нєяє υηтιℓ ιт αℓℓ єη∂ѕ

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by cstar, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    ooc thread

"Hello this is Channel 7 reporting strange activity across he eastern seaboard of North America. Over 2,000,000 people have reported seeing thousands of unidentified flying objects flying across from south to north. Their descriptions seem to indicate the crafts are not airplanes and rather, they look almost as if they were trains in the sky. The United States military has not yet confirmed-"

"An interview with Dr. Martin Solemner today revealed that this strange superbug they are now called the Musa Virus now appearing in Latin American countries may in fact have an origin not seen on this planet before. While four countries are now under lockdown scientists may predict this infection spreading may turn into a worldwide pandemic. Scientists are now trying their best to determine some sort of-"

"This is an important news update. The country of Germany was just attacked by what we can only assume right now are nuclear bombs. We have not heard any immediate updates from anyone within the country but when everything is settled people will be going in hoping to find survivors. The last news heard was that the unidentified flying objects earlier suddenly surrounded the country before the weapons of mass destruction were deployed. We are waiting to hear something from the attackers."

"Well Don, If I knew any better I'd believe a terrorist attack hit the Germans. Perhaps the massive amounts of xenophobia and islamophobia have gotten them back."
    "Mark you are ridiculous, if it was in fact islamophobia getting to them America would have been their primary target with all of that technology."
    "Or perhaps they knew not to mess with Ameri-"

"We are the Qlokregh, translated in your tongue we would be known as The Higher Ones. We have grown intolerant of this world's lack of progress, or perhaps we are just bored. To all you humans, we, whom you may know under the English coined term 'Aliens', we are here. And we do have the intent to harm. Within a month, we will destroy this tiny, insignificant planet of yours... so treasure the little time you have. Unless you plans were to fight us? We don't feel that is necessarily the best approach. But go ahead and try.

We aren't going to wait for you though."

[​IMG]

2. Aelin Best Waifu

"Trash. All of this is utter trash and made up nonsense. I swear. Aliens aren't real and you are stupid for believing so.... Oh who am I kidding the proof is in the sky, in peoples bodies, and on the news. There is no other explanation." Drew, a former cop sighed before taking a swig of his drink. He looked around his beat up apartment. "One month huh? One month left to live, if that? What is it all for?" Drew asked as he paced the apartment picking up a picture of a couple kids. At one point he wanted to adopt them after they lost both their parents. He didn't have a wife, to help him take care of them, she had left him a couple years before, but he still believed he could help them. However whenever he saw the boy, Colton he could see the hate in the boys eyes. The boy despised him cause he was there for Tasha more than he was. So instead he got them out of the foster system, a task that cost him his job.

"I wonder how you are doing Tasha. I heard your bother passed away a year ago now." He spoke to the picture looking at the blonde haired girl in a pink dress. He knew that was not what she was like anymore. Since the accident she had dyed her hair black and changed her outfit choices. However he didn't have a picture of the kids after the crash, just one from before that he got during his investigation into the crash that had killed the two kids parents. Drew stared at the photo a moment longer, she had just been able to get her life back on track. Half way though college and it was all going to end. "Damn it! Damn it all!" He yelled out before chugging the last of his rum and throwing the empty bottle against a wall, causing it to shatter into pieces that flew everywhere including back at him. One of the shards cut his arm and Drew winced in pain but ignored it. He stepped through the shards of broken glass to get to his cupboard of alcohol and take another bottle out, this time of whiskey. He had next to no other food in his house. As Drew paced his apartment drinking his whiskey rather quickly, he left a trail of blood behind him from his feet. Blood also dripped down his arm. The once handsome man now had quite the scruffy beard, longer hair, a bit of fat that was never there before and dark rings under his eyes. He didn't look too good.

