The STRANGE (OOC Discussion)

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Krowley, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]
    DISCUSSION

Class information
    Each letter in the schools name, classifies you under a certain class which allows use to help you better adjust to your gifted abilities.

(S) Bushy Brow
    (T) DarkTraitor, SkyHeart
    (R) Midnight Star, Saxima
    (A) Lilbueno
    (N) Machina
    (G) Dinny Grayson
    (E) Krowley

S-Class has students with Scientifically Altered DNA. This is mainly due to perhaps an experiment gone wrong. With chemicals infecting them, S Class students are often cold and angered resulting in a high bully count at the STRANGE Academy.
    (Examples: Captain America, The Flash, Ant-Man)

T-Class has students who are Technologically gifted. While having no superhuman abilities, they are efficient in creating technological devices to substitute for it. Using Brain instead of Brawn, T Class students are known for their wit and top academic knowledge. While most are human, some are practically machines. Their vast knowledge alone labels most students in this class as Nerds.
    (Examples: Iron Man, Vision, Bumblebee)

R-Class has students suffering from Radiation. Similar to S-Class, these students have been infected with unstable chemicals that does not effect their psyche as much. Whether contacting through infected creatures or direct contact, these students somehow find an outlet in the Arts. Music, Art, drama, are the fancies of most students in R Class resulting in a high Art fanatic count.
    (Examples: Spider-man, The Hulk, The Fantastic 4)

A-Class has students who are Advanced, with Unearthly Abilities given by the gods, or through Alien home worlds. These contain some of the more powerful super humans with much difficulty on deciphering their genetic code. Their high power level results in a large percentage of students in this class to act like Preps. (Preps are students who conform to typical teenage behavior as well as being fairly snobbish at times)
    (Examples: Superman, Wonder Woman, Thor)

N-Class has students with Natural Talent. Having no superhuman abilities, T class relies on their natural athleticism and strategic knowledge in most situations.Students in this class are highly skilled with arsenal and have excellent stamina. This usually results in this class having a high count of your typical cocky Jocks.
    (Examples: Batman, Hawkeye, Deadpool)

G-Class has students with genetic Mutation. These students have not suffered through any chemical hardship, but have reached a new stage in Evolution for the human species. Their abilities are probably the most difficult to control since the students themselves don't know the full extent of their powers. Despite some of their outstanding uses, students in this class often go towards the Punk or Rebel clique disregarding most authority figures.
    (Examples: Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler)

E-Class has students known as Enchanters. Powers gained from the Dark arts or demons put a depressive spin on these students. Knowing that the result of your powers were from dark forces is quite the downer. This also makes emotions such as anger more difficult to control since too much may cause abnormal and unpredictable consequences. though not all students are emotionless, most have found homeage as Emos or Goths expressing themselves, by not expressing themselves.
    (Examples: Raven, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange)

OC Form
    NOTE: Acceptiung OCs are temporarily closed for the Time Being.
    Full Name: (Speaks for itself)
    Alias: (A Nickname you're often given)
    Class: (S, T, R, A, N, G, or E)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Abilities: (Anything from Powers to Arsenal. Maximum 2)
    Weakness: (Something that weakens you physically)
    Emotional weakness: (Something that weakens you mentally)

Students

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

This looks absolutely amazing Krowley! Incredibly well put together. I love it.
    Howdy to the others, by the way 8D I think it's obvious I'm quite excited to Role Play with you guys c: <3

Reading the character profiles right now, I think this will be very interesting andfun to play around and develop with! I did notice how horribly short, generic, and undetailed my character's profile is xD Would it be okay if I add to it sometime? Just maybe make them into full sentences LOL I apologize for such an ill-detailed profile to begin with, I believe I filled it out right before I headed out to the airport which was quite the rush : P

Oh, just wondering, when will the RP possibly be starting? I'm just curious ~

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Yeah... I feel awkward that my entire profile for Anya seemed to turn into a long essay. XD
    As do most of my characters, lol

Anyway I believe, unless things have changed, that from the last I asked Krowley; he had one or two things left to tweak etc before we can start.
    Should only be a few days... albeit, I did ask a few days ago lol
    So... yeah.
    I'm gonna guess it should be fairly soon. I'm really looking forward to this anyway.

4. Krowley Moderator

Well, It can't just be 7 preplanned people as I originally intended, so now its full on open to the public.
    The story itself should begin in a few days. Just interested on hearing what people involved hope to expect.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Well, to be fair, you even said in the FAQ that it would be open to people in a bit, but that you wanted it to start out with the first seven as a close team which would be impossible to do if you had like 20 something people join.
    It's not like it would be completely closed to people in that sense. So I don't really see the issue. All you wanted was to hold out for a bit before inviting more people. I see RPs do that here all the time, and heck some RPs even have limits on the amount of people who can join, and once a certain amount has been reached, that is it.
    I don't see much of a difference really.
    It's not like you're saying no one could join ever just to be mean, you just want some time to establish things before things get really heavy and complicated.
    Lord knows that a lot of RPs can end prematurely from not building a good base. So yeah.

