Traditional Art ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Kites, May 20, 2012.

1. Kites Chaser

i decided to test out my brother's tablet for giggles. these are two OCs, i kinda just drew them without anyone specific in mind. they both are intentionally cartooney so the "realistic" proportions shouldn't really apply here..i think lol. anywho, just thought i'd show you all my doodles :3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I really like the second one, I mean- he has no feet and his elbows are quite round but he is just really cool. You have given him a character bizarrely and even though he's quite simplistic, the dark pink goes well with the black and white. His hair has flow and overall he just looks like a very good doodle.

As for the first one, I'm not a huge fan of the colour of the hair (but that's just me) and it seemed quite strange to see someone without a neck or a body but once you get around that the facial features are done very well. The shading in the cheeks is really nice and her eyes have character- that is a lot of mascara she has on xD but I like it to be honest, it gives her a more feminine look. I persume the line coming down the middle of her face is her nose? If it is, it seems quite high up- this is my main concern really because the flow of the hair and all the shading is executed beautifully for a quick doodle. Keep it up, practise some more doodling- I like them :)

3. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Julia, these are so gorgeous and adorable!!

I love the style that it's in.

The second piece is just amazing. I want to have it on a notebook or a shirt or something. I love its simplicity and the splash of the pink colour. And I love the touch with the bandage. I don't know why, but I just find it so incredibly cute.

As for the first, I would have liked to see it sharper. Like, I really love how you've drawn the eyes - especially the lashes but the rest of the image doesn't really go together too well because the lines of everything else is rather blurry and smooth as to tight and crisp like the eyes. I do love how you've colour this though. I really enjoy the colours and how you've got a good direction with the lighting and shadows. It's still super cute and lovely overall.

Amazing work. These are so amazing c:
    <3

4. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

The first drawing reminded me of Nicki Minaj... but aside from that they're pretty good for doodles :)

You could always try re drawing them but this time using a pencil and paper instead of a tablet. You might not be into that but it's good to start adding detail to drawing with shading etc.

Apart from that they're both very cute and i hope you post more in the graphics section because i hardly see you in here xD

Good Job *Thumbs up*

5. Kites Chaser

thanks everyone for your responses! i do usually draw with pencil and paper and am MUCH better at it that this tablet, but yeah since i have a scanner now i can probably post more things that i have drawn in the past/will draw in the future. otherwise, yeah the elbows are a bit round on the boy, but it was my intention to draw someone sort of childlike and cartoonish like you see in children's stories, or in other words, capture how a child would draw the human body since i think it's much cuter n _ n dinny i too would like it on a shirt! as for the first one, i wanted to upload it before i was finished (which explains the no body/neck, etc.) but i still have the .psd file for it so i can go back and take your suggestions with me and make it better. thank you very much guys i shall post more things in the graphics section!! we need to liven this place up :3