Finishing an entire bottle of whiskey he went back to his cupboard grabbing the rest of his alcohol stash out of it and stumbled back to his couch, setting it all down on the table in front. "Well if the world is going to end. I have nothing else to live for now. No one left to see. Guess I will spend it with my old friends." He said as he looked over to the bottles of alcohol on his table. Selecting the vodka he opened a new bottle and began to drink that one as well. It didn't take him long to lose track of how much he drank or what he was doing. He began to pass in and out of consciousness but each time he gained consciousness he attempted to drink as much as possible before throwing up. This cycle repeated for a while, each time he found it harder to breath, and concentrate, his skin began to feel cold and clammy. But it was all that he had left. Alcohol, his only constant friend. It was only a matter of time before he passed out, never to awake again. The alcohol had so much effect on his system from drinking such high amounts that his heart and brain stopped functioning, leaving Drew Wendel, dead, most likely not to be found for a while, on the couch of his apartment, cause of death, alcohol poisoning.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Teliana had tossed the backpack onto her bed, and now she began to quickly roll up clothing and stuff it in. "Two pairs of jeans, one pair of sweat pants, four bras, four pairs of underwear, three pairs of socks, a sweater, and four pairs of shirts, two short sleeved, two long sleeved." She murmured as she stuffed the items in. She had given her little sister the same list, along with some books for entertainment in the extra space. Veera had protested the lack of electronic devices, but when Teliana pointed out they still had their phones, she quit whining. Teliana dropped to the floor and reached underneath her bed, grabbing the extra flashlight and batteries she kept underneath. She shoved that in and dragged herself to the bathroom, where she took up the rest of the space with the medical kit and her toiletries.
    "Only what you need." She told Veera as she passed by the younger girl's room, zipping up her backpack and tossing it into the back of the car. In her haste, she nearly forgot to grab the satchel of food she had packed, and ran back in the house, grabbing that as well and tossing it into the back seat. They would have to stop and hopefully find more. She paced as she waited for Veera before settling against the Prius, fiddling with the keys.
    They hadn't heard from their mother or father for two days. Mom had told her this was bad. Ana knew with her gut it was. They had to get out, and go to the cabin. It was isolated enough that they might be safer. Plus, their dad kept his guns out there....She looked up as Veera stepped outside of the house and gently placed her backpack into the back of the car.

"Ana, what do you think it all means?" Veera wrung her hands nervously, Her older sister, Teliana, shrugged her shoulders and shut the trunk of the car. "All I know is, Sis, the cabin seems our best bet." She swung the car keys around her forefinger nonchalantly, playing off what Veera thought was a slightly more serious situation. Veera opened the passenger seat and dropped in, crossing her arms across her chest as she blew the hair out of her face. "Well I wish you would take it more serious." She muttered as Teliana took her time staring at the house they had shared before getting into the vehicle. She wished Teliana showed any kind of seriousness about this at all. Their parents were sick, and had checked themselves into the hospital. It had been two days since they had heard anything. Teliana had made the executive decision that they needed to leave, and so both girls had packed a small backpack, taking some warm clothing, and toiletries. Veera packed books into hers while Teliana put emergency supplies like flash lights and the med kits. Veera didn't ask why they were packing as such, she just did it.
    Veera watched as her sister pressed the key into the ignition, her hands shaking slightly before turning it over, the small Prius humming to life. Maybe she's taking it seriously after all. Veera turned to look out the window, watching their home slowly fade into the distance as she clutched her hands around the single momento she had allowed herself to bring, that of a single photograph of their family.

Zack walked along the side of the road, his head bent and his hands stuffed in his pocket. He had been walking for days, had left the camp he had been staying at when one of the people started coughing. He didn't trust it, didn't trust any of them after that. He wanted to survive this. He had seen what the disease had done to those it infected, and he wanted no part in that death. No...if he was going to die, he wanted it to be his choice. Or at least quicker then that. A sigh, and he looked up to try and gauge how much daylight he had left. A couple of hours, hopefully. He put his head back down and kept going. Maybe, if someone who wasn't sick drove by, he would try to get a ride. Or else this could take forever.

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"Mutter?" a small German boy of eight called from the rubble he'd been buried under following the recent strike. He could not see. He was so confused. Why was it so silent? "Mutter?" Surely, she'd have dug him out and held him when things were scary. And this was so much scarier than anything ever before. It was a series of booms, screams, and sweeping silence.

