Site News Welcome to the new KH-Vids!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Misty

Not a bug report. (Although I've been editing all bugs I've been finding into my previous post.)

Anyway, I've found a solution to the left pagination arrow being broken issue. I was experiencing this same issue on our custom style that's still in the works on KH-Flare, as I'm sure you know, so I made a thread on XenForo Community a while ago and got some assistance today. It had to do with me adjusting the font size in the PageNav Container style property from the default 11px to 12px.

Reverting to 11px fixed the issue. However, if you want to keep the 12px, you'll need to adjust the width and/or height. I'm having no luck, but since you know more in this field, I know you'll most likely get it.

Just read through this thread. :)

2. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Since things have calmed down a bit, I'd just thought I'd pop my head in quick and see if there has been any sort of news on the counter for the RPA. I know you were waiting to hear back about it.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Unfortunately I still am. I have messaged the guy several times to no reply, might just contract out another Dev.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Shouldn't the Quick Links links be the same yellow color as the other links?

Quick Links.png

5. Misty gimme kiss

No. it's intentional.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Gotcha.

What about this stuff? Just in case you missed it with everything that's been going on, such as the staff applications and improving the search.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

XenForo's core tabs on the search page have a weird bar behind them; however, other areas, like Notable Members, Current Visitors, etc., that have tabs don't.

Search.png

Notable Members.png

Spoilers, both in posts and when previewing, also have a weird bar behind them:

Spoiler 1.png

Spoiler 2.png

Edit: Using the first image in the Spoiler Tags spoiler above, the style chooser does not show when creating a thread (and, subsequently, it probably also doesn't show when creating a conversation or using the advanced editor).

Edit #2: Scratch that. I guess it was some small hiccup when I was on the Create Thread page earlier.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Is there any way we can get the text in the example boxes on the BB Code page darkened? It's really hard to read.

[​IMG]

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

The style chooser is randomly disappearing when just browsing the site.

upload_2014-3-12_23-29-23.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1394775180][/DOUBLEPOST]@Misty

This is in regards to this:

You probably still won't want to, but it can't hurt to just let you know, right? ;)

Changing the activity name when on the portal is ridiculously easy, and credit for this goes to Mike, one of our staff members at KH-Flare (not KH-Vids Mike, haha): Admin CP > Appearance > Search Phrases

Viewing portal and index are two separate phrases. In the Titles Contains input field, search for viewing_portal and index, respectively; when you open them up, in the Phrase Text box, simply change them to Viewing page and Home, respectively. But again, if you don't want to, that's fine. I just wanted to let you know it's easy. c:

Also note that searching index will bring up other results as well. You want the one that's only index and no other words. There will also be an indicator beside it on the right showing it's from XenPorta -- that's the one you want.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  10. Amaury Legendary Hero

I meant to respond to this specifically when it was posted, but that didn't happen. :x

Anyway, it's this page, specifically: http://kh-vids.net/help/bb-codes Also, that page appears to be completely wonked out.

11. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Okay so this might have been done intentionally, I just noticed it when viewing a new post. The new post indicator appears to be off to the right of where it normally would be.

Capture.PNG

This would be easily fixed by placing this code in the Extra.css template.

Code:
    .message .newIndicator { right: .91em !important;}
    Which would cause it to appear like so:

Capture.PNG

-Snow Queen

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

.SelectionCount.cloned.itemsChecked needs to be styled -- it's still the default XenForo styling.

Selected Count.png

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey all. Recently (re: last night), we updated our BBCode add on to a more refined version so we could tinker around with a couple potential new codes. As a result, some of them may look a little different. As of now, the only ones you will probably notice right away are:

Spoiler
    ...And when you do open it, it opens up like a computer window *o*

User Tag
    Notice how @Plumenkranz is white instead of yellow. That's basically it.

If you notice anything ~different~ about some codes, this is probably why. If you do happen to find any that are really bugged out (like spoiler was last night), simply post in the Site Assistance forum and we'll tinker around with it. Thank you for your time~

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

Any way to re-add the underline on tags to make it clear it's linked? :)

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I believe that's what the '@' symbol is for. It's a tag indicator. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, there is an option to disable display of the symbol but then there'd be no identifiers of a link. It's still noticeable with anyone who colours their text. For instance, it's easier to identify with me as my text is a light blue and the tag is still white. @Cortex

-Snow Queen

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

I am curious, though, why tags were changed. What was wrong with the name being the general link color?

17. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I believe it was changed that way they could be displayed more subtly in posts. I'd actually prefer if the '@' symbol weren't displayed that way it just appears to be a normal post. It will still alert the user you're tagging and users can still click the link, it just doesn't take away from the post by making an obvious display. At least, I'm assuming this is why it was changed.

-Snow Queen

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

It was not an intentional change. The shift in the BBCode add on had caused it. I'll look into fixing it back either sometime today or the weekend.

19. Amaury Legendary Hero

Okay, thanks!

Strange, though! Tagging is a core feature in XenForo 1.2, so I wonder why it would be affected.

20. Amaury Legendary Hero

Not exactly a bug, but I imagine that the user status time stamp could be hard to read for some people. Not because of its color, but because it's a little small:

upload_2014-3-26_17-50-51.png