WWD

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sebax, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Eyyyy, we looks like gotta here a new customer!" said a boisterous, large mustachioed man, all too happy to see Winter.

"New customer, eh?" A thin, mustachioed man in a chef's hat walked in to the waiting area. "You the new customer he-a talkin' about?"

"Me? A customer?" Winter asked. "Oh, I'm sorry, but no sir. I came here about the job opening: which is to say I came to work."

"Ey, Joe, ere's a kid after my own-a heart," the larger one said to the skinny one. "Per Favore, un momento benevolmente, Signorina," he said to Winter with a bright smile.

"You showed up to save-a my skin, I tell you. Grazie mille," said the skinny one. "I'm-a Joe, ee's Tony. The guy on de sign," Joe spoke more with his hands than he did with his lips.

Winter, as was common when she introduced herself, gave a polite curtsey.

"It's very nice to meet you both. My name is Winter."

Joe showed Winter the way to the kitchen. It was a pristine, organized environment with the latest technology in cookware.

"This is the place-eh." Joe sauntered over to a stove, wearing a steak was simmering in a pan. "Think you could do anythin' with-a this dis- EY! YOU! You stoppa dis now!" Joe was alerted to a bubbling pot boiling over on another stove-top.

Looking at the steak, Winter was careful to consider all of her options. Glad she had taken a few cooking lessons from her brother (who really didn't even need that kind of knowledge), Winter quickly washed her hands before going over to the spice cabinet and opened it up. She quickly located the onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder. She put them down on the counter and located a small bowl, a pot, and a cutting board.

In the small bowl she measured out the spices and mixed them up a bit, creating a seasoning of sorts. Making sure the steak wasn't burning or anything, she turned down the heat (though kept it simmering) before getting out, a tomato, an onion, and a potato. She chopped the onion and sprinkled the seasoning onto the steak. She threw the onions into the pan, sauteed the onions alongside the simmering steak, chopped the potato, diced the tomato, cooked the potato slices, put the tomatoes in with the steak, and took it off the heat.

Admittedly, she was rushing a bit; having not known how the long the steak had been cooking and not wanting everything to get messed up. In the end, she had put the simmered steak, sauteed onions, and diced tomatoes on a plate with some of the potato slices and had used some pre-prepared beef broth to add flavor to the dish. She waited nervously for judgement of the result.

Joe returned, rubbing his hands on his apron. "Woujoo look at that. Sonuvagun, that don't look half bad, and," he tasted the dish, "Not so bad on the palate neither! Gooda job! Take this, and a bit of spending money for-a you trouble, huh? You're a pretty good cook," Joe praised.

He slapped a pin in Winter's hand.

"You're welcome back anytime to cook or eat here. I expect to see you again walk-a through that door. Hey, Tony!" Joe left the kitchen to speak with his business partner.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Ula! What a fantastically spooky name!" the Mayor bubbled with glee.

"Who is she?" asked Dr. Finklestein.

The Mayor's head twisted with a snap to show a sadder face. "She just said her name is Ula... I really don't know..."

"Oh, well... I'm here to help out with the situation here at the park. Have you seen anything out of the ordinary recently?"

Dr. Finklestein's face twisted with thought. "Hmmm," he muttered, puzzling the matter. "I can't say that I have..." He opened a hatch on his skull to reveal a pulsing brain. He scratched his brain, and he shook his head.

"Other than the castle falling into a sinkhole, everything has been going along just fine." The Mayor pointed to a spot far down on Main Street to where an enormous sinkhole had, indeed, taken up a great deal of land.

Ula looked over at the spot with her eyes widened at the sight, "O-oh dear, that's not good..." She turned back to the two and glanced at them and opened her mouth to speak before her face showed a redirect in what she was going to say, "I do not believe I caught your names."

The Mayor's head twirled around once again. "I am the Mayor of Halloweentown!" And the head twisted around to grief to say, "Which is, of course, not this town."

"I'm shocked you haven't heard of me! Me. The great Dr. Finklestein, of cours- Waaa!" Dr. Finklestein was so surprised that he almost flipped back in his wheelchair, and his skull shut tight over his fingers. "OWW!" He howled in pain.

Ula flinched and held her hands up in apology, "I'm sorry, I'm new here. I'm sure that since I now know you I won't forget you." She approached Finklestein with caution for a moment and she found the way to open up the skull and help free his fingers.

Dr. Finklestein retrieved his hand and rubbed his sore fingers.

"Normally, I abhor kindness,... but... I'll make an exception given the aid you have provided..." he grumbled. "Any help you should ever need, we'll try to oblige. You are, after all, here to help us. I suppose."

"Not an easy task either..." the Mayor mentioned gloomily.

"Shhh, come closer, my dear."

Ula edged closer, but remained on guard after hearing his disgust for kindness, "Yes?"

"I know where the Villains are hiding. They tried to get me to join them. I may be an evil scientist, but I'm not an evil scientist. You'd do well to search Liberty Square, when you get to it. There, you will meet the Section Admin. She can help you more than I can. If I tell you exactly where they are hiding, well, I'm sure you can devise something yourself," he whispered.

"They already got to Freddie. Are you sure that Cinder would be any better off?" the Mayor stepped in, whispering as well.

"The girl can look after herself," retorted.

"Well um, thank you for that... were you looking for something in return for telling that to me?"

"Just that you get us out of this predicament. Mitch Aisling has made a new home for us here, after ours were taken away from us. We owe a great deal to him and his superiors." A noise in the nearest alley way spooked Dr. Finklestein into a fit before he saw a stray cat walk by. "Darn cat."