Silence held the air before a small bit of light hit his teary eyes. A warm, gentle hand patted around bits of building before finding refuge in blond hair as soft as duck fur. The little boy breathed a sigh of relief, as best he could. Finally, his mother had found him. "Mutter...
    Ich habe An-"

"Nein, nein mein starker Junge. Keine Tränen," she replied, her voice hushed and sad. What he could not see was her frame below that of the fallen door frame. Her legs and hip bones were crushed beneath them, and her face bloodied where the roof had crumbled on her head. She'd been nearly blinded on the impact --- the world had become shapes and colors without lines --- and was crawling and praying to find and give solace in what she knew were the last few moments.

He could not, but she saw the bomb. It was not a clear sight, but it radiated. It seemed to be charging and nearly ready. Though the bomb was about as tall as a three men and wider around than the height of one man, and it looked as alien as it really was, it could be felt that these would be the last few moments for a small spot on the Earth. A massive weapon speaks a Universal language.

She stroked his face and burst into tears. What was happening? Such a brittle, little hope it was to have found him.

"Guten Abend, gute Nacht,
    mit Rosen bedacht,
    mit Näglein besteckt,
    schlupf unter die Deck:
    Morgen früh,
    ..."

She cried and broke down. She couldn't continue the lyric. It was too Ironic to utter. She soldered on, but softer. She was talking more than singing, and whispering more than talking; it was a try of all three, where each was the only sound possible.

"Morgen früh, wenn... Gott will,
    wirst du... wieder geweckt,
    "

Her voice was more and more like an out-of-tune flute; squeaky and hoarse.

"Morgen früh, wenn Gott will,
    wirst du wieder ge-."

The block was consumed in a white burst of intense energy. Sweeping away matter like a hot wave, it made no sound or made one for nobody alive to hear it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  5. Aelin Best Waifu

"You are going to be okay..." A young mother whispered to her daughter who was being held in the hospital. With the invasion came a disease, this disease was contracted by her three year old daughter, Evangelina.
    "I want to see dad...." Evangelina said as she slowly opened her eyes after taking a nap. It seemed that all she did now and days was sleep and occasionally eat, but she had not been too hungry lately. The girls skin was slowly becoming purple, every day it darkened, however her other systems weren't getting too much worse. Her heart was still functioning fine but her breathing seemed to be getting more difficult, soon enough she would need aid with breathing.
    "Dad is at home. He is taking care of Sandy. You don't want Sandy to get lonely do you?" Sandy, the family dog. This was not the reason for Evangelina's father, her husband to stay at home. It had become dangerous, terrifying to go outside, so bother of them made a decision to stay where they were for the time being. If Evangelina got worse or if the situation with the alien things got worse then he would come. He wasn't going to let any of them die without the family being together.
    "It hurts mommy, my tummy hurts." The young girl complained as tears welled in her eyes. Her mother wasted no time pressing the button to call in the doctor.
    "Yes Mrs. Willson?" One of the nurses said with a warm smile as she entered the room.
    "She complained that her stomach is hurting again. Can we get some medicine for that or something?" Evangelina's mom asked as she brushed the hair from Evangelina's incredibly warm face, she seemed to always be burning up now.
    "Of course." The nurse said going to a table on the other side of the room, finding a syringe and vile that she needed before filling the syringe and sent the medicine through the girls I.V. tube. She then walked over and changed the channel on the tv from the news to some cheery kids show. "She doesn't need to be watching that, not while going through this." The nurse said softly to Mrs. Willson.
    "I know. I was just hoping for news about a cure, not about a lock down." Mrs. Willson told the nurse understandably distressed. She cursed everyday that they were in the hospital, the day that she decided to move their family from the States a year ago to try another culture.
    "They will find a cure, I promise. Until then be strong for her." The nurse indicated to Evangelina who was on the verge of sleeping once again. The girl couldn't do much anymore besides sit in bed. She couldn't even focus really. She was just slept and cried when the pain was too much to sleep. No child should ever have to endure that.

