Yugioh Zexal

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Iskandar, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I just watched the first episode for this show, and I really don't know what to say. I mean, all the first episodes in the other series didn't cut in the middle of the first duel. Kinda rediculous right there. And I'm not all for the way they do the duels in this one. I liked the turbo duels or just the older version of duel disks. This one is just a little over the top. Not too mention, those eye piece things are really weird.
    I hope this show has a good story, because if it's not, I must give up on yugioh.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i happened to be awake at the time so i caught the show as well. i agree, i myself also hate the way that the very first episode is already a "To Be Continued" and it annoys me more than it would make me want to tune in next week.

anyways, i get the impression that the show is geared more for kids this time around (i felt the previous series were aimed at teenagers). i actually liked the fact that they had Augmented Reality vision because it's something that actually exists in real life. it makes me wonder if they ever will do that with Yugioh cards but it works in the context of the show.

i would personally give the episode a 7.0 out of 10 but i'll tune in again next week if i'm awake to see if this show has any potential.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Hmm... Didn't watch the show, but i did see a creator's interview on Imagine-nation. It seemed like they made this for younger and amateur viewers, and to me it didn't bring out the same appeal as the other series. I honestly wasn't looking forward to it at all.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, it almost seems like this show has gone back to what it was more like when it first started. Once things like GX and 5Ds started, it just didn't seem like it was for the younger audience. It just seemed a little more dark than usual. But now, I don't know, maybe I'm just too used to the others, but it just doesn't seem as good now. And the new cards they brought in this time seem a little bit cheesy.
    Personally though, I'd rather have the older version of dueling, where you could actually see the cards without needing those weird eye peices. And I don't know what to say about the animation. I mean, it's a lot more colorful, that's for certain, but even GX wasn't that colorful. Not too mention the hair seems a bit strange. And I'm not talking about just the color.
    I think they should do the art kinda like they did with the Yugioh Movie with that Anubis guy or whatever. That had some nice animation and stuff.

5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I gave up on Yu-Gi-Oh when 5Ds started, could handle Card games on Motorcycles >.>
    If you say this series doesn't look very promising then I'm probably not going to give it a go. At All. I just hate what they did to the series.
    Farewell Children's Card Game, I shall never have the displeasure of viewing you again

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

the problem is it's back to being a children's card game. It had become more intense and stuff later on, but now it's a little bit more....let's say over the top. If they can make it a good story and everything, a good villain, and all that, I'll give it a try. But considering it just started, that's going to be really hard.

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea, i thought the motorcycles were a little too over the top and unrealistic. i was able to enjoy 5DS a little bit after i got past the whole motorcycle duels thing but it's still strange.
    yea, i liked the animation in that movie as well, it looked really good.