"Is that the sort of information you needed?" the Mayor asked.

Ula nodded slightly, "Yeah, I believe so. Any information at this point is helpful." she thought for a moment before continuing, "I don't want to overstay my welcome, but you wouldn't happen to know if anyone in particular is handing out pins, do you?"

Dr. Finklestein smiled... for what could be slightly considered a "smile".

"Sally is. Along with Jack Skellington. Unless you possess a certain gift, however, you will need to speak to them twice to receive it. Much like you will need to see us again to receive our help should you ever find yourself in the way of harm."

"Many spots around give you a pin the first time you complete their listed job the first time as well," the Happy-version of the Mayor compiled.

"Not to mention the Pin Shoppe."

"You two are awesome, you know that?"

"What a horrid person!" the Mayor bubbled with glee once again.

"I believe the correct term in this world is: good." Dr. Finklestein corrected. "Best of luck to you, my dear."

"Good. I've got it."

"We hope to see you again soon!"

"One more thing." Dr. Finklestein interrupted, pulling a small book from a saddlebag attached to his wheelchair. He scribbled his name in it, and allowed for the Mayor to do the same before handing it off to Ula.

Ula accepted the book and looked inside to see the two autographs and she smiled and bowed her head slightly to them, "Thank you both so much, I promise I'll come and see you two again!"

Ula left the two to their own devices and pulled up the jobs on her MagicBand+ (mainly so she could get more practice using it) and she saw a job opening with City Hall Art Commission. She didn't see why she couldn't try that out.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "What outlandish clothing..." Jack Skellington spotted Saino and tip-toed over to him. His skeletal hands picked over Saino's costume, as he ignored personal boundaries.

Sally tapped Jack on the shoulder.

"Jack," was all she had to say. It sufficed. Jack retracted.

"Oh! A thousand pardons, please." Jack stood back and gave Saino some distance.

Saino was perfectly calm. It was odd for someone to have approached him the way the skeleton man did, but he did not mind. The fact that the woman next to him was so calm about it, and the fact that the tall skeleton man was able to respect her wishes made Saino feel comfortable.

"It's OK. I understand the curiosity. Heh..." he smiled back at them.

"Understand, do you?" Jack seemed quite happy to hear that.

"You are Saino, aren't you?" Sally asked.

He was taken aback. "Uuh yes! But...how did you know my name?" he queried. Now he was the curious one.

"You have been here a short while, but word travels fast in the Magic Kingdom. Everyone is abuzz about you and the group you arrived with." Sally explained, light-hearted.

"Good thing too. Cads have kidnapped the Park Manager, and we, the residents, have been powerless to ensure his safety."

"Such a kind man... and not to mention what they did to the castle." Sally pointed over to the great big hole in the earth down the lane.

"But, we know who you are, but you probably don't know us." Jack changed the subject, and bowed graciously. "I, am Jack Skellington."

"And I'm Sally." She waved, her hand wobbling loosely on her wrist. "Oop!" she muttered as she pulled a string in her arm and her hand tightened to the right spot.

Eyelids raised to better expose the wonder in his eyes. He had no idea someone had been kidnapped; or perhaps it was mentioned but he just was not paying attention. At any rate, he waved at the two.

"Hi Jack Skellington, and Sally. It's a pleasure to meet you two. Umm...What is a Cad?" he asked after getting the introductions out of the way.
    Jack's eye sockets went wide at the question.

"Well, you see, specifically...it's...a...erm.." He scratched his boney chin with his boney fingertips.

"They aren't very nice. Freddie runs the Park, as well as Main Street. Each section has what is called an "Admin", and we aren't sure about the other ones, because we can't reach them. Mitch has suggested everyone stay in their own spots, for their own safety."

"That did Freddie very little good," Jack interceded. "But... I do trust Mr. Aisling." He smiled a toothy, crooked smile. "The pleasure is all ours, Saino. We've heard you possess a certain "something" that everyone keeps talking about!"

"Which is why, we'd like you to have this. We know you'll do great things as you go on...and please, help Freddie if you or your friends find him." Sally bowed her head as she handed him a pin.

Meanwhile, Jack was already scribing his name in Saino's autograph book. "There, perfect!"

Saino was a little confused at the lack of information regarding the cads, but if he was not being told, he left it at that. "uuh yeah,...I've heard that too. Heh..." he replied, feeling coy about the comment. As for the book signing, searched into his jacket to find that somehow Jack had taken his book without him realizing it. "How'd...how'd you...do that?" he uttered silently as he was handed his autograph once the two had signed.

He took the pin given to by Sally, and placed it on his lanyard. Afterwards, he looked at the two. "Well thank you, both of you. I'll be sure to save Freddy with my groups help. Stay safe!"

With a wave, Saino entered the Emporium.

"We will, Saino!" Jack Skellington waved goodbye. "Good luck in your endeavors!"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    A bell jingled above the doorway as Saino walked in, alerting the shopkeeper.

"Huh?...Oh..." Carl grumbled. "Welcome, I guess. What can I offer ya?"

With a big grin, Saino walked up to the clerk's counter and placed both arms on it while crossing them as his body leaned forward. "What do ya have?" he asked, smiling.

Carl curtly lifted his cane to point at a certain section of the wall. On the walls, behind glass, were large, printed images of the pins he was offering. Saino's lips pursed when he looked at the wall.

"You know, I've been wondering about that. I keep getting pins from people I encounter. What are these exactly? What're they for?" he asked the man.

