but he would if he had to. In here, survival was the priority.

11. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

"Whatever you're eating, you mind if I get a bite? I could go for something that doesn't taste like dog shit."

Something rare happened then. The quiet, keep-to-self girl let out a soft giggle. Though the language was inappropriate, Ainsley couldn't help but to find some humor in it. The food here did somewhat resemble dog waste. She glanced up at Kyle, actually temporarily making eye-contact with him before she offered him a slice of banana bread. Her parents did bring some heaven into this hell, and banana bread was one of the things that made everything seem a little better. She wanted to talk, tell Kyle that she wanted to give him some in the first place, but then kept her mouth shut.

Her eyes fell back to her lap, and she ate her own slice quietly after giving Kyle his fair share. She didn't know what else to do. There were only one or two people she actually opened her mouth to, but only when nurses and doctors weren't looking. It was probably one of the reasons why she was here for so long, because she would not talk. Talking out fears was suppose to help. It just made Ainsley feel like she was drowning over and over again if she kept reliving that memory through words. And if she couldn't get it out with words, then she could forget about it for a while. Her memories, and nightmares, were too hard to face. She'd rather keep things to herself than to spill it out on others.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

[​IMG]
    Kyle heard the girl giggle, which was odd considering she didn't ever talk. He'd kept tabs on most of the patients and their, er, quirks, so he knew that she never made a sound. She made eye contact and held out a slice, which he accepted and hurriedly shoved into his jacket pocket. "Thanks," he replied and walked back over to the couch, sitting on the left side and turning the volume up on his music, occasionally tearing off a piece of the banana bread. It was good, and he felt calm, which was odd considering what awaited him in just a few hours.

13. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    DAY: 1 - 2/5 MOOD: Uncaring LOCATION: Main Pod

After that annoying little wench with the clackers finally left him alone, he returned to reading his book in relative peace. Even though she left, he could still hear the incessant clack-clack-clacking of those stupid, plastic balls. And her little comment when she left got him a little more than miffed. Hit harder? Oh, if the nurses weren't around he would've done a lot more than just hit her with the spine of his book. In fact, if he had access to more than just that book, it would've been something a lot longer and a lot harder that would've hit her in the head. Although, if need be, he would've hit her over the head with a frozen sausage. Whatever, at least she left him the fuck alone, for now.

As he continued to read his book in relative peace, Trevor started to feel a little hungry. He looked around the room filled with all of those unpleasant people he couldn't really stand. If only he could hit people with some kind of Sheer Heart Attack and make them drop dead, or at the very least blow them to shreds, he'd be a much happier guy. Oh well, no point quibbling over something he has no control. Though, just because he couldn't control it doesn't mean he has to like it. At any rate, the problem here was getting something to eat. As he scoped the main pod, the hungry sadist spotted that little blonde girl on the sofa nibbling at some bread. What was her name, Ainsley? Whatever it was, that bread looked as good as anything right now. With his sights set on the bread, he made his way over to her.

It was apparent that she had more than a few slices, since she shared it with some other guy. He didn't care to learn people's names at all. The aspect of actually giving enough of a shit to learn a person's name eluded him. Why learn names when you're just gonna forget them the next day? Or hell, even the next hour. Whatever, he was hungry, and there was bread available.

The moment he got up to her, he swiped a piece straight from her lap. "Don't mind if I do." He rested his elbow on top of her head and used her like an arm rest. It's not like she would really object or anything, he's seen her enough to know that she doesn't say anything at all. As he ate what he found out to be banana bread, the uncaring patient started to read his book again, his arm still resting on her head.

As he continued to read, he finished the piece of bread that he'd taken. It was good, that was for sure. That slice of bread would be good enough to last him a little while. He had some sticky fingers after finishing the banana bread. With no napkins or tissues at hand, he licked his fingers clean and wiped them off on his arm rest's sweater. After cleaning his fingers, he just kept reading his book like nothing unusual happened. Not that he cared about other people's feelings in the first place.​

14. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    { OOC ❀ TEMPORARY BANNER }

He promised he would be good and he would be damned if he didn't hold to that desperate plea to be let out. It was Visiting Day and likely the last day he would see his grandmother. As a precaution, they upped his medication. Normally, it wasn't needed because he rarely spent time around the other patients and nurses anyway, but visiting rules applied and they were confined to a room.

