What's a Game Concept You Want to See Done Well?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

I asked this a while back on the podcast, and...was kind of disappointed with the responses. So here it is, for anyone to answer, slightly revised.

It doesn't even have to be a new concept; it can be one you've seen constantly, but always (or at least usually) screwed up.

For one, I want a semi-open third-person world game based around gangs of rival superpowered people, and you can create a character with a specific power set and personality (so no God-mode characters who have everything.) No, not a superhero MMO; I found DC Universe Online really boring really quickly because of its bland combat. Anarchy Reigns-style combat would be pretty cool, though maybe based more on a specific set of skills for each power set plus personality. For example, make your character an ice brawler who specializes in melee combat, and he/she uses skills like ice gauntlets, or suplexes to enemies he/she freezes.

Also, I'd like if it wasn't MMO-structured. Rather, have a single-player story that changes a bit based on your own character's powers and personality, and a multiplayer mode with PvP battles and tournaments.

It's a little rough at the moment, but I just really want a good custom superhero game.

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I want a good game that combines elements of classic Disney and Square Enix.

I guess I want a game world that adapts around player actions in a meaningful way. If you have read the book Epic, I want a game like Epic. A game where everything stays dead after dying, including the player character. "Open world" only begins to cover the depth of this kind of project. The permanence and meaningfulness of your interactions in the game world are what I long for. If your character grows close to an NPC and dies, the NPC should remember you or even mention you to other characters after you create a new character. A dragon's hoard is the sum of the treasure it has collected from its victims. When you kill a dragon, the dragon will stay dead and not respawn. The hoard is yours and no other player can take it; first come, first served.

In other words, an intensely simulated alternate universe.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I want a console action MMO to exist... Please.

4. 61 No. B

gimme a new kh game with a quality and charm comparable to 1 and com pls.

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

For real tho 2 > 1

6. 61 No. B

i like 2 more but like i said earlier 1 has a charm that hasn't quite been seen since.

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

As to answer the question of the OP. This is a loaded question, I sadly feel as a gamer right now I don't exactly know what I want. I can easily tell if I like a game or not but right now I feel like the industry is in a bit of a rut, so sadly I just play stuff to pass the time. Which sucks because I love adventure, and a good story, etc.

*shrugs*

I can respect that.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

It's ok to not know exactly what you want; just share stuff that you think would make a really cool game if done well :>

9. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I'd enjoy seeing a platformer that uses position to determine timeframe of the setting. This would mean that the specific path you walk on determines the nature of your journey. It would also mean that you need to look around carefully to see how your actions have already shaped the present so you can go back and do it.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

JRPG. /brick'd

11. Hayabusa Venomous

That sounds really cool actually. I'm supposing that you'd make your decisions based on how the different paths appear or what sound effects/music you hear as you near one?

12. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Not sure exactly what you're asking because my perception of what I'd want is already pretty set in stone and I gave a very vague overview of it. However, the time sliding would basically be a step by step process. The world is set up on a grid. Moving from one specific grid square to another specific grid square causes a specific time shift that can only be achieved by that combination of 2 squares in that direction. So when you're on any given square you have 8 directions you can move in both space and time. So there is no indicator of which decision you make from a gameplay perspective. You just see what you see and make of it what you want as if you were just exploring normally. If you see that there is a boulder you can climb on in a future time period that isn't there in a past one, you should think about what made it move there.

This system is basically because I don't like giving people too many cues as to what they're supposed to do. I like them making their own decisions. This would probably make the game I imagine really boring for most people but for someone like me would would just see this as a fun puzzle.

13. Trigger hewwo uwu

Dragon's Dogma 2

14. Patman Bof

Shattered Memories' psychoanalyzing. Altering the game based on your own personal fears was a brilliant idea on paper, unfortunately flawed in its execution. I' d really like to see someone get it right.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

Heard of this game, Sound of Silence?

I've been following it ever since I saw the concept video:

16. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I just want some hella good VR tech. CS:GO fitness regime here I come.

17. Patman Bof

Nope. Sounds interesting, thanks. I take it they' re planning a PC only release ? Not sure how smoothly my entry price laptop could run such a game.

18. Hayabusa Venomous

Well, what are your laptop's specs? I don't think the game will be that taxing honestly.

19. Patman Bof

Intel Core i3-3217U
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    4GB DDR3 Memory

So far I' ve only tried to run desmume and it can' t even emulate ReCoded (and many other DS games) smoothly.

20. Hayabusa Venomous

Aye, that's the problem with integrated GPU's; you usually have to pony up about $200 US extra for a GPU that's even worth something on a laptop.