"Young people...never listening..." he muttered, grumpily. "Listen, you collect the pins, you put it on that thing around your neck, you take it to the Theater, and you get the pins transferred. The more pins you get, the more power you can have to use for...whatever it is you're here to do. Are you going to buy something or not?"

"Oh! Well in that case, yeah I will! But first..." he paused as he stood upright, placing hands on hips. "What power is it exactly?" he asked.

Carl growled loudly from the frustration of dealing with Saino. "Your Bladekey, or whatever it is. It either makes you stronger or makes you tougher. From the looks of you, kid, you could use a pretty good deal of both. The signs'll tell ya. Just take a look."

Raising a brow, head cocked to one side. "Uuhh...whaaa?" he uttered before shaking his head. Wanting to respect the elders wishes, he just let out a small sigh. Perhaps there'd be more time to learn more of these things. "Yeah...sorry about that. Uum anyway, I have 55 dollars, but I don't know how to access them..." he explained, pointing to his magic band. "If you can help me get my money, I'd be more than happy to purchase the pin that I can afford."

"Just point to what you want, and I can charge you!" The look on Carl's face showed he getting incredibly tired of Saino's confusion. "Everything you see up there in 40 Disney Dollars. So, it looks like you can only get one thing for now. Prices are listed on the the wall. Like everything else."

Saino stood there, staring up at the Pins displayed on the wall. They all looked very nice, so it was little hard for him to decide. However, it helped that they were labeled with, "Set 1" and "Set 2". Putting thumb and index onto chin, he gripped it lightly in though. "Hmmm...I guess I'll just start from the beginning then. I'll take the Rescuers pin!" he said, pointing to the two dressed mice.

The Rescuer pin landed on the counter in front of Carl with a THWACK! He slammed it onto the board, and gently slid it towards Saino, with the same curmudgeonly look on his face throughout.

"Which one are you?" Carl performed the task of rolling up his sleeve and accessing his purple MagicBand+. "Oh, there you are. You're the goofy one everybody's talking about. Saino." There was a distasteful and mocking air to the way he said the boy's name. "Says here you have 75. That brings you down to 35. 40 Disney Dollars have been taken out of your account." The barest hint of a smile etched into his face. Really, he was just glad the customer would be out of his hair. "Have a nice day... Now, please..." - the smile reverted to a frown - "Get out."

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ula made her way to City Hall after pulling up a map to the location and entered into the building with a smile on her face.

"Hello there, I heard you were hiring?"

A wiry old man, sitting at the front desk, took his attention away from his book to attempt to focus in on the new arrival.

"Well, young lady, that we are," he spoke with a raspy, tired voice. He was a man of such advanced age that it took him some effort to get to his feet. He fixed his glasses straight on his crooked nose, and smiled. "You are capable of drawing, I presume?"

Ula nodded and looked slightly self-conscious about something, "Yeah, I can draw... though I'm not sure if my drawing is the greatest... but I want to help!"

"We're certainly paying a pretty penny to encourage anyone willing to try, so don't worry whether or not if you lack the skill of the old masters," the old man chortled. "The old masters have old masters they can never be as good as, so it's only important you give it your best shot." He spoke with the a brittle tone, riddled with sagacious wisdom and profound humility. "Right this way, right this way, please." He nodded his white-haired head and gesticulated towards a door to the left of the front desk. It led down a hallway that met with the office room behind the counter, and he waited for Ula to meet him. "Andy Mason, by the way." He offered his shaking hand, his affliction with Parkinson's Disease apparent.

Ula shook Andy's hand and replied, "My name is Ula. It's very nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine, Ula." Andy murmured happily. "The drawing room is right in here." He led her down the hallway to a small room, featuring a drawing desk, a chair, a plenty of lighting and ornate statues of cartoon characters. He looked around, transfixed and distracted.

Ula looked around at the statues of the characters and examined them from a distance, "Those are really cool."

He blinked back to attention.

"Oh? Oh! yes, yes. Set up like my old room, back when I was young man. I saw to that. Please, please, have a go at the pad there." He pointed to tall, brooding man holding a golden, cobra staff. "Think you could give drawing him a shot?"

Ula sketched to the best of her ability, trying to make sure she got as many of the lines as possible, but she kept erasing and erasing because she just couldn't seem to find anything she liked. Despite his stumpy looking body and his head looking far too big, she was finally at least satisfied and held it up to Andy, "H-how's this?"

Andy chuckled. It was not a cruel laugh, or a jibe, as, when he looked at the drawing, his eyes lit up.

"Well, I can tell who it is, out of anyone. That's a good start." He examined the page, his eyes darting over every detail. "Here... you earned these." He shakily dug into his pockets and pulled out a metallic pin, and put it on the desk. "I'll get the money to your bank account... just as soon as I figure out how the darn thing works."

"Thanks for stopping by, Ula. Be sure to tell your friends. The world needs more artists."

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"Alright alright. I'm going, I'm going...geez." Saino uttered to the grumpy man. It was only now that he had taken note of the old man's attitude. Reaching for the door knob, a bell jingled as Saino opened the door to leave, jingling a second time as it closed. Saino stood outside, wondering to do next when he realized he had not thanked the old man for his service! Opening the door again, the door jingled as Saino peered through the gap he had created. "Oh sorry, but thanks for helping me out! I'll by some other time when I have more money!" he thanked and noted. With a cheeky grin, he closed the door again, causing the bell to jingle a fourth time. Outside, he turned to leave when he nearly stepped on a puppy! Thankfully Saino was quick to stop moving. Relief fell over Saino along with a sigh that escaped through mouth. Becoming more aware of his surroundings now, he saw two adult dalmations and five puppies all walking together, passing by Saino's location. "I'm sorry!" he apologized, despite not having really committed anything wrong; heck he even avoided an accident. He crouched low as to look at the puppy that was closest to him. It's collar read: Lucky.

