Who is Sora with? Riku?Kairi?Namine?Roxas?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by MandyXRiku4ever, Jul 1, 2009.

1. clue42 Moogle Assistant

IMO sora is with nether. the three of them are just really close friends. and people are stretching the little evidence they have out of paportion imo. i like the idle of SoraxKairi or RikuxSora hell even SoraxKairixRiku but the are only friends.

2. lolliluvsgummi Merlin's Housekeeper

i agree! Riku and sora would be adorable but I can't stand any yaoi srry to yaoi fans I just can't stand it.

3. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

.......i honestly have to agree w/ u 2 except that part on riku/sora i don't believe tht at all. i diss yaoi...

4. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

...Maybe you two guys need to see more shounen-ai fic: cute, shippy, like the good majority of straight fics in that it's actual romantic, couple-y stuff and not two guys going at each other in an explicit manner.

This board seems oddly... uptight about the whole heterosexuality thing.

5. finalform32 Merlin's Housekeeper

he is shooting for kairi obviously.

and last time i checked:

kh1 he was looking for both of them (riku and kairi)
    kh: com he was looking for riku cuz he was loosing his memories of kairi. (he then looked for namine)
    kh2 he was only looking for riku most of the time cuz he KNEW kairi was safely home at destiny islands, riku was the only one left to find.

so yes you are correct, he is with kairi.

6. Riku's~Nobody Moogle Assistant

Sora has to be with Kairi, well they both like eachother, u can tell.... as for riku or roxas, i thought in 358/2 days roxas-xion or riku-xion was possible, to bad shes sora now lol

7. Ksemanr Merlin's Housekeeper

No, there is nothing that supports any triangle. They hold hands because they are close friends. I mean seriously, me and my best friend, both straight males, have held hands and skipped just for the heck of it (and to creep someone else out). We're both completely straight, us holding hands doesn't make us gay. God, yaoi fangirls draw their theories from literally nothing, constantly. The onyl romantic feelings ever hinted at in the games is Sora and Kairi liking each other.

8. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

I wan to make some annoying post about a homosexual couple... But I think Sora's straight. With Kairi. There are too many hints towards that in-game.

Riku, on the other hands... *snorts*

9. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

...I did at least notice that in KHI Sora's slightly more physically assertive with Riku. First time he meets up with them both after the island goes boom, Kairi gets a hug, and Riku gets his face molested... which is done to check that it's Riku.

In KHII he's more emotional to him because Riku's been avoiding him out of fear and he wants to let him know how much he was missed. And the ending is pretty much the two of them making amends and going, "yeah, let's start over. I'm Sora, and you're Riku, and if you're here and Kairi's safe, then I'm good."

... >_> <_<

Come ooooooooooon, lighten up. This is fandom. If there's a bunch of attractive men in it, you bet your munny there'll be yaoi. You can also bet your munny there'll be arguments like this one. But as long as people are able to separate their fanon and the canon in their heads, it's all good, right? ...I mean, you can choose what you want and don't want to view on the internet, right?

...Right?

And I always separate 'pairings' from 'theories'. So when I go through theories, I do research and I go through everything, but when I couple, I already know it's not canon, so I go and have fun.

10. February Destiny Islands Resident

..You know if there was a choice of who Sora ended up with in KH 3 actually wouldn't mind. Sora and Kairi fans could put Sora with Kairi and the yaoi supporters could put Sora with Riku. No complains from the opposite ends of the fan shipping. Square has already done a dating system in Final Fantasy VII, so why not ? (;

Think that Disney is uncomfortable with gay relationships too otherwise they wouldn't of put Xion in between Axel and Roxas..

11. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Square's dating system in FFVII worked because that had text boxes on a traditional map (basically no difference between regular play and scenes) rather than voiced cutscenes, so it was much easier to actually hide when a question relating to the dating game would crop up. KH doesn't have that set-up, so it'd be a bit difficult to set up a bunch of questions that secretly count to a hidden score.

I think the Sora-Riku option'd only be similar to the Cloud-Barret option in VII anyway - toooootally straight, yup. (But if you got the dragged Cloud to win the beauty contest, he'd pretend Barret was his boyfriend in order to try and get away from Don Corneo's amorous advances...

(Hey, let's get a version of that in there instead! I wanna see Sora try out that princess dress from the manga more often. X3)

12. February Destiny Islands Resident

Heard rumors that Square was planning to have the dating system in Final Fantasy 10 but they only thing that stopped them was room for the FMV movie moments and they ran out of space..
    And they kind of did have a small dating system in 10 but instead of a date you had a buggy ride with them to one of the temples and a separate conversation together, sorry still believe that it is possible !

The Cloud- Barret option in VII was more comical relief and the spa moment in the honey bee inn was comical relief too. Kingdom Hearts has some *questionable * Sora and Riku moments, so think if they do add a dating system in, that they should make it serious. Though Riku wearing a pink fluffy dress while running away in a KH style Don Corneo would be hilarious !

13. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

I totally believe in the Sora and Riku love interest. But, I also wish to believe he belongs with Kairi! And if he does, who does Riku belong to? Nomura better make a character for Riku to love. But chances are, it isn't going to happen.

14. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

His one and only romantic interest is Kairi. This is proven many times throughout the series. In the first KH, it's easy to tell that he wants to protect Kairi more than anything. Also, he draws himself giving a paopu fruit to Kairi in the cave. If he were romantically interested in Riku instead, he probably would have scribbled Kairi out of the picture and drawn Riku, so that he was sharing the fruit with Riku instead of Kairi. In CoM, Naminé talks about how creating memories of her and Sora together will only make Sora's "feelings for Kairi" stronger. Obviously, the "feelings" she refers to go a little beyond simple friendship. I believe that the biggest indicator of romance between Sora and Kairi thus far is this:
    In 358/2 Days, Sora is unable to be restored until Xion joins with him because she holds his "most important memories," which are memories of Kairi. If those memories, and not memories of Riku, are the most important ones, why would Sora be feeling anything romantic for Riku instead of Kairi?
    Alright, many people use the argument that in KHII, when Sora is reunited with his friends, he cries when he sees Riku, but not when he sees Kairi, so that MUST mean there's something there. Riku is Sora's best friend. It's okay for best friends to cry for each other and not have any romantic relations, even if they're guys. I believe that Sora cries for Riku because first of all, he knew that Riku had been just about to leave the Castle That Never Was and not tell Sora that he was okay or go back home to Destiny Islands or anything. He would have slipped out, and Sora never would have figured out who he was. He had been following Sora around the whole time, but refused to make himself known. That probably really hurt Sora. Also, I would think that Sora was really shocked at Riku's appearance. From this he knew that Riku had been going through a long, hard struggle with darkness, and he felt sad that he hadn't been there to help his friend this whole time. And maybe in his heart he sort of knew that Riku let his outward appearance change so that he could save Sora, and Sora felt ashamed that Riku had to make such a huge sacrifice for him. Yes, as a best friend, Sora was justified in shedding tears over this stuff. As for not crying for Kairi, she was not going through any inner turmoil, so there was no need to feel bad for her in that sense. And he knew that aside from being held hostage by the Organization, Sora knew that she was safe, because he was aware that he was being set up, and Kairi was just the bait, so the Organization wasn't going to harm her. But before that, when Sora asks Saïx where Kairi is, he gets down on his knees and begs to know, which is a pretty big deal for Sora, because he would never humble himself before anyone in the Organization if Kairi was not everything to him. So, this all proves that he is in love with Kairi, and not Riku.

As for Naminé, yes, Sora does have romantic feelings for her in CoM, but it's only because Naminé is Kairi. People talk as if Naminé is completely separate from Kairi, but that's not true, if you know the basic story behind the KH series. Sora's love for Naminé is just love for Kairi.

And finally, a romance between Sora and Roxas? Seriously? No. Roxas is Sora. They end up in the same body--Sora's body--at the end of KHII. That would mean Sora is in love with...himself? I don't think so. Romance between Sora and Roxas would simply be impossible.

I really don't mean to ruin anyone's fun or anything. If you like the other pairings, that's fine, I respect your opinions. I'm just saying that they're not present in the games. But imagination is a wonderful thing... LOL I still fantasize about the Zuko/Katara pairing in Avatar: The Last Airbender... They had their "moments," but there was never really anything more than friendship between them. Wow, that was REALLY long. I apologize for that. I'm off the soapbox.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

He's with Kairi but since Namine merged with Kairi near the end of KH2 I think he's technically with Namine too. Roxas and him are the same person so Sora is with Namine as well as Roxas. That's just me though.

16. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Roxas and Naminé already returned to the bodies of both Sora and Kiari, so the real question is "Does Sora like Kairi, Riku, or both?".

:lolface:
    Sora has such a high ego that I could see him going for Roxas.

17. Always Dance Chaser

Sora is shown to be romantically interested in both Riku and Kairi. Nanime and Roxas are nobodies, so you can probably cross that option off.
    Between Riku and Kairi, Kairi will probably end up being the canon one since a gay relationship in a Disney video game would probably end up being very controversial.

18. TwilightTownShadow Destiny Islands Resident

Sora and Riku been friends since childhood so to tell you the truth they have a strong bromance (the word has nothing to do with having any romance with each other the word really means two guys having a very strong friendship relation.)

Roxas is Sora's nobody so I don't think he can have a relationship with himself :/

As for Namine Sora made it look like he liked her but he's a very nice guy so it just looked like it.

So yea he's with the ****** Kairi :).

19. RikusLight Merlin's Housekeeper

Just because Sora searched every where for Riku doesn't mean he's gay. They have been best friends since childhood so of course Sora would look for him. If my best friend went missing then I would search every where for her. That doesn't mean I'm in love with her and want a relationship. That's just what friends do. And there are strong hints that Sora has feelings for Kairi. And Kairi has feelings for Sora.

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Here's how I break it down.

Sora and Roxas=masturbation so... No
    Sora and Namine=it could work but since he doesn't remember her after CoM... No
    Sora and Riku=yaoi relationship, which, as already mentioned by Killjoy, would never happen in a Disney game so... No
    Sora and Kairi=the obvious answer. Now if only those two would kiss and make it official so we wouldn't have to question their undying love towards each other...