Kingdom Hearts III
Viewing only articles tagged with "Kingdom Hearts III".
After conducting an initial interview with Famitsu, the publication conducted a follow-up interview with 'Kingdom Hearts' series director, Tetsuya Nomura, where he clarifies comments he made in earlier interviews that may have been misinterpreted in Japan, as well as more info on KH3 worlds in general, including the Toy Story world. Check out the fully translated interview below (credit to Saken of KHInsider):
In yet another interview following the major KH3 news reveal this past weekend at D23 Expo, 'Kingdom Hearts' director, Tetsuya Nomura, got to speak with Ryan Brown of the Daily Mirror. This time though, the questions are from fans of the KH series, with Nomura's responses to them ranging from interesting to hilarious. Check out the interview below:
- (In response to the question of around when in 2018 Kingdom Hearts III will be released) “Please wait for the proper followup report. (Smiles.)”
- Nomura wanted a Toy Story world in Kingdom Hearts since around Kingdom Hearts II. For Kingdom Hearts III, there have been repeated negotiations as its inclusion was of absolute necessity.
- The Toy Story world is set after Toy Story 2. It isn’t a parallel world. Rather, the events of Kingdom Hearts III are part of the Toy Story time axis. (In other words, it is canon.)
- While it is not shown in the trailer, at the start Sora is mistaken for a character in the latest game to be released in this world.
- The Toy Story staff were considerably surprised at the reproduction quality of the Toy Story characters in-game.
- Nomura told the development team he wanted riding and fighting in a mech early in development. A different mechanism is being prepared for when you go to another floor in Galaxy Toys.
- The Big Hero Six world is progressing well, but news on that is still down the line.
- While the number of Disney worlds are less than the amount included in Kingdom Hearts II, the density of each world is greater, including gameplay. **
- “Although there are parts [of Final Fantasy VII Remake] further along than Kingdom Hearts III, such as cutscenes, it is unlikely we’ll share information for a while as we switch from mainly external to mainly internal development.”
- KH1: 9
- KH2: 12
- BBS: 7
- DDD: 5
Translation of the first half of the interview is now available:
Added the rest of the translated interview above.
Page 1 of 18