Saino encounters Pongo, Perdito, and 5 puppies.

3. Light-Rune Maven Seer

After thanking Joe for the money (As he ran into another room), Winter directed herself towards the exit. She had been overjoyed that her cooking hadn't tasted positively dreadful and was looking forward to her next time working here. When she exited the building, she came across two more dogs that she hadn't met: A Scottish terrier and bloodhound. As Winter understood things, talking to everyone she could in the park was her goal and to her benefit. Between that and the fact that it was always nice to make new friends, Winter thought she would introduce herself.
    "Hello." She spoke politely as always. "My name is Winter. What are your names?"

Winter approached Jock and Trusty.

4. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG][​IMG]
    One, small dog dashed passed Winter's ankles. Another dog, much larger, slugged behind, but passed Winter just the same.

“We canna speak naw, sorry about tha'," Jock said with a heavy Scottish brogue as he furthered the distance.

"Uhhh, she did ask us our names." Trusty looked from Jock to Winter and back. "I'm pretty showah we can at least o-blige her that much."

"Oh, no! If you're in a hurry, please don't let me stop you," Winter spoke frantically.

"Ack! Well... Ah'da feel bahd ifen Ah jest ignored ye..." Jock scoffed. He turned around to face Winter and was abrupt about his introduction. "Ah'm Jock."

"An' I'm Trusty. A plesha, Ma'am."

Winter's smile returned to her face. "It's very nice to meet you both, Jock and Trusty." She had been somewhat put off that her first real attempt at communicating had been improperly timed, but had been cheered up by the fact that they had taken time for her anyway.

"Canawe help ye atall, lassie?" Jock asked. “We're in a bit effa hurry, but Ah think we cahn stop fer amenut.”

"Jock's right, Ma'am. We do have to be gettin' awselves along, but...uhhh...but uhhh.... well, you know... it's mighty good to help someone out." He looked towards the sky. "It's just like mah granpappy Oooooooooooooooole Reliable yusta tell me... I don' recollect if I evah mentioned Ole Reliable-"

"Ta me, ye have, laddie." Jock rolled his eyes. “Mure than uften.”

Winter hadn't really had a reason for talking to them other than making their acquaintance, for which she now felt guilty. She certainly hadn't wanted to waste their time. She decided she would ask where they were going, as it seemed to her that getting information was at least better than bothering them for nothing at all.

"Well, I really hate to bother you... but could you tell me where you're both headed off to in such a rush?"

It suddenly occurred to Winter that someone might be in danger. Her manner changed slightly.

"Did something happen?" She had a very serious look on her face, and she seemed prepared to fight at any moment.

"Aye, Lassie." Jock hung his head low. "Our beloved benefactah and the Perk Manager Freddie Wiez 'as benakidnapped." Determination filled his face. "So, we're-a settin' off to go anna rescue'im."

"Just the two of you? All by yourselves?" Winter was even more serious, and a bit concerned as well.

"If that's what it takes, Miss Wintah, Ma'am."

"But... I'm supposin' ye'll be lookin' fer wune ofathese, eh?" Jock pulled a autograph book from a satchel at his side. "Ah fergot te takeitaff, but ye can 'ave it." Jock got ready to put his paw-print inside.

"Oh, no Mr. Jock." She hastily interrupted him from placing his paw in the book. "I already have one of those." She pulled out her autograph book as proof.

"Ack! Mark me a fooell." Jock shook his head. "Well, let's see ih' then, lassie."

Jock marked his paw-print in the newly provided book. Trusty followed in no particular rush.

"Will that be all Miss Winter Ma'am?"

"Umm... Well..." Winter shifted uncomfortably. "I don't think you should go alone." She said quietly. She wasn't really sure what she could say to deter them though.

“She's uhhhhh... gotta point..." Trusty looked to Jock. “Was in such a rush mahself that I didn' kwai r'lize mahself.”

"Aye. Maybe we shouldn' be agoin' oner own. It'satheir job, after ahll. Promise ta get Freddie back fer us though, lassie? 'E's a good mon, Freddie."

"Yes Sir: I promise!" Winter nodded quickly. She was relieved she had prevented them from going into danger, though that's not to say she didn't understand the gravity of her promise. She would certainly do her best to bring back this Freddie person.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The puppy looked up at Saino with a huff of relief. It didn't have the same device on its collar that Lady and Tramp had. A larger version of the spotted canine trotted from the square to pick Lucky up by the tuft of the neck.. Beside him, a lady dog looked to Saino with a look of appreciation.

"Thank you for watching your step." She looked him over. "Oh, you're Saino! A pleasure to get the opportunity to meet you. I'm Perdita, this is my mate, Pongo,” A male dog waltzed up next her, “And you've had a run in with one of our many, many puppies." She giggled through the collar.

Saino looked astonished at how Perdita knew his name.

"Oh hi.. How do you know my name exactly?" he queried in an affable manner.

"Haven't you heard? Everyone around this part of the park knows who you are. I don't know about anywhere else though... we've been somewhat stuck over here ever since the sink hole took the castle."

Saino was taken back by what the Dalmatian were saying. He had no idea just how much of a figure he was in this place, and he just started working here too! Wait, hadn't Sally said something? "Oh...I'm sorry to hear about the sink hole. How'd it happen?"