I don't like that you came to visit me. ◗ he said as he moved his chess piece to another space with a klak. ◖ This Miracle pill is utter nonsense to me and you're a dummy to condone it. ◗ His oddly mixed speech of childish words and a high school-level vocabulary didn't spare the elderly woman sitting across from him from a smile.

His eyes watched her fingers { ◖ You're getting old, halmeoni. ◗ } move a bishop that completed a trap and he raised his eyebrows and looked up at her to see the quirk of her lips. He narrowed his eyes.

Perhaps we should have played shogi instead. ◗ his halmeoni told him, her eyes crinkling with amusement.

Perhaps you shouldn't have come.

The woman seemed impassive at the blunt words as she moved the final piece. ◖ Checkmate.

I hate chess anyway.

With a calm look on his face, he moved his hand under the slightly elevated board and flipped it; the pieces clattered everywhere and eyes were attracted to him as the nurses looked on with caution. The lines of his face were laced with petulance as he felt disappointed that his halmeoni showed no signs of being affected. He flicked a piece at her forehead, but she only smiled. How did she do that? Control herself, he meant. He couldn't stand it, not really. It was dumb. Stupid. She was a big dummy idiot who came to visit him.

I really hate you, halmeoni. I won't be sad when you die.

She seemed to ignore him and instead reached for her bag and then brought out a ❀ white orchid and placed it on the table. The vines that were the flower's stem were clipped and he was disappointed at this { ◖ Do you think I'm going to strangle someone with the vines? I would have, if you would have left it. ◗ } but brightened up immediately when she got up to adjust his hair and slip the flower into the nook of behind his ear.

Her fingers ran fondly through his hair and he almost purred at the relaxing motion as she got up and lead him to one of the couches where she sat down and then laid his head on her lap. He nuzzled into her body warmth and curled up more next to her body. While her fingers ran through his hair his eyes lulled closed. Dumb halmeoni.

When he ripped apart the flower and sprinkled it on her hair, she simply tucked another one behind his ear.

He watched, hearing muted, as a doctor had come to talk to his halmeoni and felt a surge of jealousy that he was here talking to her. She had noticed his tensed body and then continued to run her fingers through his hair; he relaxed and then dozed off. The lack of relaxing, small circles on his scalp brought him to again and he sat up and rubbed at his eyes with balled fists.

Halmeoni . . . ? ◗ he asked, almost meekly. After a moment, he turned his head slightly to see a small pile of ❀ white orchids that were tinted with pinks, purples, and reds where his halmeoni had been sitting. She left him.

I hate that withering bitch anyway. ◗ he murmured { bitterly } as he picked up one of the ❀ white orchids and began to pick at its petals. Among the pile there was a ❀ pink rose.

He stood, gathered the flowers into a basket and then began to walk around the room, placing one next to { or on, in, around } all of the patients; the one with the banana bread, the one with the headphones, the two playing an annoying game of checkers { they both were no good at the game, he decided }, and finally, the one with the book, who he subsequently plopped down next to and then pulled an orchid and slipped it behind the book reader's ear like halemoni did to him.

It's not nice to take from other people without their permission. ◗ Elton began. ◖ The penalty for theft used to be chopping off the offenders hands. I think that would really suit you.

Elton proceeded to remove Trevor's elbow from Ainsley's head.

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

A feeling of dread washed over Ainsley as soon as a menacing shadow loomed over her. She knew who it was without even having to look up to see. One of the bullies, one of the menaces of this place. And none of the nurses liked to interfere with him much unless they absolutely had to.

"Don't mind if I do." The piece was swiped from her lap, just as she expected. Now he was going to leave her-

She felt a pressure on her head and hunched her shoulders. Oh no, he was using her as an armrest.Well, this was certainly new to her. Trevor never used her as an armrest before. She wanted to move him off of her, but her body was frozen. She just sat there and took it, trying so hard not to move a muscle. She kept quietly eating the banana bread that was in her hands, searching the room for the nurse that was just doing checks a minute ago. Nurse Rachel was gone though. It was just her, this big buffoon-

It's not nice to take from other people without their permission.

And Elton?

Ainsley actually glanced through her bangs at the second figure that was looming over her. Elton. He didn't act his age, but Ainsley didn't mind. But she did mind that he was actually trying to stand up to Trevor. Mean Trevor. Scary Trevor.

