The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Havent seen Soul eater in a while, but I do have to agree that the earlier part of the show wasn't the best. Personally I think that it did get better as it went on apart from a few filler episodes ( at least the point I have seen up to so far which is quite near the end).

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

To add to this, while it is definitely not okay to act that way to someone --especially if you're claiming to be a fan of them-- actors and celebrities may just be regular humans like you and me, but they're also celebrities. I don't think that means they're inherently different from you or me, but there's a change of...behavior when it comes to interacting with them. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any need to have them in the spotlight to begin with. Especially if one of them seems cold; actors are rarely, if ever, thought of as shy.[DOUBLEPOST=1436197217][/DOUBLEPOST]So I accidentally stumbled upon a Facebook thread of people disparaging Macy's for cutting ties with Donald Trump ever his racist marks.
    Not only are these people still supporting his presidential run, but they're agreeing with him wholeheartedly. The ones who aren't completely agreeing with him are still defending what he said, twisting his words to a more mild version of what he actually said to justify them.
    One of them even posted a picture of a Hispanic women kissing her child with the caption of "I loooove my anchor baby."
    And the way the thread started? Macy's making a post hoping everyone enjoyed their fireworks (Amaury's thread) and a seemingly non-Hispanic woman (white sounding name) commenting that they don't shop at Macy's anymore due to being ostracized for her size a few years ago by a salesperson and a manager.
    This is why I don't feel safe in this country.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  3. Hayabusa Venomous

First day post-Anime Expo.

My legs. They are dead.

I miss all of the nerdiness and new friends and taking hundreds of pictures.

Most of all I miss my girlfriend.

It's really good.

4. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I'm just going to ask this here as I don't think it worth starting a new thread to ask it. I was just wondering about the RP area if it still possible to join in with roleplays or if Im too late to join in with any of the RP's that are going on currently?

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

It depends on the roleplay. You're always welcome to ask in OoC threads, or PM the roleplay's creator!

6. 61 No. B

oh well now I have to read

so i'm officially a patreon patron now.
    give me my stuff.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm not one for trying to convince someone to watch/read/play something in words anymore. I've tried countless times and it just doesn't really work too well often. Much better is to just immerse yourself in it for a few hours and see how it goes.

8. 61 No. B

i get that.
    but why? what specifically did you like about it

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I really, really like the journey that Edward and Alphonse endure. I can't think of any prominent characters whom I didn't enjoy seeing on the screen. The action is animated really well and never goes on for too long to cut into the plot. There are so many well-written non-white and/or non-male characters. I wouldn't want to skip any episodes, because they all felt relevant to the themes and story. It's at least one example that manga can't only be written well by men.

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Mecha battle confirmed to happen. What a time to be alive.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm excited, but really USA? Really? We're challenging Japan to a robot fight?
    AMERICA
    vs
    JAPAN
    in a ROBOT fight?

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

It's going to be glorious. Especially when Russia interrupts the fight half-way through with their robot.

13. Ghost King's Apprentice

HIIIIIIIII FRIENDSSSSSSSS!!!!!

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

But hi. :3

15. Laurence_Fox Chaser

The one in question that was insulted was Dylan Sprayberry who is a little new to the convention scene. At least in regards to the Teen Wolf fanbase who ...well have a general lack of a respect. Or at least the more vocal ones do. And he's 16 years old.

Yeah, I get that celebrities have a certain thing about them that makes them celebrities. But that doesn't mean that we can't treat them with respect and also respect when things make them uncomfortable.

For example, Ian Bohen has repeatedly requested that fans stop referring to him as 'Daddy' because it makes him uncomfortable. Yet people keep doing it. And Tyler Hoechlin has repeatedly asked people to not ask him about Sterek because it makes him uncomfortable. Yet people do.

When someone, celebrity or no, asks you to stop doing something on the grounds that it makes them uncomfortable, you stop doing it. You don't shut them down for it. You don't ignore the request. You don't expect them to explain why in an effort to appease you and to justify why it makes them uncomfortable. You simply stop doing it. End of discussion.

16. 61 No. B

you keep talking about this fanbase maybe the problem is not with people in general but that specific fanbase which you describe as a bunch of petty delusional monsters.

17. Plums Wakanda Forever

Going through the ME trilogy. Finished the first one, working on the second now.

why can't femshep flirt with any of the cute girls (outside liara), this isn't fair

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

Life isn't fair, Plums.

[​IMG]

19. Hayabusa Venomous

No FemShep in 1 was a crime.

(if my girlfriend and I are correct thinking you can't FemShep til 2)

20. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I don't really consider myself part of the fanbase really. So much that I enjoy a thing while being mostly unaware of what is going on unless the stupidity of others is brought to my attention.