"It was a form of protest and a sheer show of power," Pongo said,

followed in by by four more Dalmatian puppies other than Lucky.

"The villains sank the castle into a pit, and, as I imagine you've heard, kidnapped the Park Manager."

"Oh riiiiight. I remember now." Saino uttered in faint response, appearing to be somewhat of an airhead at the moment. "Who are the villains if you don't mind me asking? No one seems to be giving me a straight answer."

"The villains are the ones from our own worlds who tried, at some point or another, to take over everything they could get their hands on. In our case, that would be...ugh... Cruella De Vil," Pongo cringed and spoke her name in disgust.

"She tried to make coats out of our original fifteen puppies, and since the other ones she stole from around London did not have a home, we took in the remaining eighty-four of them." Perdita said as Cadpig sniffed at D'daear's costume, and Rolly started to nibble at it. "Rolly! No! That isn't food!"

"Oooh. So there's more than one involved here....huh..." he uttered before realizing the puppies were advancing on him. Saino squatted as to be closer to the dogs. He chuckled a little as Rolly started nibbling at his shoes. "Got a lot of fight in you, huh?" he asked rhetorically. Not minding the puppies doing their thing, he looked back to Pongo and Perdita. "So you said there were more puppies? Where are they?"

Perdita winced at the last question, so she tugged Rolly up by the scruff of the collar. He was a heavier one, so her neck craned some as she put him aside.

"Oh no, he doesn't have much more fight in him than any other puppy. We're quite proud of him and love him just the same, it's just he has quite an appetite."

Rolly yipped in protest.

"No, Rolly, it isn't time for supper," Perdita replied.

Pongo took up the task of answering the daunting question about the puppies.

"Cruella has them..."

Eyes widened in the silence that soon followed after Pongo spoke, causing Saino's mandible to tense. The tall goofball was shocked at the unexpected reality. After hearing their story about Cruella de Vil, it was no wonder Pongo's tone of voice had shifted. Looking down, bangs masked the young man's expression as it cast a shadow over brows and eyes.

It must be hard to lose someone you care about; although he wouldn't know. However, seeing how gentle and sweet the folks at the park had been... this could not be left alone. It was a theme park that was supposed to bring happiness, and a sense of togetherness with the people who resided in it. So this for a fact was just wrong. Saino raised to full height, still looking down.

Inhaling deeply, a nice sigh escaped the youth before he revealed himself again. A strong caring smile took form where lips stretched. One of sympathy, really.

"Then I guess we're just going to have to free them, won't we?" he spoke, doing his best to bring the good mood. Outstretching his arm forward, his hands curled to a fist. "I promise, we'll save the puppies. Just stir me in the right direction, and I'll gather my co-workers. "

“It'll be closer to Frontierland, but don't worry. I'm sure you'll get there in no time. It's a bit more... dangerous in that part of the park.” asked Pongo. “Thank you though. Is there anything we can offer you in the meantime?”

Saino looked at Pongo, and remembered. Placing a hand into his jacket, he took out a small notebook. Fingers flipped through the pages until it found an empty page.

"Here we go. If you could just sign my notebook please. I've been doing this with everyone I meet!" he said, laying the book open in front of the pack.

"Oh! By all means, spot on." Pongo went about the business of filling out a page of Saino's autograph book.

"And I imagine one of these would also be useful?" asked Perdita, as Lucky wandered up to Saino with a small pin in his mouth.

Saino crouched low to take the pin from Lucky's small mouth, thanking the puppy in the process.

"Thanks!" he spoke while rising. After putting on the pin, he also took the notebook from Pongo, once again thanking the group.

"Good luck, Saino,"offered Perdita.

"That's right. And please... try to be safe," add Pongo.

Saino nodded and gave the Dalmatian family a wave good bye as he went on his way. Destination: The main entrance to regroup with comrades if possible.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Interrogating Freddie Wiez

Below the Magic Kingdom, far towards Frontierland, a witch cast a cold glare at a man behind bars. She was tall, thin, and had green skin and black robes. She carried a black staff with a green crystal at the paramount. Her cold glare stretched into a wicked smile.

“My dear Frederick. You just couldn't be bothered to listen to us, could you?”

The man in the cage smiled back. Not out of spite. The smile on his portly face was of the most congenial nature. Dressed in a fine, powder blue suit, he stood tall in the face of adversity.

“I listened, my dear. I also had an entire park to accommodate. I am afraid I could not quite bow to all the wishes, when they contradicted with the safety of everyone else.”

“Woa, hey, listen up, Freddie, ya gotta minute? Can I call ya Freddie? I don't think we were making too big a deal of anything.” A man with gray skin and a live blue fire atop his head intervened. “Mitch just didn't put us in charge. That's all we want. A little rule over all creation-type...deal.”

“Yes, and, for understandable reasons, that didn't happen. This is a place of dreams. While dreams can be dark and, in their own way, fun, your ruling would make this place a nightmare. Dreams would not be able to grow.”

“Sure they would, babe. Our dreams would grow. That's kinda the point, ya ever-lovin' ham.”

“It's awfully dark down here, do you think you could turn up the lights?”

“Don't try and change the subject, half-ton,” The gray-skinned man beside the green lady made a cheap shot at Freddie's weight. “You know what we want.”

“Do I?” Freddie asked with an innocent smirk.

“Yeah... ya do. And I know just the fellas who're gonna help squeeze it outtaya, ya feel me?.” He snapped his fingers. “Pain! Panic! Enchant our guest, will ya? He's bein' ehhhh, a little stubborn for my tastes. Oh, and, if you don't mind, I'll just be dimming the lights a little before we go, is that alright, there, Freddie? Ole pal? Chum? Huh? Thanks, you're a doll. Adios, Fred-o.”