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]

Paranoid. Hermit. Weirdo. Conspiracy Theorist. Recluse. None of these words were anything new to Maybelle. She had been hearing the uttered by most everyone that had ever come in contact with her for her entire life. None of this was anything new. The words didn't hurt her anymore. They were just words and she was right. Everyone mocked and teased her, but when shit started to get weird two years ago, she was one of the first out of the city. She grabbed her doomsday bag and booked it to her cabin in the woods. At first it was just a matter of riding out the disease. Maybe only used bottled water and spent little time near others. Whenever she had to go to the grocery store, there was always a mask on her face. She couldn't risk it. People were getting sick, turning purple, and dying. There was still no honest answer as to what was causing this epidemic, just lots of speculation. She couldn't risk being another number on the charts about how many have lost their lives to the unknown plague, not when she had prepared.

Two years of little interaction started to make her a bit awkward. Maybe was a weird person to begin with and when weird people had no social connections, they became weirder. Her hair grew long and wild. She had deep conversations with the forest critters about the nuclear explosions. The word alien hardly fazed her when she heard the strange voices on the radio. She was utterly numb. They were going to die in a month. If only someone had listened to her sooner. Why was it so hard to believe that there were other intelligent lifeforms out there somewhere? The universe was infinite. Far beyond the reaches of our best technology held a world where a more advanced being lived. She would have loved to see it, given the opportunity. Now, however, they were all going to die. Surviving the plague was meaningless now.

If only there was something that could be done. Even if the entire worlds' leaders banned together, they wouldn't be able to do anything. That flying train-like spaceship was visible in the sky, but the aliens were probably at zero risk being even that close to the humans. They weren't afraid. If they had anything to fear, they wouldn't have come here. Or at the very least, they wouldn't have come hostile. This was a being that could dominate and destroy them. They already were. Parts of the world were being blown up and other parts were being riddled with disease. They were probably giving mankind a month to live as their own sick twisted joke. They could destroy the earth in much less time than that. This was about pleasure. They were enjoying watching the people of Planet Earth suffer and it made Maybe sick to think about. Instead, she would just sit there in the snow drawing pictures of the world ending.