~

Either way... I'm not particularly hoping for anything in particular... I mean, I'm the type of RPer who loves treating the RP and characters like that world is the real life for those involved. So whatever happens at all is what I look forward to. To see how my character and everyone else's characters will react to the events and to each other is what I truly am looking for. I mean, I'll be honest. When I make a character, during the course of the RP, they end up developing in ways I'd never expect. It's like they become their own person, and that is something I love.
    So I suppose you could say... I'm 'hoping' for a lot of development, but that goes without saying for anyone anyway I think.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Is this a closed RP, or is anyone allowed to join?

[I ask because it seems there aren't enough letters in the word 'Strange' for more than seven people]

7. Pinekaboo Chaser

It was going to be closed for a short while, and then be open to anyone, but that's changed, meaning it's open to anyone from the very begining now.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

So that means we can just put our character under any category?

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

Basically, yes.

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Ah, alright. Thank you ~

I'll probably submit my character later on today. I appreciate it, DT. c:

11. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I'd wait for Krowley to confirm first though.
    I mean, he might have ideas for other places OCs can go. Like teachers or the like (naturally, I'm sure antagonists might be needed too)... no one knows until he says the word really.
    I mean,it may indeed and most likely be the case that any category is the right answer, but I'm just saying it might be best to wait to see what Krowley says first since he's the boss.

12. Krowley Moderator

The School environment doesn't last very long. In fact it barely lasts a week.
    My original intention was wait until that period of the soryline ended, then allow more people to join.
    However, I was told this excluded people (Which was not my intention) and that I wouldn't be able to let the RP continue unless everyone had a fair opportunity.
    So instead of limiting to 7 or closing the thread, it is now open to all so I may take a few days to modify the storyline.
    Unlike my SOS RP, I'm trying not to start it "over cluttered". (Too many heroes make it harder to pose much threat)

My new plan is to allow OCs and close them if I feel too many have joined.
    (I can only take control of so many things in one setting)

I do however advise those intent on joining to pay close attention to rules and plot events so not to much is tampered with the original story's design.

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Just to clarify though, for the sake of others who want to make OCs
    What can they expect with the class system?
    Is it free to choose, or what? (thinking of Saxima here... and also curious myself as to how it would affect things)

14. Krowley Moderator

My main goal character wise, Is variety.
    My choice to start with seven was based off most hero groups (Justice League, Avengers, Watchmen) it shows a few (6-8) members Resistance against a great threat with changing members in the future.
    Since I am trying to make this group to overpowered since there are more people involved I advise people to look into S, T, R, N, and G Class. Not that A and E are overpowered now, but both classes involve forces foreign to Earth which could get out of hand very fast.

Story wise, I'm still hoping to only keep a week at the academy since people won't be characters won't be there for long.
    The purpose of this week is for strangers to band together in a common interest; To escape.
    I understand I'm spoiling the story a lot, but after that, a whole mess of conspiracy and discovery follows on the planet's current state.
    I still plan to keep people in school for only a week, and try to keep OCs at roughly ten.

Once the escape event is finished, characters can do what they wish but be warned that this RP is a bit intense...
    If your character is caught, there is no telling what will happen. If caught by the wrong people, your character could very well be killed off/erased. There are plenty of underground resistances in cities but too many people escaping could cause too much attention. People react as realistically as they can in a fictional story. Again, why I hoped to open OCs at a later date so a character has a better chance of living.

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I have a question: Would it be possible to get some sort of small personality description of the teachers?

16. Krowley Moderator

I was hoping to leave that for your own discovery but I don't see any reason why not;

Professor Arthur Daniels
    History and Geography
    A favorable professor who stands by his inspiring teaching methods. While not being able to reveal certain aspects of some of Earth's past, he still takes great pride in teaching. He is a kind man and does his best to relate to his students. He is the only member of faculty without any superhuman abilities.

Madame Colette Lumia
    Music, Art, Theater
    An eccentric and passionate teacher of the arts. She believes in committing to everything you do and still maintaining a sense of who you are. Though she tends to have irritable and some what bizarre habits, you will definitely learn something. During her time in this academy, she was an R Class student with abilities she refuses to share with the rest of her students.

Coach Lionel Kreuger
    Health and Fitness
    A muscular and physically fit teacher who will not dismiss a class until everyone succeeds the task given to them. While he may not be a class favorite, he has outstanding morals and a persistent attitude. He is, at most times, a drill sergeant commanding his soldier students. Another person who attended this academy, he graduated S Class with his super speed and increased strength.

Dr. Dimitri Kuzmenko
    Science and Mathematics
    Very serious when it comes to academics. He has a zero tolerance for tom foolery and will only teach what he thinks you should know. The hardest marker, Dr. Kuzmenko is classified as "T" Class since his right arm functions as a multipurpose tool for teaching and in some cases, threatening his students. He takes great pride in his Russian heritage.

Professor William Brown
    English and Literature
    An African American professor teaching youths in the style of reading and writing with much more emphasis on writing. Most of his assignments are to help students express themselves and their opinions. Since he is a telepath he can easily read these thoughts but he feels it best the students write about it since he dislikes using his ability for immoral uses. A strong believer in Ethics, Professor Brown still expects them to learn from the books he assigns.

17. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

18. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

I might also want to join in this some time when OCs open up again.
    This looks relatively interesting...Probably even... Viral....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.