The evil pair left while two imps chuckled mischievously to themselves. In little to no time, Freddie was calling out for help that just wasn't around.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  5. cstar stay away from my waifu

Ula left City Hall filled with a little bit of pride. Even though she knew she wasn't the best illustrator, Andy was very friendly and encouraging. She walked away with the original intention of heading back to have another meet and greet, but was stopped when she noticed a parade going through. She was certain there had to be some sort of job for her, so after fixing up her hair, Ula skipped on over and spoke to the person who seemed in charge, "Um, excuse me, are you still hiring?"

Ula went to the Main Street Parade for a job.

6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

[​IMG][​IMG]

Billy was leading the procession in a bit of a frenzy. The dancers weren't working quite the way he'd hoped. He demonstrated for them as the marching band continued playing.

"Tempo, tempo, guys. C'mon." Billy didn't seem to realize Ula had spoken to him.

Ula looked nervous and held up a single finger as if trying to politely call out to him, but she didn't want to interrupt him. She waited until the horns of the marching band stopped for a break as the drummers kept up a cadence and she shouted, "Um, sorry to interrupt, but are you still hiring dancers?"

Billy whirled around, mid-step, and noticed Ula. "Oh! Sorry about that. Yeah, we are! We're always scouting for new talent. The more the merrier," he added, just as the hired dancers seemed to be getting nervous. "Do you dance?"

Ula scratched the back of her head, "Yeah, I can dance, as long as we aren't doing any ballroom dancing for whatever reason. I'm terrible at that."

"Nope. We focus mostly on interpretive and modern. Maybe a little Hip Hop, because it's popular." He demonstrated each style as he mentioned them, quickly, with little effort and speaking naturally as he did so. He chuckled and dusted off his broad shoulders.

He looked to the marching band. Taking a moment to think, of a selection. He snapped his fingers, and there was the idea.

"Jolly Holiday, crew." Billy raised his arms for the command, and the band followed suit. "Give her a bit of a vamp to come into."

Through some way Ula could not describe, the music felt familiar to her, enough for her to be able to catch the beat and be able to work with it. Blocking out unnecessary distractions so she wouldn't freak out. Ula placed her hands on her hips, and every time the flutes hit their 8th notes, she would kick her leg to the beat. First her left leg, then her right leg, then her left, and he left again to change it up. After that she did a spin tapping each foot in a right-left-right-right, left-right-left-left pattern all around, which lasted at about where the words "mary makes your heart so light" would have been.

She repeated this exact same dance a second time, but mirrored what she did. At "oh happiness" she step-touched her feet across and kicked to the left, then step-touched across and kicked to the right, and repeated it until "the daffodils are smiling at the dove" when she did a single jazz square and finished it off with a spin. She didn't really try anything overly complex, but didn't make it too simple just in case, and she kept doing her dances to the beat, often repeating a step a couple of times.At the very end of the song she did a couple of spins before ending it with her arms outstretched in front of her andher palms facing upward. She had a smile on her face and was catching up on her breathing.

“You know what you’re doing,” Billy lauded, starting a clap that spread to the other dancers. The band remained impartial, but only because of their instruments in-hand. They nodded their appreciation instead. “Are you with the people helping Mitch?”

Ula scratched her head in shyness at the clapping and when the question processed she nodded, “Yeah, I am. Is there a reason why you’re asking?”

“Otherwise you snuck in here, and that’d be pretty embarrassing for us,” Billy flashed a toothy smile with a chuckle and whipped out his wristband arm with a flourish. “I also mean I need to know your name before I can transfer the Disney Dollars to your account. Fair?”

“O-oh, I’m sorry! I thought I had said it before. My name is Ula.” Her face flushed red with embarrassment for a moment and she adjusted her hat to block her face.

“Don’t worry. I don’t think I mentioned my name either. Billy. Billy Marco,” he extended the other arm for an enthused handshake. “And you, Ula, are welcome in the Main Street Parade any time you like. I’ll get your payment to you in a little bi- Oh… it looks like you have some money in there already on-hand, but your total says zero… I’ll call that in for a fix.”

“Wait, it said I had no money? Darn. Well thank you for fixing that, and it’s really nice to meet you. This was a lot of fun!”

“Probably just a glitch. Tia really tries to keep these things working right, but it’s pretty much just her and some of the staff over at EPCOT developing it. Beside all that, it was mutual, Ula. Stop by any time.” He pencil-turned with the flow of speech. “The rest of you, we have to practice, if we’re going to be ready for Opening Day. And one, and two, and-” Billy continued with rehearsals promptly.

[​IMG]

“There, fixed,” Mosi First adjusted the tint on the lead car’s front window. The sun had been bothering the Monorail's driver, but was no longer an issue. He could, once again, see the track clear and the green treetops below them blur as he raced over them. "Now... you were telling me?"

"New arrival at: Resort Entrance A. Claim: Arriving, due to advertisement sent out by: Mitch Aisling," a robotic voice stated matter-of-factly from the Monorail console. "You will be arriving at Resort Entrance A shortly."