The penalty for theft used to be chopping off the offenders hands. I think that would really suit you.

And Elton was... threatening him?

What are you doing?! Ainsley wanted to yell at him, but her voice caught in her throat and instead she swallowed hard. She shook her head a bit, trying to warn Elton to just leave Trevor to do what he was doing. She didn't want to see Elton get punched in the face because of her. Or worse.

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

[​IMG]

Kyle opened his eyes, swallowing the piece of banana bread he'd been eating. He looked back over at the quiet girl, and noticed that there were two guys hovering over her. They were both older, and though one of 'em looked like he was telling off the other, she looked like someone just died. He sighed, figuring he owed her one, and sat up, seeing the white orchid beside him for a brief moment before walking toward all the commotion. He turned down his music just enough so he could hear things around him and got between the guys, putting his hands on their chests and pushing them away from each other. "If you jackasses have a problem, why don't you take it somewhere else? Some of us are trying to ignore our impending overdose over here." He glared at both the bookworm and flower boy menacingly before pushing them both away from the girl. He looked down at her, his face more neutral, and took a seat adjacent to her instead of returning to his couch. He turned his music back up only slightly, just in case the need to break up anything else arose. The last thing he needed was one of the bitch nurses coming in and confiscating his stuff again.

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]

Elton recognized the expression of impending doom on Ainsley's face, but he wasn't one to be scared of others regardless of how withdrawn he was. ◖ Fear is really ugly. ◗ he told her with a slight frown. ◖ It's also pathetic if you let this big meanie bully you.

He poked her nose playfully.

A brief moment later, he was immediately zoned in on the person approaching them. Kyle, one of the more violent patients. Elton tilted his head to see the condition of his ❀ orchid; it was still intact. A hand was placed on his chest and harsh words were spoken. Elton wasn't sure why this idiot thought he was harassing Ainsley.

I really wish you wouldn't touch me so familiarly. ◗ Elton said plainly as he sat back down on the couch next to the smaller girl. ◖ My medication was upped in dosage, so I'm practically harmless now. I would have really hurt you otherwise. ◗ Just for effect, he lightly pinched Kyle, and then looked back at Ainsley pointedly ◖ Cowardliness isn't becoming of you, so you should be less pathetic in the future.

Footsteps stopped in front of him and he saw - ◖ Halmeoni . . . ◗ Elton abruptly stood and shot a narrowed glance at the nurse beside her who looked a bit abashed by his expression. ◖ You should have told me you were going to talk to one of the dumb nurses, halmeoni. I'll stab the next one you talk to if you don't tell me.

The nurse flinched, but his halmeoni simply inclined her head with a smile, and then looked at Kyle and Ainsley. ◖ Elly, I think you should apologize for saying such rude things to the little girl.

A frown graced Elton's pale face and then he flicked his grandmother in the face. ◖ I was only telling her the truth.

Not everyone can be like you, darling.

The look he sent Ainsley was slightly disgusted and he rolled his eyes, but his stupid halmeoni was annoyingly stubborn, and so he bowed lightly. ◖ I'm only apologizing to you because she told me to. It doesn't change anything. ◗ He looked at Kyle next. ◖ You really shouldn't touch me like I did something wrong.

A small sigh escaped the elderly woman's lips and she grabbed her grandson's hand and led him away from the pair of patients. Elton's eyes fell on the ❀ orchid again and he immediately grabbed it, ran back to Kyle, tucked it behind his ear like he had to Trevor, and then ran back to his halmeoni who smiled fondly at him.

Another game of chess? ◗ she asked. Elton nodded vigorously.

18. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    DAY: 1 - 2/5 MOOD: Who the fuck do these pricks think they are!? LOCATION: Main Pod
    WARNING: The following post contains heavy use of profanity and threats. Reader discretion is advised.

As Trevor was minding his own business reading his book and resting his arm on his newly found arm rest, somebody slipped some kind of flower behind his ear. That was annoying enough had that been the only thing that happened. In fact, he might've let it go if placing the flower was the only thing the kid did. The dumbass had to go and open his fat mouth too.