[​IMG]
    DAY: ONE OOC: ___ INTERACTION: ___

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

"There's been a recent outcry of people asking for the Governments to band together to try and come up with some sort of deal with these aliens. There is a heavy push to fight back with our own tech but we are unsure if whether or not that will work."

~~~~~

In the middle of the city of Little Rock, Arkansas, a man stepped up on top of a stool and shouted, "My fellow humans, brothers and sisters alike. All of you do not need to prepare for the end of the world. For I have received a message from the skies."

People turned in curiousity, this person seemed to have a confidence to their voice that was drawing them in. He continued saying, "Just a few months ago, I was taken by those above. The Higher Ones. While the event was hazy based on whatever they did, they left me with a message to earth. On the day their fire reigned down upon us, I was to gather those of strong will and body together in faith to bask in their glory and higher understanding. They know of many worlds, and they are willing to take those under their wing that have shown they have opened their eyes to their understanding. If we join and open ourselves to them, they will show us their way, and show us mercy and allow us humans to live on even if the world is gone."

The man had gathered a decent sized crowd and said, "If you do not believe my story, I understand, to you it must sound ridiculous or like I am conning you. But I can assure you my story is real."
    "Prove it!" A woman shouted from the back of the crowd. He grinned widely and pulled a charm out. It looked so strange and alien, and let out a glow from no determinable source.

"My name is Noah Mackey, please follow me and the Higher Ones will lead us to a life beyond our understanding..."

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

They had arrived some time in the night. It was a three bedroom cabin out in the middle of the woods, with a large lake in walking distance. Teliana had been surprised more people hadn't tried to escape here. Perhaps they had already gotten sick. Perhaps they were scared. Or perhaps, as the radio broadcasts had been suggesting, they were following a man called Noah something. He sounded like a kook, and Ana had turned the radio off before Veera had stopped moping and actually started paying attention. As much as Ana knew Veera wasn't a child, she couldn't help but be the overprotective sister.

Now, she tossed her backpack onto the musty quilt before opening a window to let some of the fresh air in. It was quiet, and peaceful out here. She could only hope it would stay that way.

Veera was busy sweeping the main interior of the cabin. It had a bathroom for each bedroom, but the building itself was based on one floor, making it relatively easier to clean. Ana had cautioned her against opening too many windows, in case of an emergency. What kind of emergency her older sister was thinking of, Veera didn't know. Ana had always been made for the apocalypse; reading survival guides and manuals and keeping the med and emergency kits stocked. In this situation, she knew more, and Veera listened. It just didn't make it any easier that Ana didn't tell Veera exactly what they should be afraid of. Or how mom and dad were doing.

She wondered as she swept if she should try to call them. Mom had promised to send them a text if things had changed, but that had been days ago. Surely they would be getting better, on their way home now? They would be worried if they got back and the two girls weren't there.
    Teliana will take care of it. Veera told herself as she finished sweeping the dust out into the night air before shutting the door. Ana came out to help her lock up, before both siblings retired to their rooms. Neither of them got any sleep.

Zack found an overpass, and crept into the smallest area he could before falling asleep. The cement may have bothered him at one point, but those days were long gone. Now, he only needed to slow his breathing before he passed out, legs aching from exhaustion and his brain only too happy to go to the happy life that only remained in his dreams.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

"At least she is trying to eat today." Mrs. Willson said to the nurse as she paced around the halls. The nurse that took care of her young daughter had finally convince the mother to leave her side and go for a walk. They walked together leaving the three year old to her pudding.
    "You know worrying and staying by her side like you have is putting you at health risks too. I know that going outside doesn't seem like a good idea right now but at least get up and walk. She wouldn't be going anywhere and she is in good hands. We will take care of her." The nurse said to Mrs Willson. "Now if you excuse me I have a couple other patients to check up on. The nurse said, leaving the young mother to her walk.

Meanwhile Evangelina sat in her room eating chocolate pudding and watching one of her favourite children cartoons about a girl and a giant red dog. Clifford, she wanted to name their dog after Clifford but her mother had said no and that Clifford was a boys name not a girls name, so the settled on Sandy. Though she was sick from a sickness brought by aliens, Evangelina still seemed blissfully unaware of what that actually meant. That being said she was only three so it would be a stretch for her to comprehend it at all. The young girl was just trying to enjoy her life despite being in the hospital and always tired. "Someone play with me!" Evangelina called out. She was an only child and used to getting whatever she wanted, in this case she wanted to be entertained. She just hoped someone heard her.

~~~~~
    "Really after spending so much time and money to get through school to get a great career, the world is going to end with in three months of me officially finishing. Damn aliens and damn them wanting to end the world." The young man Carson strolled past a mob of people that were rioting wanting the government to fix the disaster that was the alien attack. "Idiots can you not see how much more advanced their technology is? We are all screwed so you better start saying your goodbyes now. What in the world do you think we can do about it. Just look in the sky that should tell you enough." Carson grumbled to himself as he walked carrying his school books, debating if he wanted to keep them. School was canceled for now, and if the threats were true then he didn't need them. That being said if the threats did prove false or the human race somehow won out then he would need them again. He figured it wouldn't hurt to carry them around a little longer. Finally after a while of walking, avoiding rioting people, Carson entered a local bar to meet some friends. May as well have fun in the little time that he had left.

10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Bump post.
    The man walked down the road, his tattered coat held tightly around him. He didn't make eye contact and he didn't look up as he entered the small building. Inside, people had gathered to make food out of the small means they had collected. A shelter, of sorts. He had once been one of them. Now, he looked at them with disgust. After Noah Mackey's preachings, he was ready to help usher these people, his friends, out of this world. Anything to save them from the heretical threat of aliens.

He pulled out a timer, with a small, home made button on the side. Taking a deep breath, he paused to pray for all of their souls, before jamming his thumb down.

The explosion could be seen from miles away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.