"Thank you, LOLA," Mosi said from the driver's seat. Driving the Monorail, as he was well-aware, was more of a watch-job than something more manual. He'd use the controls to make stops, depart, and do all the thinking a human could do and a computer could not. Once the Monorail was in motion, it was just a task of making sure nothing went awry. Nothing had yet. 'It was early still,' he thought on the subject. "Here we are," he said to no one in particular. He was the only one on board, and he'd was accustomed to keeping himself company.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Vincent Myers waited at the Monorail terminal directed to him. There was no sign of it coming from either direction, and he started to wonder if this would take some time. The dockmaster told him the Monorail traveled all across the island, at lightning speed. As nervous as he was, Vincent released some of his nervous energy by digging into his black backpack and pulling out a pen and his journal. Writing was his talent and his passion, and he would write at any moment and on any impulse. It was how he dealt with his constant state of Anxiety.

No sooner had he started writing, that he looked up to see a dark-skinned man in a white suit looking down at him. There was a sleek, gray bullet train behind the man, which had arrived before Vincent had even noticed.

"Vincent Myers?" the man standing above him asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," Vincent replied quickly, hopping to his feet, while stuffing his journal back into his backpack. "I'm Vincent. Hello."

"I am Mosi First. I am here to pick you up and transport you to the Magic Kingdom."

"Is that where everyone is?"

"Yes, they are," Mosi cracked a smile. "They got a bit of a head start on you, but it's not a race, and we can be over there in no time at all." He stepped towards the monorail, and beckoned to Vincent to follow. Once they were aboard, Mosi excuse himself to the Captain's Deck and left Vincent in one of the passenger cars.

"Please sit, or hold onto the handrails," chimed LOLA, "And welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney."

Vincent followed the directions and took a seat. His heart was in his throat, since he had no clue how fast this thing traveled or even start-

"WOA!" Vincent was nearly thrown from his seat when the cars took off like the lightning he'd heard about.

"Sorry, still trying to work out the bugs. Are you okay back there?" Mosi's voice spoke over the PA system.

"Yes, I'm fine," that was a bit of lie. It was more of a mix of excitement and dread. It was so much of both that Vincent had a hard time breathing and managing his heart rate. He managed. He breathed in and out, looking out the window and seeing the trees whiz by the many. He only jumped back when he spotted a miniature woman on the screen who was looking up at him.

"Sorry! I was trying to figure out what to say so that you wouldn't freak out. I should have... figured that out before I made the call, maybe. Man, I'm bad at this. Anyway!" Tali O'Ness spoke through the PA system as the tiny box in the corner of the window expanded to fill up the whole window. "I'm Tali, hi."

"Hi... Tali," Vincent was still a bit alarmed and a bit distracted.

"I called because you need to be caught up on a few things. Not to mention, you're not equipped yet. Hey, no problem, I can set you up. Look in the storage bin just above you. Inside, there'll be two briefcases. Just open them up and take one, and I repeat, one, of each. One Magicband Plus, and one Pin Lanyard. You're going to need both once you get to Magic Kingdom."

Vincent followed her directions to the letter, finding the briefcases stored above the seats. He wasn't sure if there were briefcases in each of the storage bins above every seat, but he didn't dwell on it. Looking at the contents of each, he picked a blue band and a black pin lanyard. He showed them both to Tali and waited.

"Good, now just press the button on the band, after you put it on your arm. Select Info, making sure your arm is clear for the screen to pop-up, and that should catch you up on what we hope you can help us with. Speaking of help, of course, I can't stay on much longer. Sorry, but, please, have a good time, and I will definitely see you later! Good luck! Villian, I'm coming, hold on."

"Thanks," Vincent fiddled with the band as he hung the lanyard around his neck. The screen returned to being a transparent window, but he hadn't noticed. He was too busy catching up.
    [​IMG]
    The Monorail pulled into the Magic Kingdom station, and Mosi saw Vincent safely out. The Monorail had stopped as quick as it had started, but it hadn't jostled him quite so much the second time. He'd been sure to grab a hand rail when he saw a station come into view.

"Welcome, Vincent, to the Magic Kingdom. Even though you're here on business, and not pleasure, I hope you find satisfaction while you're here. It's still under construction, of course, but..." he looked around and smiled again, "Isn't it beautiful even now?"

Vincent liked Mosi. He smiled smiled back and offered his hand for a shake.

"It is. I'm sure it'll be quite a trip. Good luck with figuring out those bugs."

"No problem too big, especially if I can get some heads over at EPCOT working with me." Mosi took the hand and shook with a tip of his hat. "Here's something for you, since you'll be working with others: No One of us is as smart as all of us. Do us both a favor and remember that?"

"I'll keep it in mind, thank you," Vincent nodded, dwelling on where he'd take his first steps. He'd found out everything he was expected to do, but it was a big world to challenge himself with, nonetheless. "Thank you, Mr. First."

"Mosi," Mosi winked and nodded before stepping away and back to the Monorail. "Good luck, Vincent." In a flash, the Monorail was off.

Vincent raced down the ramp and through the Park Entrance, and nearly bumped into a passing couple as he exited the tunnel under the Main Street Railroad.

[​IMG][​IMG]

“Sorry!” Vincent apologized to both of them, avoiding eye contact at all cost.

“Noughta problem, guv,” Bert dusted himself off, having taken the blunt of the run-in. “Yer awright, righ’, Mary?”

“Not bothered in the slightest,” she spoke a bit more distinctly than her companion. “Are you okay, Bert? and you, young man?”

“Caugh’ me a bi’off guard, buh Ah’ll be fine.”

“I’m okay. No harm done?”

“None.”

“Are you here with the others?”

“Others?” asked Vincent.

“There’s already been some investigating the recent issues, but none have spoken with us so far.”

“Ye tink ih moight be me, Mary?” Bert clowned around and stretched out his bowtie, leaning back on one leg and kicking the other out.