It's not nice to take from other people without their permission. This little twat had the gall to call him out. The penalty for theft used to be chopping off the offenders hands. I think that would really suit you. And now he was threatening him. Hats off to the stupid fuck kid who thinks a little threat is gonna stop him. So his first offense is that he randomly placed some stupid fucking flower behind his ear without so much as a word of warning. His second is that the little cunt actually threatened him. And the third is that he is physically forcing his arm of his little arm rest.

"If you jackasses have a problem, why don't you take it somewhere else? Some of us are trying to ignore our impending overdose over here." All of a sudden, some dickweed came up to the two of them and shoved them apart. Another person butting his head where it has no fucking business being. The prospect of two shitheaded guys suddenly interacting with him like he should give a fuck about anything that comes out of their cum-guzzling shit holes is laughable. What's more, this new guy gave some kind of weird look. If that was supposed to be a mean look, the motherfucker needed to try harder. It was a pitiful attempt at looking intimidating.

After that, the little twat went over to the arm rest and started talking about fear and bullying or some bullshit like that. It sounded like a whole lot a shi that can go right back up his ass. Afterwards, the little fairy boy put a flower behind the new dude's ear and ran off back to his grandmother or whoever the fuck like a little pussy. Whatever, although he still aggravated him to no end, the little bitch.

Now he turned his attention backed to Mr. Sir Henry Motherfucker over here or whatever the fuhis actual name was. "Well, you seem to think you're so tough, you little cockhole. He stood up as he spoke. "I'm not even gonna fuss over that prissy little fairy boy over there eating out his grandma or whatever the fuck he's doing because he left." He stood over the girl he kept calling his arm rest. "But you decided to stay, even after that failed attempt of a glare, you rotten, little bitch. And you know, shit like that pisses me off. People who think that their opinions actually fucking matter to me. News flash, dumbfuck, I don't even give two squirts of piss about what you think or if you have a problem with me." Trevor reached over and grabbed the girl by the hair. "In fact, because you seem to think your opinion matters to me," He pulled her and threw her onto the floor. "Why don't you tell me how you feel about this?!" At the end of his sentence, he put his foot on top of the little whore's head.

As he held his foot on top of her head, he ground his heel into her head. "C'mon. Go ahead. Tell me what your stupid shit opinion about me is. Go on. Tell me." He waited to hear a response from the little bitch standing in front of him. "Hmm?" He mocking held his hand up to his ear, pretending to try to hear him better. "Uh, what's that? Are you saying something, you little waste of space felchberger?" The grinding of his foot started to get faster. "Well, I'm waiting, assmuncher. What's it gonna be? What do you think is so important that I should listen to whatever dick-for-brain idea you have? I think it's guys like you who try to look tough that end up screaming like virgins."

19. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[/url]
    Bon Jovi sang. "This ain't a song for the broken-hearted." This song isn’t for me, but I like it…’ She replied to Jon internally. She heard a knock at her door. She immediately knew who it was simply by a signature pattern of the rapping. Come in, Grandpa. She said, lying relaxed in her bed, and she nodded her head to the music.

Just checking in again. Gramma and I are going to hang around for a few hours. The doctors say there’s progress. He smiled.

She frowned.I know a lie when I hear one.

Alright, you caught me. It’s not so impossible though, for you to overcome your fears. I remember a frightened little girl who hated clowns and running water. He said this with kind resolve.

Two down, a million to go. And the meds don’t help any one of them.

You didn’t need medication before. I remember exactly how you overcame them both. Do you? His hands were shaking again and he felt uneasy. Henry took a seat in a nearby chair and held his hands, one in the other.

I do. Her words were empty. She did remember, but she didn’t want to admit she was that strong early on, but couldn’t do a damn thing now against her rebelling mind. ‘How long before my brain turns to mush… I faced them.

Henry barked with laughter. That you did, Kyla. Oh, well, the sound your grandmother made when she found you, six years old, trying on make-up; you looked more like Bozo, though. You told us why. I want to know why they do it” Is what you said. Your curiosity got the better of your repression.

Kids are pretty curious creatures. There was isolation in her words. She was no longer a child.

I think you still have that curiosity inside of you, Kyla. The shakes were getting worse. He reached across and held her hand and looked her gently in the eyes as if to tell her: I’m not going to be around forever. The stare she gave back confirmed the receivable message. If you can conquer two, you can conquer millions. He released his firm grip with these wise words and a kiss upon her brow, he left the room as his legs started to ache; his marked hurry and more left Kyla shaken.

