Who among you has the cojones to battle me in Pokemon X/Y?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Advent, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Man, I am surprised you did that much damage in general. Still, rust was a team where only greninja was completely ready to face. I forgot an item on blazekin, and the other for I had still been messing with when I made them. I've never had a properly trained team yet. Though if I make one, w should have another battle.

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

"Lagging Tail Sableye and Whimsicott can pose huge headaches, as Lagging Tail forces slow opponents to move last even under Trick Room." - Smogon University

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Macho Brace then? Lol haven't touched pokemon in ages. Just trying to remember my old stuff lol.

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

What is competitive Pokemon lol

I can win with a casual team except I never do

6. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

Bring it on

7. Cherry Berry Chaser

I would have... if only I could conjure up a 3ds from thin air. ;c

8. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

As I've never even tried to be competitive in pokemon and my usual team is quite bad I know I would loose...

9. Karuta Reborn

I'll battle you. I'm prob a bit rusty as I haven't done competitive in a while.
    FC? Mine's 2449 - 5894 - 5964, IGN is Kyle.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

I WANNA KICK SOME AAAAAAAAAAAAASS

FC is 5429-7906-2041

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I would say watch out for specific pokemon, but that wouldn't be sporting. Still, I'm betting this guy got someone who had dittos in the friend safari and IV bred. I personally never bother because of the amount of work, and I just take my chances with the IVs I have and EV train

12. Hayabusa Venomous

To me, IV's only matter for players who play perfectly. Just as I've seen in many strategy games, it's strategy that wins more times than genetics.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You'd think that wouldn't you? But in Pokemon, the IVs are actually most important to the stat, even more so than the EV. Basically a higher IV means a higher stat in general. So something with like 5 ATK IVs compared to 31 IVs would hit a lot less, even if both had the same amount of EVs put into them. So you can have something that normally wouldn't hit hard hit a pokemon and take it out.
    But like I said, I find it a personal pain. They did make it extremely easier in X/Y, but it's still a bit of a chore, and I don't play that much anymore either way. But the EV is nice and quick at least. But when we fought, like I said, I only had 1 pokemon completely ready for battle. In fact, I was still testing out the movesets on most of mine. I could say my Blaziken was ready, but since I had restarted, it didn't have any items on it, so I messed up with that. I've trained maybe 9 pokemon, but only Greninja has been the actual good, 100% I-know-this-works pokemon. The rest are trial-and-error. That's why I use smogon, but since it hasn't updated for the 6th generation, it's not that helpful right now.

And I typed way more than I had planned on in that

14. Karuta Reborn

IVs are like, the most imporant part of building a good pokemon. 1 IV isn't going to change a whole lot but a pokemon with 6 perfect IVs will **** all over a pokemon with random IVs.

15. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I am fiending a battle. Any takers?

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Did you ever add my FC I haven't had my 3DS for like a week

17. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Bro, post your fc again. Your Mawile is ready!

18. Hayabusa Venomous

True, but I don't know anyone personally who's put enough effort to get such Pokemon.

On a side note, I personally really dislike the IV system for being such a time sink. It's already pretty annoying having to find the right natures, abilities, and sometimes even exclusive moves (the only way I got a Dragonite with Iron Head into my Y was training one and transferring it from Heart Gold, since I don't have Black 2 or White 2) and then put in the EV's (which THANK GOD they made a hell of a lot easier with X/Y.)

19. Karuta Reborn

IV System? A time sink? In X /Y?
    All you need is a 6 IV Ditto (which people are practically giving away now) and you get a 5-6 IV Pokemon in 20 minutes.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

First off you actually need the dittos, and it's not quite so simple, unfortunately.