“Anyone would do well to steer clear of you, Bert. Really now,” Mary stifled a giggle behind an air of propriety. She managed the propriety, but lost to the giggling. “Can we help you in anyway?”

“You’re fine. I was told I should speak to some of the residents, and I think this qualifies.”

“Tha’ it does, tha’ it does. Ye moight wanna get yoursef a visit over to Andy in City ‘All.” Bert pointed the building with his walking cane.

“Thanks for the advice, and sorry… again… really… sorry,” Vincent rubbed the back of his neck.

“Write’er off, guv,” Bert reassured with a big grin.

“Might we get your name?”

“Oh! Vincent Myers. I just arrived.”

“Well, it’s positively wonderful to have you here. One moment, please, I’d like to conduct a little experiment, if I may?” Mary asked as she pulled a measuring tape from out of her sleeve.

“Not at all,” Vincent obliged, and stood still as the woman in white measured him from head to toe. He looked to her as she read the measurement off.

“A bit pensive, but very determined. You should do just fine, and especially with the likes of the company we’ve seen wandering about. And do talk to us again, you’re certainly glad company, by any measure.” She tucked the measuring tape away in her sleeve, out of it again, she pulled a small notebook an a pen. How she'd fit both within her sleeve, along with the measuring tape, Vincent wasn't quite sure. She gave him no time to react. She signed something in the book, and handed the book off to Bert, who did the same.

When Vincent received the notebook, it contained both of their names on the first page. That was when it hit him.

"Oh! Signatures. Er, Autographs? Right, I'm supposed to collect those, thank you."

"You're very welcome, dear Vincent."

"We shoul' be off ina tick, ain' don' forgeht whats I told ye, abouh Andy ovah ah City 'All."

"How could I forget about City All? I mean, City Hall. I mean... sorry, have a good time." Goodbyes were shared before Vincent headed off for the suggested building.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Vincent was a casual artist. He had the ability to draw, but it was not something he practiced enough to be satisfied with. So when he met Andy Mason and he was shown the Drawing Room and a character to draw, he wasn’t quite sure what to do. He had the equipment in front of him, and the reference, but it was a task that made him ever so slightly uncomfortable. The old man had been supportive, yes, but how was he going to do this?

The end result he presented to Andy earned a nod and a thumbs up, much to Vincent’s shock.

“The face is very good, as well as the hair. The eyes are a tiny bit off, but eyes are important, being the windows to the soul. They are about as difficult as they are important, so the fact you’ve got them part of the way there is just fine. The shoulder could use a little work, but not bad for your first job here. You’ll get better, believe me. Practice, practice, practice.” Andy handed the sheet back to Vincent. “Just leave that on the desk, please. I’ll get you your money to your account.”

The instructions had mentioned a banking system, but Vincent hadn’t looked into it yet. He made a note to look into it after he left.

“Oh, and, Vincent, was it? I mentioned this to someone earlier, but this is important too. The world always needs more artists. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see you in here soon.”

[​IMG][​IMG]

75 Disney Dollars richer than when he’d started, Vincent found his way to Carl’s Pin Shop, checking the Info page for the suggestion. The bell above the door ringed as he walked in, carefully, and the old man behind the counter grumbled.

“Great. Another one.”

He was not quite as welcoming as the previous old man Vincent had met at City Hall. Keeping his spirit up, he silently prepared for anything difficult.

“I’ll try to get out of your hair as soon as possible. Where are the prices?” When Carl pointed towards the display without a word, Vincent only had to take a quick glance to get the basic idea.
    “Three pins. That one, that one, and that one,” he pointed to pins he connected most to at first sight. He had eyes on getting them all, as a borne collectionist, but these would make a good start. He tapped into the control panel for the bank and made the transferal himself. “Done. We’re good. Have a nice day.”

“Huh… a bit of a worry wart, I can tell… but at least this one knows what he’s doing,” Carl took a cheap shot at Saino behind Animeta’s back. “Yeah, yeah,” Carl did not return the glad wishes. The bell rang, Vincent left, and he was glad to, at that rate.

Onto the next thing.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  7. cstar stay away from my waifu

Ula realized at this point she should have enough money for a pin or two. She made her way to where the pin shop was supposedly located and she entered in singing out a quiet, “Hello.” as she entered.

“Oh, great. Another one,” Carl mumbled, putting down his newspaper and tuning up his hearing aid. “What is it that you want?”

“Oh… um.” Ula scratched the back of her head, “I just wanted to buy a couple pins and then I’ll be off… until I need more pins... “

“Doesn’t sound half bad,” Carl gave a thousand yard stare and put it bluntly. “Display is over there. Just choose the one that you want. Or whatever. Couple. Sure. Prices are listed by each pin.”

Ula marched her way over to the display wall and browsed through all the pins. She wasn’t entirely sure what the difference between each one would necessarily be yet besides the characters on them. Not really thinking too much into it, Ula pointed to the Pinocchio pin and the Mufasa & Rafiki pin and chirped, “Those two please!”

Two thwacks landed sharply on the counter as Carl slammed the two pins down in front of him, getting them from a box besides him. He grumbled at his magicband+ and tried, with great effort, to get it to work.

“Dang doodad…” He eyed Ula. “Which one are you?”

“Oh, I’m Ula! Nice to formally meet you.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he brushed it off, before sarcastically adding, “Nice. The purchase went through.” He smiled. “Now… if you could make good on that promise from earlier…?”

Ula nodded at Carl before smiling and waving as she finalized, “Have a good one.” before walking out the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.