Better stand tall when he’s calling you out. Don’t bend, Don’t break. Baby, don’t back down. Jon Bon Jovi encouraged his own two cents vicariously through the stereo as Kyla tried to wrap her head around the concept. It’s my life, and it’s now or never; I ain’t gonna live forever!

It’ll be as easy as placing my hands under the faucet… She told herself. It’ll also be as easy as jumping head first off a tall building, but… She choked.

It’s-My-Life! Bon Jovi punctuated and allowed Kyla the power she needed to get out of bed and open the door that had been stoppered open by a eyeglass case which Kyla recognized and picked up as she walked out of the room; she clutched her stereo close to her chest for comfort. As she shut her door, “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson accompanied her walk to the Visitors’ Center; the song literally played directly into her heart the whole way until she saw her way there. She was there. Where people were. People she didn’t know. Her eyes opened wide almost as soon as they shut. She wanted to throw her stereo somewhere; just run away and try to find someplace where there weren’t so many unfamiliar faces. She wanted to scream. She only fulfilled one of those bodily requisites, as any of the formers would leave her without sound. With a muffled, inaudible scream she bit back until her lip bled from self-infliction, she crashed to her knees and tried to block out the chatter she heard all around her.No it’s not easy to tell you goodbye, gotta take a wish, take a chance, make a change and Breakaway.She tried, but the attempt was slowly corroding at her psyche; she was being broken away.

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

WARNING: VERY EXPLICIT CONTENT FOLLOWS
    READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
    [​IMG]

He looked at the two boys, still eyeing them. The flower kid whose name he couldn't be bothered to know said he could've and would've tried to kill him had he not been on his meds, and to be honest, he believed it. Lots of the people here needed meds to curb mood swings or depression, maybe even the suicidal hallucination, but the pinch he'd given him still pissed him off. Then there was the book kid. This little prick took it ten steps too far, acting like such a pretentious fuck, and apparently trying to rival even Kyle in terms of cussing. But then he did something batshit insane. He grabbed the girl and pushed her to the ground. "C'mon. Go ahead. Tell me what your stupid shit opinion about me is. Go on. Tell me." He stood up from his seat almost immediately, on the verge of losing it completely. What he'd shown his parents earlier was the tip of the iceberg, and he could probably burn the whole fucking building down if he were provoked. Something told him this cocky little dipshit was about to push him that far. "Hmm?" The little cocksucker put his hand to his ear to rile him up, and boy did it work. Kyle walked closer, and with every step he took, he could almost feel his fist smash into this no good, shit eating, son of a motherfucking whore's jaw. He could almost feel the warm blood of such a 'fearless' pussy on his knuckles, dripping from his nose and the broken jaw alike. At least that way he'd shut up. "Uh, what's that? Are you saying something, you little waste of space felchburger? Well, I'm waiting, assmuncher. What's it gonna be? What do you think is so important that I should listen to whatever dick-for-brain idea you have? I think it's guys like you who try to look tough that end up screaming like virgins."
    "You wanna know what's so important?" He took his headphones out and moved all his valuables into his back pocket, scoffing all the while. "Oh, I'll tell you. It's the fact that hypocritical, condescending, power hungry shit-for-brains morons like you still roam this God-forsaken waste of space." He quickly kicked him in the leg, making sure it was far away from the girl's face, and put his own leg in front of her head, making sure to stand firm. "And who said I was trying to look tough? I'm just generally irritable, and I don't go fucking up anyone who isn't asking for it." He walked forward and shoved the little twat into the wall, pressing down on his chest and left arm with his right arm and holding down his right with his left. "You know, I've found that the guys with the biggest egos tend to have the smallest dicks. And a little word of advice: the trick to getting laid is not to kill the bitch you plan on banging." He briefly looked down at the girl, still scared to death, and glared at the little fuck in front of him again. "You might wanna go to your room... and lock the door. Now." If this pussy wanted to go, he'd be happy to oblige, but Kyle sure as hell wouldn't be the one to hit first. He could've sworn he heard Breakaway playing faintly, but despite the fact that it was a terrible song, he didn't pay too much attention to it. After all, he had bigger problems to deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.